Horrible Flicks (Crank Related)

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
so i watched "crank" last night, and that handsdown has to be the worst movie released this year. i watched it becuase i saw "transporter 1+2",cause of the luc besson connection, and they were decent brain-dead action flicks.thought crank would maybe fall into that league.nope, that shit was so simple and stupid it would have insulted my intelligence when i was 10 and thought rambo was a straightforward documentry about returning nam vets.plus, having your lead character snort some coke and then proclaim that he was gonna 'kick some black ass'= whats some of the worst movies y'all have seen this year?

Comments

• I fell asleep while watching "Saw 3".

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Is crank the one with the transporter guy, and he has to keep his adreniline level up or he'll die or something?

I kinda wanted to see that one.... oh wells.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    yeah. believe me,you'll feel cheated even if you see this for free.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    you know what movie really sucked cock? that superman shit. I saw that 2 days ago and it was hands down the corniest movie ive seen in a very long time.

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts

nope, that shit was so simple and stupid it would have insulted my intelligence when i was 10 and thought rambo was a straightforward documentry about returning nam vets.

Best thing I have heard all week

• you know what movie really sucked cock? that superman shit. I saw that 2 days ago and it was hands down the corniest movie ive seen in a very long time.

A friend of mine did who film grading for superman said that even frame by frame, or in short sequences, he could tell it sucked balls.

• I used to never stop watching movies in the middle of viewing them, even if they were bad. But I did it three times in the past 6 months:

PARIS TEXAS
    "I have vunderful idea. I cast cult actor Harry Dean Stanton in my vilm. But I make him mute! No dialogue! Brilliant, yes? Casting agent says he vill probably do the vilm for cheaper if he doesn't have to learn ze words." - Wim Wenders

GARDEN STATE
    Maybe if you're a depressed white guy in college who can't get pussy, you might like this. Wait, I was a depressed white guy in college who couldn't get pussy - and I still didn't like it. BTW if you think the soundtrack was fantastic, don't ever talk to me again.

MY NAME IS NOBODY
    The funniest slapstick spaghetti western ever! Now you know why you that genre wasn't the big success that "slapstick celebrity car chase" and "Two Osmond siblings with a talking chimpanzee" movies were.

And as a sidenote, anyone who watches a film based on its relation to THE TRANSPORTER really deserves what they get. No offense.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I used to never stop watching movies in the middle of viewing them, even if they were bad. But I did it three times in the past 6 months:

PARIS TEXAS
    "I have vunderful idea. I cast cult actor Harry Dean Stanton in my vilm. But I make him mute! No dialogue! Brilliant, yes? Casting agent says he vill probably do the vilm for cheaper if he doesn't have to learn ze words." - Wim Wenders

GARDEN STATE
    Maybe if you're a depressed white guy in college who can't get pussy, you might like this. Wait, I was a depressed white guy in college who couldn't get pussy - and I still didn't like it. BTW if you think the soundtrack was fantastic, don't ever talk to me again.

I'm totally with you on Garden State - one of the most self pitying pieces of shit I've ever had to sit through, made me feel genuinely nauseous.

I've always loved Paris, Texas. Though I can see why it might get up some people's noses I've always enjoyed the lack of action and slow pacing - less about the story, more about the feel it leaves you with.

Turds I've watched recently would have to include:

Da Vinci Code - Never really liked the book which wasn't a good sign admittedly but the only thing that kept me going to the end of this film was Hank's extraordinary hair.

Silent Hill - Congratulations, you caught the look of the videogame perfectly - now all you need to do is work on actually having a fucking plot and you may get somewhere.

Crash - Can't remember too much about this as my head was reeling from being hit by so many subtlety of a sledgehammer points

+ About 10 shit hollywood ghost story and teen comedy blockbusters which have all merged into one big sludge in my mind.