Jay Dilla on Labcabin

novocaine132novocaine132 337 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Still getting lifted off his joints on the record. Talk about some make-you-feel-good-like-some-CCR-lookin-out-my-backdoor type of schlitz.

Runnin'=

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Yea, Pharcyde went from "every one has a jazz loop" too "international lounge vibe" on that LP.

• And Still one of my Favorite albums.

• uhhh yeah this album does not hold a CANDLE to bizzareride. sorry, I know folls will tell me to take this to the breaks.com or start talking about soundbombing blah, blah, blah. but J-Swift's beats on bizzarreride are better than anything on Labcabin.*

* no I am not comparing J-Swift with Dilla on a more macro level. that's just silly. my comments are limited to a comparison of the two pharcyde albums.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    the runnin/drop 12" is great, but I don??t like the LP so much.
    bizarreride is classic witout a doubt

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    uhhh yeah this album does not hold a CANDLE to bizzareride. sorry, I know folls will tell me to take this to the breaks.com or start talking about soundbombing blah, blah, blah. but J-Swift's beats on bizzarreride are better than anything on Labcabin.*

* no I am not comparing J-Swift with Dilla on a more macro level. that's just silly. my comments are limited to a comparison of the two pharcyde albums.

Yep, listening to both albums back to back these days there's really no competition. I find dilla's beats smooth out the sound too much compared to the energy displayed on the debut - I'd take bizarre ride over labcabin any day of the week.

• a comparison of the two pharcyde albums

I definitely support the Bizarre Ride jocking.

Swift's beats on that were deranged, hyperactive, and the low bass!!!

Put it this way, one could sit on tha La-Z-Boy, listen to Lab, and read/multitask/fill in the blank, and feel his/her brain getting smarter.
    If it's Ride playing, One would more likely jump around the room like

Of cuorse the Ride is doep mang.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

its just sad what wound up of j-swift. Now he is like that bubbles dude from the wire. He kind of is becoming a joke with this crack shit, like he is exploiting himself and trying to blow up off of being clean for 6 months. dont get it twisted, im not hating on him for being sober, just trying to make it like your clean when you aint even out the clear yet. It can honestly take years to get over a bad crack addiction. And by trying to make yourself famous again will make that battle ten times as hard. So he really should lay back and get treatment for a minute before trying to get paid in full.

oh and his myspace has been hacked. The one day he was trying to sell get me to see his web cam and give me a free ipod.

but hands down bizarre ride is a better album. Labcabincali had better singles but not a coherent play from start to finish. There is a bunch of filler/trash on that album.