WANTED: Original Popcorn

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited December 2006 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
I will pay good money or trade mega heat for this French psych funk masterpiece. Need it for a mix.

Comments

• mmm,

have had it a couple of times in the past, sold them for lots of $$$...

Here's the single on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...33841&rd=1&rd=1

I'll get in touch if I track another down...tough though.

Flasha

• mmm,

have had it a couple of times in the past, sold them for lots of $$$...

Here's the single on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...33841&rd=1&rd=1

I'll get in touch if I track another down...tough though.

Flasha

Bon courage...

• need it.

no not a hijack, i'm not ready to drop the ? x $$$ right now.

french attack: is this the holy grail of french breaks?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Thanks Flasha... was unaware there was a single.

• need it.

no not a hijack, i'm not ready to drop the ? x $$$ right now.

french attack: is this the holy grail of french breaks?

Hmm.. to be honest telling about holy grail for this record is a lil' bit exagerated, as copies were found over the years by french dealers, but for sure one of the most solid french LP regarding breaks, as I can't think of another rare one with 3 or 4 dope tunes like ORIGINAL POP CORN has.
    Maybe the BOBBY BOYD CONGRESS LP, left for about 600 euros and far rarer than the Popcorn LP, fall in that category but it's a one tracker so..
    Or the L'HOMME ORCHESTRE LP by Francois De Roubaix, that used to be a 1000/1500 one.

As for the VIGON 45 and to complement the Flasha info, the Bside is an instrumental version of the track on the LP, and it's
    A tough one to find right now.. I remember I left some 30 euros copies when I was young and soft

• mmm,

Mr Robert Murt as you know everything, you should let Mr Ferrari know that there were different releases of this Lp. One on Egg and the other on Barclay. First release was on the Egg label back in 1969 but if I remember correctly the Barclay release is nicer as the pressing is clearer, Egg pressings bit murky.

Someone is selling it for $$$ here:

http://www.backatcha.net/showdetail.php?ref=100479

You should also let him know that it was re-issued by Pulp Flavor recordings in 2002 (on vinyl and cd) but is actually tricky to find now probably because it was a booty?? and finally you can find a track off the album on Dusty Fingers vol.10.

There you go, hope that helps Mr Ferrari.

Let me know.

• Mr Robert Murt as you know everything

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    there were different releases of this Lp. One on Egg and the other on Barclay. First release was on the Egg label back in 1969 but if I remember correctly the Barclay release is nicer as the pressing is clearer, Egg pressings bit murky.

Thanks for the info... I just thought Egg was a division of Barclay and those were the same pressings.

• i had that lp in my hands while in france...one of the illest drum breaks ive ever heard.
    honestly tho...shit is wack other than that. $$$$$$ for drums is not what its all about to me.
    had the money and still passed.

• I just thought Egg was a division of Barclay and those were the same pressings.
    I didn't know about Egg being a divison of Barclay, figures...but from what I remember the pressings were quite different. Egg one was quite thick and sharp at the edges, not so shiny and the Barclay was lighter and shinier and if memory serves me correctly, clearer and louder sounding.

I am talking about the copies I had through my hands, can't say if they were all like that and I've not heard what the re-issue sounds like either.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    i had that lp in my hands while in france...one of the illest drum breaks ive ever heard.
    honestly tho...shit is wack other than that. $$$$$$ for drums is not what its all about to me.

Damn, I love the whole record. To me it ain't just a couple of breaks.

And yes, they are the illest breaks ever.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

That break is the definition of

• i had that lp in my hands while in france...one of the illest drum breaks ive ever heard.

Damn, I love the whole record. To me it ain't just a couple of breaks.

got audio anyone? i need to hear this thing again.

french attack: do you have audio or a place to go to learn more about the roubaix record in question? i fucking love that dude. too bad he had to go out in a bizarre scuba diving related death.

• french attack: do you have audio or a place to go to learn more about the roubaix record in question? i fucking love that dude. too bad he had to go out in a bizarre scuba diving related death.

i dont think de roubaix is related to this record ... it's a franz auffray project with vigon , k.h schafer and cruciferius members ...

• he was referring to "L'homme orchestre" lp by Francois de Roubaix (another rare French record), not "Original Popcorn"...

• french attack: do you have audio or a place to go to learn more about the roubaix record in question? i fucking love that dude. too bad he had to go out in a bizarre scuba diving related death.

In fact I don't have the luck to own it myself. The best way is probably to grab the DVD of the movie, that is pretty common on ebay.
    The 45 is more easier to find bu don't have the beaty tracks.

Basically the big tune is "Repetition", and another one that sounds like Yamasaki record.. but the whole record is fine.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    ...shit is wack

cannot cosign on that!!!
    3 of my record patrolling friends has this now (they all found it cheap), and it is a dope piece which i would very much like to own

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Someone I know bought this record off eBay for.....1 euro.

Needless to say, he was pretty happy.