Tropicalia Exhibit @ Bronx Museum

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Has anyone seen the show? I finally walked over there to peep the new annex @ the Bronx Museum. There's a gang of Brazilian attwork on display about the "Tropicalia" movement.A Cool display of rekkids from that era that I wouldnt have known about w/out Soulstrut. Some artist shows an article about Gal Costa........ Sabadaba.............have you checked this yet?

Comments

• If this is the same thing they had in London at the beginning of the year (which it sounds like) then I really liked it. I loved all the old movie posters and whatnot that they had. There was also some incredible 3-d poetry by some dude who's name eludes me at the moment. It was neat to see Os Mutantes in London there as well.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Amazing stuff. I went on Day 1, which might have been a mistake because there was MAJOR technical trouble with the archival videos (DVD transfers skipping/stopping/behaving badly). I hope they got that ironed out.
    Overall a great show. The catalogue is worth it, too, for in-depth essays on the cultural/political context of the movement.