Show Me What Ya Got Soundscan

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
680K is this or ?

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I thought they were predicting like 850?

is this or ?

It's somewhere in the middle. It still makes for the biggest first week this year for a rap record, but considering the sheer force of the marketing campaign its not really that amazing. The only person "predicting" 850,000 was Hits Daily Double and they're known for their hyperbole. The real question is can he sustain this with a decent 2nd week or will he see like a 65% drop-off. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that when all is said and done he atually sells less than TI.

Game saw a 63% drop off this week. I'm willing to bet that despite the bigger first week, in 6 months Akon will have racked up a bigger total.

• I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that when all is said and done he atually sells less than TI.

Game saw a 63% drop off this week. I'm willing to bet that despite the bigger first week, in 6 months Akon will have racked up a bigger total.

I think the limb you're out on is very thin and breaking. He's going out on tour with Ludi, Jeezy, Ghost & Nas in the states in the new year. The vid for Lost Ones will ahve the honeys on . As kate Bush once said "I think he's gotta little life in him yet"

you can't hit billboard without soundscan. Soundscan comprises the top 200 now.

• I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that when all is said and done he atually sells less than TI.

I think the limb you're out on is very thin and breaking. He's going out on tour with Ludi, Jeezy, Ghost & Nas in the states in the new year. The vid for Lost Ones will ahve the honeys on . As kate Bush once said "I think he's gotta little life in him yet"

you can't hit billboard without soundscan. Soundscan comprises the top 200 now.

Hey Georges, A friendly wager perhaps? - Zvi

• Oof, cosign with DBC. I thought the 850K prediction was high when i saw that, but I was kind of hoping it was right or at least low. It is an impressive first week considering the rest of the year, however I think the second week is always more telling than the first week. The reaction i am seeing to the album has been lukewarm, which usually does not translate well to second week sales.

Also I do not think that any touring will necessaril help the album. Someone with the name and brand like Jay-Z doesn't need to tour to boost the sales, especially after that marketing campaign. However if the next video catches on there will be a small spike in sales.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "Jay-Z ties the Rolling Stones for the third-most No. 1s, behind the Beatles with 19 and Elvis Presley with 10."

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    fuck it, new thread

is this or ?

Yo I Got Beats!......you the same guy who bid on that X Rated Adult LP I have up on ebay??

• Hey Georges, A friendly wager perhaps? - Zvi

So after 35 weeks on the charts T.I. is at 1,552,839 scanned. I'll take any bet that Kingdom Come will surpass that in 35 weeks Zvi!

• Yo I Got Beats!......you the same guy who bid on that X Rated Adult LP I have up on ebay??

STOP SNITCHING (unless of course I can buy them now.....)

• Man, that record is well funny. Have you seen the other one I have up as well?

• Hey Georges, A friendly wager perhaps? - Zvi

So after 35 weeks on the charts T.I. is at 1,552,839 scanned. I'll take any bet that Kingdom Come will surpass that in 35 weeks Zvi!

35 weeks out, the winner chooses the loser's avatar for SIX MONTHS!!! I'm thinking up some lovely ones for you as we speak. Agreed?

• 35 weeks out, the winner chooses the loser's avatar for SIX MONTHS!!! I'm thinking up some lovely ones for you as we speak. Agreed?

AGREED!!! Though my avatar game isn't as on point as some of the others....

on another note, do you know any female emcees??? still trying to finish this movie thing I was telling you about.