Countdown to The Wire Season Finale!!!

2»

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Namond's mom is a fucking bitch.

It's his mom, not his dad that he's living in the shadow of. Remember when Bodie told him something like, "Now I know why you are the way you are," after he had to talk to his mom.

Seriously, I never would have thought that I would have said Weebay is the more stable and positive parent in that situation, but I just did.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

It's his mom, not his dad that he's living in the shadow of. Remember when Bodie told him something like, "Now I know why you are the way you are," after he had to talk to his mom.

Seriously, I never would have thought that I would have said Weebay is the more stable and positive parent in that situation, but I just did.

Well, he talks to his kid with some honesty and tries to give him real working knowledge, and his Mom doesn't know that kind of honesty. She is only looking out for her.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

bitch needs to go down.

• Namond's mom is a fucking bitch.

bitch needs to go down.

ewwww. on who?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

bitch needs to go down.

Women like that live forever.

• Seriously, I never would have thought that I would have said Weebay is the more stable and positive parent in that situation, but I just did.

Jail gave him some perspective. I forget how much of this is written in before the last episode so I won't give anything away.

• wire question:
    what happened first in the second to last episode?

herc getting pulled out of the room by the mysterious agents (and him taking the weight for his idiocy)
    or herc asking lester to be allowed to nominally give orders cause he is a sergeant?

also,earlier in the season, who from and what was the message sent to bunk that norris spitefully threw out?

thanks,
    investigation unit

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    wire question:
    what happened first in the second to last episode?

herc getting pulled out of the room by the mysterious agents (and him taking the weight for his idiocy)
    or herc asking lester to be allowed to nominally give orders cause he is a sergeant?

Herc asked Lester to be the man first...

also,earlier in the season, who from and what was the message sent to bunk that norris spitefully threw out?

It was a note that Randy might know something about Lex disappearing. It was from Carver.

• thanks sir!
    keep this thread alive till monday night!!!!!!

LEX LIVES!!!

• reup motherfuckas.
    wheres my truck

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I'm gonna eat a extra large order of yakame with turkey grease in anticipation.

• While we're talking about old Wire seaons can I get a shout out for my man here:

Tried to get out, but it wouldn't let him.

Lick a shot for D'Angelo man. I never forgave Stringer for that, although I did have a twinge of remorse for him when Omar and Brother M finally caught up to him.

I'm bout to blow this thread up now that I'm finally caught up. Watched ep #50 last night.

For now, let me just say this "FUCK YOU AND YOUR PETTY, NON-POLICING ASS, HERC!"

• What did Cheese say, "One of them pulled a gun outta her pussy. Shit was unseemly/unsightly." or something like. Pure comedy.

Cheese has some good little quips this season. SHIT WAS UNSEEMLY. That had me rolling.

Comedy fucking gold it was. Meth delivered it perfectly.

• R.I.P. Preston "Bodie" Broadus

McNulty: "You're a soldier, Bodie" CHILLING.

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    Are they currently in season 4 or 5 please?

Are they currently in season 4 or 5 please?

Season 4 just finished, season 5 should pop up in about 18 months if past HBO performance is any indication.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i cant wait that long

PS--for all of you non-HBO having/non-DVD renting/but otherwise connected to basic cable heads, BET is scheduled to start airing EDITED[/b] episodes from season 1 (and probably eventually season 2). Join the Wire Cabal!

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur30641.cfm

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    PS--for all of you non-HBO having/non-DVD renting/but otherwise connected to basic cable heads, BET is scheduled to start airing EDITED[/b] episodes from season 1 (and probably eventually season 2). Join the Wire Cabal!

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur30641.cfm

I watched part of episode 2 from the first season last night. It appeared they kept everything in, they just blanked out the cuss words, at least for the small portion that I watched.

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    I'm trying to figure out how I have all of season 4 and it's not even over yet?

I have through episode 50. Is there more after that?

• Al, #50 is the last and most current episode of the Wire.

Season 1 1-13
    Season 2 14-25
    Season 3 26-37
    Season 4 38-50

A rare instance of the hype matching the product. The Wire is truly amazing. It shits on almost all current TV. Y'all know how much I love The Sopranos, but it's better than that. The key: it rarely ever dips into soap opera. Full throttle the whole way.