Countdown to The Wire Season Finale!!!

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
for those who didnt download iti personally cannot fucking waitit shall be a very long week!whats gonna happen??no spoilers please!

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    chyeah chyeah chyeah
    everyone participate in the discussion thread after please

• i look forward to sundays.
    i got lost tho....isnt dude with cornrows+ cand seller the snitch ? (kenny)
    why are they going after his man..? (michael)
    i always get the names fukt up.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i look forward to sundays.
    i got lost tho....isnt dude with cornrows+ cand seller the snitch ? (kenny)
    why are they going after his man..? (michael)
    i always get the names fukt up.

they arent going after him. you must of seen the very first seconds of this weeks episode and thats all.

• word??
    without exposing what happens....he did have a gun, and it seemed after the convo that took place w/ marlo and chris..they went after michael, not RANDY ( where did i get kenny from?)

all i know is, i want omar to get marlo. for some reason, i like how omar is so strategic, always shocking mufukas.

poor bubbles, i cant believe the basehead that robs him beat both they asses. i want that dude to get beat.

for those who have yet to see the entire season, what do yall wanna see happen?

• I just watched the on-demand second to last ep.... fuck man. Sherod! Fucked up.

I want Randy to come out alright. I don't want to see Michael go where he's going...

I'm gonna watch Season 2 in the meantime to get my head right.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I think what is happening here is that Raw Hamburger watches episodes on Sundays, whereas Behemoth is one step ahead with On Demand, thus ya'll aren't really on the same page. I didn't dl the season, but I do watch the new eps on demand, and I gotta say that this last one was fucking INTENSE. If you don't have on demand, and you feel sorry for bubbles now, just wait, that's all I gotta say.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I'm gonna watch Season 2 in the meantime to get my head right.

Yeah I'm up to ep 8 or so of season 2. Its kinda funny watching retroactively, 'cause little details start to make sense, like Fuzzy Dunlop, or Omar's get out of jail free card.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Its kinda funny watching retroactively, 'cause little details start to make sense

I need to get on that train... I just started watching this season like many others.

I'm pulling for Randy and Michael too. It would honestly break my heart if anything happened to them. Yes, I take my TV shows very seriously

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I think what is happening here is that Raw Hamburger watches episodes on Sundays, whereas Behemoth is one step ahead with On Demand, thus ya'll aren't really on the same page. I didn't dl the season, but I do watch the new eps on demand, and I gotta say that this last one was fucking INTENSE. If you don't have on demand, and you feel sorry for bubbles now, just wait, that's all I gotta say.

Yes, they took it to another level. I have a growing suspicion that most of the kids are going to turn down the wrong road because of what's happened to them. Michael is already in the game and that training he had at the beginning and his cold hearted beatdowns show what he's become. Randy, with his feelings of betrayal could turn out to be the next Stringer Bell for all I know. Shit is just so fucked up. Namond may be the only one that gets "saved," I'm guessing by Colvin.

PLUS, Omar is THE baddest motherfucker! What did Cheese say, "One of them pulled a gun outta her pussy. Shit was unseemly/unsightly." or something like. Pure comedy.

While we're talking about old Wire seaons can I get a shout out for my man here:

Tried to get out, but it wouldn't let him.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    stringer too

stringer too

I will give a shout out to Stringer, one of THE best gangster characters ever, but was he trying to get out of the game? I thought more along the lines that he was trying to change the game by transforming the drug game into a legit business with the co-op, no more violence, and plowing the profits into legit businesses to increase the wealth.

On one of those pre-season shows on HBO they talked to Ed Burns I think, or the other creator and they said that Stringer and Colvin were set up as parallel characters/story lines during Season 3 on trying to change the drug game. Colvin with his legalization experiment and Stringer with his business reforms. Both failed showing that drugs is what it is and can't be changed.

• stringer too

I will give a shout out to Stringer, one of THE best gangster characters ever, but was he trying to get out of the game? I thought more along the lines that he was trying to change the game by transforming the drug game into a legit business with the co-op, no more violence, and plowing the profits into legit businesses to increase the wealth.

On one of those pre-season shows on HBO they talked to Ed Burns I think, or the other creator and they said that Stringer and Colvin were set up as parallel characters/story lines during Season 3 on trying to change the drug game. Colvin with his legalization experiment and Stringer with his business reforms. Both failed showing that drugs is what it is and can't be changed.

So Stringer has a bigger, better role in seasons 2 and 3? I just finished the first season and about to start the 2nd.

On second thought, I'm sure I'll figure it out myself. NO SPOILERS FOR SHIT THAT ALREADY HAPPENED, PLAESE. Ha ha!

Herm

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    DUDE stop reading this thread at once, hahaha!

• DUDE stop reading this thread at once, hahaha!

Shit.

Later, dudes!!!

Herm

• What did Cheese say, "One of them pulled a gun outta her pussy. Shit was unseemly/unsightly." or something like. Pure comedy.

Cheese has some good little quips this season. SHIT WAS UNSEEMLY. That had me rolling.

What did Cheese say, "One of them pulled a gun outta her pussy. Shit was unseemly/unsightly." or something like. Pure comedy.

Cheese has some good little quips this season. SHIT WAS UNSEEMLY. That had me rolling.

"You guys are all Semper Fi and shit. Where can I sign up?"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    funniest moment of the season had to have been joe calling the police station

• What did Cheese say, "One of them pulled a gun outta her pussy. Shit was unseemly/unsightly." or something like. Pure comedy.

yeah that was hilarious. what did he say..."Omar had a whole gang war full of Mexicans" man, jus the look on his face was enough. Omar is the illest and his boy Raynaldo aint no punk.

The last seen with Randy and Carver was unbelievable. Jesus Christ. Randy is done...he's gonna get hardboiled after this shit. you could already see the looks on his face when his foster mom invited carver in.

And Namon is almost shockingly innocent and childlike, which in a way makes me more sympathetic to him. I dont want to have to look at him through "street" lenses, cause if i did, which is hard not to, he's branded a fuckin gump. the bitchslaps were the straws that broke the camels back. he's done. good for him. what a tortured soul.

bubbs and sherrod. damn damn damn damn. we saw that shit coming as soon as bubbs rested his coat.

man, the shit really really hit the fuckin fan last (ondemand)episode. i dont know how im gonna get to nex monday.

im betting that omar tries trading the truck for marlo's ass.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

PLUS, Omar is THE baddest motherfucker! What did Cheese say, "One of them pulled a gun outta her pussy. Shit was unseemly/unsightly." or something like. Pure comedy.

the thing i like about omar's character is the fact that you know a lot of tough motherhumpers want to like him because he's hard as shit, but the fact that he's gay has'em second guessing.

randy is my motherfucking man though. it's got me wanting to adopt a kid or some shit. dookie is that dude also.

i don't know why it took so long to hit me, but what rank is lester and bunk? for herc to be a sgt and outrank lester and possibly bunk....wtf? herc is turning out to be a sucker bitch.

best tv show ever...period, exclamation, point, quotation, comma.

• i don't know why it took so long to hit me, but what rank is lester and bunk? for herc to be a sgt and outrank lester and possibly bunk....wtf? herc is turning out to be a sucker bitch.
    yeah, all cause he caught royce getting schlobbed. herc is a fuckin ass. when he asked Lester if he could nominally giver orders, i was praying for Michael to come down from the heavens and bitch slap his ass too.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    shit w/ Randy at the hospital almost had me crying last night, fucking sad, dude and now I'm worried about next week.

<<<<<<< Hope my boy turns out all right.

THIS SHOW RULES MY WORLD.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    herc is a fuckin ass. when he asked Lester if he could nominally giver orders, i was praying for Michael to come down from the heavens and bitch slap his ass too.

yes! weakest shit ever.

the funniest shit from last nights episode is where bunk is the abandoned house after he loses the bet and he drunkenly tells lester "i don't want to open my wallet and pay you here in the dark. they need to put braille on the money so i don't fuck around and give you a $25 bill."

bunk's drunken moments are fiiiiiiiiiiyah! the scene from last season where he wakes up in the bath tub at mcnulty's is dope!!!!!

• f'real. the bunk is the best...even sober. "smell my cologne? aaaaaaaahhh....pussy!"

whatsup with lil gangsta kenard?? poppin off real smart to namond didnt seem like the best move, but i guess he figured na wasnt gonna do anything anyway.

mike: "yall were talking to much"

• Trying to get some of that pussae.

• And Namon is almost shockingly innocent and childlike, which in a way makes me more sympathetic to him. I dont want to have to look at him through "street" lenses, cause if i did, which is hard not to, he's branded a fuckin gump. the bitchslaps were the straws that broke the camels back. he's done. good for him. what a tortured soul.

namon is the biggest mystery as far as the season finale goes. he can't go back to being who he was but can he go back to school, as the new Namon, as if nothing has changed?

assuming he doesnt get adopted, i would think that his only way back is to do somethiing dramatic like kill someone. if that is part of the plot than i would guess that it backfires and he ends up getting killed in the last episode. the whole gym saw him get slapped and start crying. that can't be a good thing.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Skimming these posts peeking through my fingers, I can't figure out if you guys are talking about stuff I have yet to see, or nuances I didn't pick up on, so I will tip on out of this thread...

• Namond will never be that hard street cat. He'll always be compared to Weebay and that's a true gangsta. He'll never live up to him. I'm thinking Weebay had to fight with Avon and Stringer to come up. Namond's been living off what they built. The hunger just isn't there like it must have been with Weebay.

That being said, he seemed like the real deal, especially with the whole "Hey Mr. Colvin. FUCK YOU!"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Namond's mom is a fucking bitch.

Namond's mom is a fucking bitch.

It's his mom, not his dad that he's living in the shadow of. Remember when Bodie told him something like, "Now I know why you are the way you are," after he had to talk to his mom.