"CHARLIE MURPHY!!!"

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
How many folls got the Chappelle 2nd season DVD? I know it's been mentioned already in another thread, but isn't Charlie Murphy the funniest dude on earth right now? (yes, he is because I say he is; do not debate me on this. ) That shizz where he's talking about stompin' Darryl Stingley's mouth is PRICELESS. The funniest thing about it is dude is DEAD SERIOUS when he's talking about f**kin' somebody up, like you know that he means that sh*t!If you're a Chappelle fan and haven't gotten the new DVD yet, you need to do so. The Charlie Murphy stories make it worth the cost just by themselves IMO.

Comments

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    i hear has an amazing story about Stevie Wonder.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    How many folls got the Chappelle 2nd season DVD? I know it's been mentioned already in another thread, but isn't Charlie Murphy the funniest dude on earth right now? (yes, he is because I say he is; do not debate me on this. ) That shizz where he's talking about stompin' Darryl Stingley's mouth is PRICELESS. The funniest thing about it is dude is DEAD SERIOUS when he's talking about f**kin' somebody up, like you know that he means that sh*t!
    If you're a Chappelle fan and haven't gotten the new DVD yet, you need to do so. The Charlie Murphy stories make it worth the cost just by themselves IMO.
    true indeed, phil. The funniest story, IMO, is the one about "Darrel"...I WANT MOOOOREEEE!!!!

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    i was thinking about him looking at your avatar.

what make that rick james skit from the bar IMO is the look on CM's face when he gets slapped.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    "darkness is spreading"

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    Yeah that part about him putting hands on Stingley is crazy. I thought the full Rick James interview was funny too. He was really clowning on Prince. Didn't know about that rivalry.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Man, Charlie Murphy is HOOKED-UP funny! I'm pretty surprised he hasn't had a bigger stage before Chappelle to perform on. When Dave played Atlantic City a few months ago, CM had his own gig a little earlier in the evening not too far away in PA. I wonder what that would have been like.

Favorite CM Role: Tyree in the Real World sketch, KILLAH!!

*Note to self - Get Season 2 off of the floor and into the DVD player!

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Yeah who exactly is Darryl Singley? Isn't that a changed name? Its a dude that used to work security for Eddie Murphy along with Charlie right? I love that shit at the end, with that boxer that comes in and is like "That guy's face made my face feel betta yo..."

Yeah who exactly is Darryl Singley? Isn't that a changed name? Its a dude that used to work security for Eddie Murphy along with Charlie right? I love that shit at the end, with that boxer that comes in and is like "That guy's face made my face feel betta yo..."
    nah, the Darryl Singley (or is it Stingley?) that Phil is referring to is the ex-New England receiver who was paralyzed from a hit by Jack Tatum (hall-of-fame safety/fmr Oakland Raider). The "Darrel" I'm talking bout is the one your talking bout.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Favorite CM Role: MC Gusto in CB4[/b]

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Yeah Phil who exactly are you talking about 'cause in that sketch dude he's talking about name is changed, its bleeped out and "Darryl" is a fake name,

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The funniest thing about it is dude is DEAD SERIOUS when he's talking about f**kin' somebody up, like you know that he means that sh*t!

• Yea, you know Eddie, Charlie and them were WILDING THE FUCK OUT back in the hey day. There should just be a Doc or something with CM telling stories. That would be blaze. It makes it even hotter on Chappelle with the skits to accompany the tale.

I need to pick Season 2 up ASAP!!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Yeah Phil who exactly are you talking about 'cause in that sketch dude he's talking about name is changed, its bleeped out and "Darryl" is a fake name,

nah, the Darryl Singley (or is it Stingley?) that Phil is referring to is the ex-New England receiver who was paralyzed from a hit by Jack Tatum (hall-of-fame safety/fmr Oakland Raider). The "Darrel" I'm talking bout is the one your talking bout.

BTW, Jack Tatum ain't a hall of famer. Maybe the hall of fame for NFL's baddest MFers, but that's about it.

And another BTW, I'm pretty sure the dude who's name he changed to "Darrel" was Eddie's boy Cliff. Short, light skinneded dude. He used to be seen with Eddie all the time early in his career, even showed up in some of his SNL skits and some of his movies too if I'm not mistaken. The last movie I think I remember seeing him in was "Coming To America"... I believe he was in the barbershop scene.

• How many folls got the Chappelle 2nd season DVD? I know it's been mentioned already in another thread, but isn't Charlie Murphy the funniest dude on earth right now? (yes, he is because I say he is; do not debate me on this. ) That shizz where he's talking about stompin' Darryl Stingley's mouth is PRICELESS. The funniest thing about it is dude is DEAD SERIOUS when he's talking about f**kin' somebody up, like you know that he means that sh*t!
    If you're a Chappelle fan and haven't gotten the new DVD yet, you need to do so. The Charlie Murphy stories make it worth the cost just by themselves IMO.

jeah!

my fuggin ps2 is now officially broken. "disc read errors" all day...i neeeed to watch this shit!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo Phill,

Charlie Murphy was also funny in that puppet skit about VD, as that dude in the trash can dissin' work and talking about slappin' his monkey.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yo Phill,

Charlie Murphy was also funny in that puppet skit about VD, as that dude in the trash can dissin' work and talking about slappin' his monkey.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    "I'll beat my [email]d@ck[/email] like it owes me money!" Classic.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    my wife and me almost DIED trying to get through the fuckin blooper reels on season 2 last night.

i hadda turn it off after the extended Dylan from the Makin The Band Freestyle sessions.

i was in tooooooo much pain from laughing.

but yeah charlie murphie is the man...

my wife and me almost DIED trying to get through the fuckin blooper reels on season 2 last night.

i hadda turn it off after the extended Dylan from the Makin The Band Freestyle sessions.

i was in tooooooo much pain from laughing.

but yeah charlie murphie is the man...

yeah man...i spit hot fiyahh!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    my dad used to work the movies out here in the bay. driving truck, driving the actors/actresses/directors, etc.

anyway, when eddie was doing BHC3 they filmed that out at Great America in Santa Clara. eddie was a real dick. one night he wanted his gym equipment set up so his security went and told the head dude. told him which room he wanted it in and how it should be set up. so the teamsters (my dad and crew) went and put it together for him at like 11pm or maybe a little later than that even.

after about an hour and half or so of rearranging a room and setting up the equipment they broke out to have lunch (they were doing night shots so lunch was set up in the AM). they got called back because the equipment wasnt set up how eddie liked it. (know that its not a good thing to keep a dozen teamsters hungry and irritated) so they went back and rearranged it with directions of where everything should be.

while walking back to the lunch truck (and their now cold food) his security yells out all these profanities at the crew. talking about how they fucked the shit up again and that eddie now wants everything moved to another room, and how theyre all going to get fired for fucking up, etc.

anyway long story but eddies security got knocked the fuck out by a dozen teamsters with a dozen more standing around them waiting their turn...

eddie got new security during that movie and there wasnt another problem after that.

eddies not well liked nor is his security out here in the bay...

i guess this is more of an eddie murphy story but i figured it all related.