Racist Kramer pt. 2

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Michael Richards in Black face with an afro wig. This is from some 1986 movie titled "Whoops Apocalypse."

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    This was in the other thread.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    the phrase "Whoops Apocolypse" somehow seems fitting for this whole thing...

I heard clipse of him on jesse jackson's radio show. he's a nut. Then I heard Jesse saying that people should boycott the newest season of seinfeld DVD. corny. people that like seinfeld are going to watch that shit either way. Then paul mooney said something about how he's going to stop saying nigga, and that up until now he said nigga 100 times every morning to make his teeth whiter. the radio bitch was like "is that supposed to be funny?" In the mean time I was cracking up, because that IS funny. Paul Mooney is so goddam funny.

KKKramer. Oh boy. He's sooooooo sorry right now. boooo-hoooooooo..... i wonder if he's sorry enough to donate some of that sienfeld money to the UNCF, or programs that help inner city children, or something. yeah, probably not THAT sorry....

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Sorry mayne. I did not have time to read through all of that and I just saw this.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Wasn't an attack just thought you'd like to be warned.

Paul Mooney was interviewed by Greta Van Sustren about this, he was hilarious

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

Sorry mayne. I did not have time to read through all of that and I just saw this.

Chan, way back at the front of that first "Racist Kramer" thread, Paul Nice said something about your "Beastie Boys at the Apollo" story. Care to share?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Chan, way back at the front of that first "Racist Kramer" thread, Paul Nice said something about your "Beastie Boys at the Apollo" story. Care to share?

All right. I found the story. This is from Spin magazine 1998. Doctor Dre (original Concept) is telling the story.

Doctor Dre: I was onstage at the famous we-almost got-killed concert at the Apollo Theater, opening for Run-D.M.C. Everybody was like, "Look, whatever you do, don't say 'nigger'"-because it was part of what we did, before a lot of people were doing that in hip-hop. They didn't mean it in a negative way, they meant it as something warm and generous to their audience. But Russell grabs me and says, "Don't let 'em do it." And I'm like, "What am I gonna do? I'm in the back DJing." So they're out there doing "She's On it," and Ad-Rock says, "All you niggers, wave your hands in the air!" I've never seen so many blank stares! Mike looks back like he doesnt know what to do, but Yauch was like, I'm out of here! And Ad-Rock's going "Come on y'all, come on y'all," and nobody's waving back. They finished the song, dropped the mics, and ran off the stage. I'm still out there, and everybody's kind of looking at me. I run upstairs to the dressing rooms, and everything's gone. They werent even on the tour bus. They all jumped in a cab and went home.

• what i found so disturbing about the kramer thing is that in the clip from the laugh factory where he drops n-bombs like what...the audience is still laughing at that for a pretty long time before they realize it's "inappropriate." what the fuck is up with that?

• So they're out there doing "She's On it," and Ad-Rock says, "All you niggers, wave your hands in the air!"

completely different. the beasties were trying to be progressive, but learned the hard way that there are some lines you don't cross (at least not yet...and certainly not in 1988). anyway, i don't see how you can compare this to Kramer.

• Paul Mooney was interviewed by Greta Van Sustren about this, he was hilarious

• From imdb.com:

"Comedy Club Bosses Demand Richards Pay Up

Bosses at the Los Angeles comedy club where former Seinfeld star Michael Richards shocked fans with a racist rant have demanded the comedian pay $1 million to charity for every one of the 'N' words he used on stage. Richards has been banned from The Laugh Factory for repeatedly calling two African-American hecklers "n**gers" during a foul-mouthed rant onstage there earlier this month. The comedy club bosses now want him to pay for his ill-advised remarks. The comedian has publicly apologized for his comments and appeared on African-American civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson's radio show Keep Hope Alive on Sunday in an effort to make amends. But, according to TV news show The Insider, The Laugh Factory owners, who have now banned the 'N' word from the venue, want Richards to pay $6 million to charity for the six derogatory words he used on their stage. Richards, who claims to be seeing a psychiatrist in an effort to control his rage problems, is hoping to meet with the two African-Americans he racially abused from The Laugh Factory stage."

Sure, $6 million to charity would be cool, but what would it prove? "Thanks for all your Seinfeld money, Kramer-- you're not a racist any more."

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Regardless of the racial issues here, I've learned that MIchael Richards is kind of a pathetic schmuck. These awkward and pitiful public apologies have made him look like a fool. Additionally, his career was done before this incident even occurred. His NBC show was DOA back in 2000, and his career was on life-support when this happened.

He made an ass of himself, so he should just bounce and lay low for the rest of his life. Dude should've never been doing his bush league stand-up bit in the first place, he should've been spending his winter somewhere on a beach in the Southern Hemisphere.

• "the apollo is more white than you are right now, sweetheart!"

haha

• mooney!

• check out www.nationallampoon.com

they did a seinfeld lost episode that is

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm glad the peole on soulstrut finally chimed in on this Kramer situation. I was beginning to think that this whole thing would fly under the radar.

still waiting for someone to do a post about the war in Iraq

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• Mooney. Ridiculously good.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    I'm glad the peole on soulstrut finally chimed in on this Kramer situation. I was beginning to think that this whole thing would fly under the radar.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Paul Mooney is a fucking genius.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Paul Mooney is a fucking genius.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    This is not directed to anyone in particular, but...When will people stop calling him "Kramer"? What's even more pathetic than people dragging this thing on and on is those who can't separate the man from the character actor. OK, OK he's an evil Nazi KKK supporting racist facist asshole and all of us white dudes who listen to black music and watch movies and television shows made by black people, henseforth making us in touch with the "black experience", make us better than him because Lord knows no one else on the face of the earth has ever had a bigoted thought, let alone said it out loud in a moment of insane rage.

I like calling him Kramer, because I know he hates it.

Just like pronouncing Guzzo like its spelled instead of Goo-zoh, like he says it. I know it drives him nuts, but, learn to spell, dude.

I used to hate when people said "nikes" like its spelled instead of "nikees". Now it doesn't really bother me, but when I was a kid it would confuse me, and that would piss me off.

Somtimes I call you 'trode. I don't think thats bad though, really.

• I'm glad the peole on soulstrut finally chimed in on this Kramer situation. I was beginning to think that this whole thing would fly under the radar.

I'm glad you were able to resist posting from the lofty heights of your high horse several times in the original "Kramer" thread, and also able to resist starting a second thread on the same topic (or is Dabney_Soulman someone else?).

Now, where's your thread on Iraq?

I'm glad you were able to resist posting from the lofty heights of your high horse several times in the original "Kramer" thread, and also able to resist starting a second thread on the same topic (or is Dabney_Soulman someone else?).

Now, where's your thread on Iraq?

next to the WMDs! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

damn, I really should be doing real work right now

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    do you guys really need to go through this all over again, and say the same damn things? what more is there to discuss. richards is a racist. he made the mistake of pretending to be a comedian got heckled and flipped his lid, which within contained some deep dark shit.
    where else can it go?
    email him your thoughts. go protest outside of the club where it happened.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    hey hoggboy,

been nearly a week since your last "whats guzzo been up to" update.

I think my questioning of why people were going so batshit in the Kramer thread isn't exactly being high horse but I like it when you set the rules to the game (after the last 3 or 4 posts like this I learned you're not stalking me).

In that separate thread I asked the question of why people were as outraged as they were. I found it interesting that people said it was the most apprehensible thing they'd ever witnessed and calling for physical violence. I doubted that many of the people that posted had never heard a racist tirade before; surely there must be something particular about this tirade that left everyone in such dramatic judgment.

I found that no one wanted to answer so I left it alone and let go.

can you do the same?

go protest outside of the club where it happened.

hell no. do you know how black people might be there?!?

wawww wawww wawwwwwwoingoingoing!

Here's a thanksgiving joke that I heard. Its not as funny as paul mooney, but here goes:

What did the cannibal get when he showed up late for thanksgiving?

The cold shoulder.

boooooooooooooo.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    the most apprehensible thing they'd ever witnessed

• that's...uh, reprehensible, right?