PDX Night Owls: I'm coming to shake your hands.

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
My annual Portland trip will commence late this year: Christmas/New Year's week, 12/25-31. I'd like to see Mr. Jump Jump again, as well as meet fellows like Wu for the first time. Holiday nonwithstanding, I'd like to get out. Let me know what's good in your neighborhood.Here's a picture:

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'm here in Portland for a week starting today. I'd love to see some of you guys again and meet the other Strutters I missed the last time through. PM or reply, please.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    You should come by XV on NYE if only for a minute. Mr. Jeigh aka RubbishVisual will be spinning all night and I will be behind the bar. Come by and introduce yourself and I will buy you a drink of your choice!

He is starting at 9pm and the bar is centrally located downtown. 15 SW 2nd. There is a Hip Hop show at the venue next door with the Lifesavas and I excpect things will be rather crazy around there.

If your out diggin' downtown on friday afternoon you can stop by XV during Happy Hour ( 4-7) and I can buy you that drink then too. Bring some friends and come on down!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Thanks for the responses, folks. Not sure if NYE will work out since I'm actually leaving that night (my math was off), but I'll see if I can stop by sooner (I'm in NW Portland w/ no car). I'll make some calls tomorrow. (Mr. Wolf, where you at?)

A: If by "drink of your choice," you mean a virgin OJ, then I'm there on Friday.(!)

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Bring raer northern soul 45's traders up to Seattle plaese..

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Yes of course, I make a killer virgin emergency spiked oj drink thats super yummy...not to mention we have really good food too. Stop by, I'm working tonight too if your in the hood.

Usually last wed. is reserved for my full lengths and Bsides night which involves me bartending and Djing at the same time. I bring my numark and plug it in behind the bar and play my favorite records all the way through...but its supposed to be a little busy tonight so I didnt think I could swing it...but we do have a Dj and Ive requested he bring as much James Brown related material as possible. Either way, hope you get a chance to stop by at your convience. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

• I was going to S.F for New Years; but my friend just broke his leg and is not driving down there now. I'm wondering what is going on locally in the Oregon N.W. What's Good Portland, help me out. I'm leaning towards Hot Toddies at a beach house unless there is something worthwhile in the city.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Just got back from Lincoln City, 4 days of nothing but reading back issues of Waxpoetics and watching the waves. Tomorrows not so good, but give me a call and we will hook up Friday if you got time.

Alice, I never go out, but I might try to make it downtown NYE and see you and J and the lifesavsas.

Night Owl Record Show is April 14th, so everyone plan on coming out to Portland. I'm telling you there are not many ballers in Portland so heat goes unbought every show.

Dan

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Thanks, everyone, for the responses; I had a good trip. Jason, it was good to meet up with you and dig around. I apologize for making you wait on me - I take far too long to investigate sometimes. Alice, I'm sorry that I couldn't stop by yesterday - family scheduling is not fully mappable, and I trust that you didn't take offense. Dan - sorry about the late response, but it was good to speak to you again.

Hope to see you guys soon. Look me up when you swing by Chicago.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Thanks, everyone, for the responses; I had a good trip. Jason, it was good to meet up with you and dig around. I apologize for making you wait on me - I take far too long to investigate sometimes. Alice, I'm sorry that I couldn't stop by yesterday - family scheduling is not fully mappable, and I trust that you didn't take offense. Dan - sorry about the late response, but it was good to speak to you again.

Hope to see you guys soon. Look me up when you swing by Chicago.

it's all gravy. your peter, paul and mary 45 is on hold.