E Bayers w/ private feedback???

El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Whats the deal with buyers with private feedback?? Is this a potentially(sp?) bad thing???

Comments

• If you are the seller you can usually see how many negatives and positives they have and thus being able to tell if they suck or not.

It's more to hide what items they are buying rather than their payment habits. A lot of modern/soul and boogie dudes do this to keep people from buying the same shit as them or dealers from using their recent purchases as pricing guides.

I HEARD (which means it could be a total lie) that the "private" option was originally intended so that people in Europe could buy banned or quasi-legal items like Nazi paraphenalia. This could be pure bullshit though.

Peace,
    SONIC

• I think the "PRIVATE FEEDBACK" option is required by German law, it is something akin to the "DATA PROTECTION" act in the UK.

• I think the "PRIVATE FEEDBACK" option is required by German law, it is something akin to the "DATA PROTECTION" act in the UK.

Sounds more reasonable.

• tjamestjames 156 Posts

I know a few sellers who keep their purchases private so you can't see what they paid for an item.

tjames

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    I think the "PRIVATE FEEDBACK" option is required by German law, it is something akin to the "DATA PROTECTION" act in the UK.

Sounds more reasonable.

That's the reason.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    If you are the seller you can usually see how many negatives and positives they have and thus being able to tell if they suck or not.

It's more to hide what items they are buying rather than their payment habits. A lot of modern/soul and boogie dudes do this to keep people from buying the same shit as them or dealers from using their recent purchases as pricing guides.

Peace,
    SONIC

Oh OK because i could see the pos vs. neg.....cat had no neg out of over 200.....and he dropped some nice cash as well as a list of more 45's he was looking for.....Thanks for the info