Jonestown doc?

2»

Comments

• According to imdb it's Billy: Portrait of a Street Kid. I never saw that one, but it sounds like it belongs in the LB pantheon.

One of these TV Land-type stations really need to do a retrospective of all those crazy, melodramatic, made-for-TV "Portrait" movies.
    Let's see, you got "Portrait" of a Teenage Runaway, Teenage Alcoholic, Shoplifter, Centerfold, Prostitute, on and on and on.
    I'm serious. That would make for one great marathon.
    Shit, you got the Brady kids in half of 'em to boot.

Haven't checked, but I'm sure a bunch, if not all of them, are available through this guy's website.
    This guy has EVERYTHING.
    At least related to rare 70's tv movies, etc.
    He's even got that 80 Blocks From Tiffanys that a bunch of you cats were yapping about before.

check this site...

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Basically just a loose and lo-fi Earth, Wind & Fire cover done in a disco-funk style.

I like lo-fi...

• RafaRafa 25 Posts

jim jones has been linked to the CIA and the MKULTRA program.
    this has been documented
    coincidently jim jones was aquainted with the guy who killed john lennon [hinkley]
    and that has also been documented
    there was a US senator that was investigating jim jones and his compound in guyanaa
    as well as the CIA connection and he got shot while he was down there- i think on the runway just as his plane flew in'
    whooops
    there are loads of conspiracy /investigations focused on this neat little ingenious
    use of Kool Aid.

Mark David Chapman killed Lennon. Hinkley shot Reagan.
    And there was no "acquaintance" with either.
    (Although there was a connection via World Vision, which is strange, but that's about it)
    The congressman that was killed on the runway was one Leo J. Ryan from San Francisco, who went down at the behest of some frantic relatives trying to get their loved ones back from Jonestown.
    His trip had nothing to do with investigating Jones links to the CIA.
    Btw, there's loads of stuff that's been documented on the origins of hip hop too.
    A lot of it is bullshit.

Here is some interesting read about all this

http://jonestown.sdsu.edu/AboutJonestown/Articles/hougan-lobster.htm

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

I have no idea how much of the stuff in that article is true, but it was a fascinating read for sure. More like a really good short spy thriller than anything else.

Personally I can't listen to the tape. I have a few records that have sampled it and just listening to those is enough to un-nerve me if i'm in the wrong frame of mind. I wonder if the real truth of what happened in Jonestown will ever actually be known.

• Holy fuck that tape is freaky!

On a slightly different note, does anyone remember the name of the Waco documentary? I remember seeing it years ago and it was amazing.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Yo, my girl produced this Jim Jones documentary- glad people are feeling it, I need to see it soon.

Any chance she can post up the footage of that concert in its complete form? Inquiring minds are dying to know.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I will holler at her.

• "and that has also been documented"[/b]