Zizou-The Movie??? - NRR

jleejlee 1,539 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
say what????A movie about Zenidine Zidane????I know Mogwai is doing the sdtrk, but i heard the movie is just him being filmed at a match...but the cameras are only on him....the whole time?anyone know anymore information?trailer

Comments

• the_jthe_j 49 Posts
    Go see it!

Saw it when it was screening here in Dublin. Apparently it is about 17 camers follow him during one La Liga game.

There is no doubt,it is nothing like watching an actual game, but is a damn good watch. This might sound a little weird, but I said to my buddy after seeing it that it was almost like watching a wildlfie documentary. When you see it that will make sense. I might be biast as in my book Zidane is an absolute football genius and the game misses him.

Mogwai's soundtrack is also incredible and adds something to the whole thing. The very minimal bits of zidane talking over the pictures have some choice quotes too.

A buddy of mine is a lecturer in film and gave me a copy of similar documentary done on George Best made in the 70s (with no music). I can't wait to watch it.