Can someone plaese explain to me Stevie Ray Vaughn

2»

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Just ask the Pool Cleaners and Roofers that worship Stevie Ray what they think

I was a pool cleaner and I think he sucks AND liked other people you listed you soft batch. I would be out cleaning and roofers would be listening to The Meters

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    why is everyone going on about how 'technically skilled' SRV was?

the dude made doofy solo faces & played some blues.

so he could shred live, most bar-band geetar-ists can.

big fuckin deal.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I think the problem with SRV is that there have been so many imitations and lesser musicians who ripped-off of his style in the last 20 years that it's impossible to hear how different he sounded when those first couple of records came out. But he really was a breath of fresh air in 1983, that's the reason that every hack with a strat and a cowboy hat bit his style so hard. Besides that, regardless of what people think now, to the OG's of electric blues he was 100% the real deal, and that's an endorsement I doubt John Mayer or whoever else would get from say, Albert King.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Just ask the Pool Cleaners and Roofers that worship Stevie Ray what they think

I was a pool cleaner and I think he sucks AND liked other people you listed you soft batch. I would be out cleaning and roofers would be listening to The Meters

I used to work in the "maintenance industry" myself (unbelievable, I know). So, I'm allowed to say bad things about my former couleages and their bad taste.