Family Ish - Opinions

HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Okay, hypothetical situation; say you have a close relative that's playing in a sporting event, like the Super Bowl, World Series, Etc... Now, on the night of the game your sister invites everyone out to a restaurant to celebrate your brother-in-law's birthday & the restaurant doesn't even have a TV! What do you do? Do you go to the dinner? Can you stay home & watch the game? Was your sister wack cause she planned a dinner on such a big night? Does one event take priority over the other? I say that your sister has to be a jerk for pulling a stunt like this. Any opinions?peaceh

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    If he was a real close relative you'd be at the Super Bowl.

And the party should be rescheduled or go on w/o you.

• Birthdays are every year. Brother may never be in the Superbowl again. Plus, she would be an ass to be scheduling any parties during any Superbowl.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    If he was a real close relative you'd be at the Super Bowl.

I would if I could have; work obligations & $$$ kept me from going. The team owners fly out parents & pay for them, but only parents. Maybe next year.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    She doesn't even care for your brother-in-law's birthday party, she just want to be the center of attention. She is egocentric. She can't even deal with another member of the family sucess. She deserves an empty party. She's a horrible individual.

• She doesn't even care for your brother-in-law's birthday party, she just want to be the center of attention. She is egocentric. She can't even deal with another member of the family sucess. She deserves an empty party. She's a horrible individual.

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    Shall we assume this is the Grey Cup you are referring to?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Which sporting event are you talking about?

• Stay home and watch the game or you're soft.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Make a showing at the party and then go to the bar down the street.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Which sporting event are you talking about?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hi,

It was the Grey Cup, which is the CFL championship. I made a brief showing & then went home to watch the game. My cousin was playing in the game; his brother & sister couldn't make the trip, so I had them over & we watched together. I'm kinda dissapointed with my sister - Sunday wasn't even my brother-in-law's birthday. It was a few days before. She could have had the party at any other time Booo. She jinxed 'em!

Peace

h

• Hi,

It was the Grey Cup, which is the CFL championship. I made a brief showing & then went home to watch the game. My cousin was playing in the game; his brother & sister couldn't make the trip, so I had them over & we watched together. I'm kinda dissapointed with my sister - Sunday wasn't even my brother-in-law's birthday. It was a few days before. She could have had the party at any other time Booo. She jinxed 'em!

Peace

h

I'd get her some coal for her xmas stocking...haha

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

go to the game, if you really enjoy watching that sport.

and ask your brother-in-law and your sister out to dinner another night and tell them what happened.

(BUT if you only want to go support your relative, then you should go to the dinner and tell your relative why you missed his game)

your family or your relatives should accept and respect who you really are