Are Most Stones Throw 12"s Reissued Yet?

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
can i still go on lets say San#%#ox and get an OG Quasi 12"??? just curious

Comments

• can i still go on lets say San#%#ox and get an OG Quasi 12"??? just curious

nah - they'll probably only have the plain sleeve fat beats reissues... the o.g. pressings were distro'd by Nu Gruv with the cool cover art (nu gruv went bust).

• I'm afraid you're gonna have to go out in the field and hope you strike upon some much sought after "Stones Throw deadstock gold"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    These are the questions that keep me awake at night...

Will I ever be able to complete my collection with all 346 Stonesthrow releases?

Conversely, will the value of those releases I already have plummet when they are reissued?

It is not easy on the mental to be a Stonesthrow collectro.

• years ago I had this crazy idea of buying every stones throw release, until Madlibs weed carriers and other garb started dropping... great label though, i did just pick up the new Percee joint - dope cut chemist remix on there!

• i almost got a COMPLETE sth catalogue, with all OGs & reissues, i dont got so many now again & soul cal hings thou. but i got almost ALL the hiphop shit, and i got ALL the 45s

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    i almost got a COMPLETE sth catalogue, with all OGs & reissues, i dont got so many now again & soul cal hings thou. but i got almost ALL the hiphop shit, and i got ALL the 45s

How many records is that? Just curious.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i was just asking because theres a few older Quas 12"s i am missing. and i want the original artwork. watch out or youll all suffer the fate of Lil Kevin

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    i almost got a COMPLETE sth catalogue, with all OGs & reissues, i dont got so many now again & soul cal hings thou. but i got almost ALL the hiphop shit, and i got ALL the 45s

How many records is that? Just curious.

Thats a good question. I'd also be curious to know if you have any of the Test Pressings and all the promo's too? I have the Persevere - Oblivion 12" test pressing still I think, got rid of the rasco TP a while back though.

• its sad to say, but i dont got al lthe promos, i got 5 copies of the heartbeat whitelabel thou, haha.. and one 45 rpm bootleg piece of shit.
    i got all the whitelabels, but not all the promo 12 inches with bonus tracks.
    i got 6-7 crates packed with stones throw shit, also things on other labels and stuff, by stones throw artist, i dont collect rasco & planet asia and stuff, im more into the oxnard click, ohno, kankick, madlib, gods gift, dj romes, vega, ++

• roistoroisto 879 Posts