The Modern Soul Recommendation List

13»

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    guzzo...these are some records that may be missing in your life, I can listen to anyone of these all the way through
    hired help band -s/t
    info please, I'm not familar with this one

gene van buren - whats your pleasure (hope you picked up a copy of this by now cause i'm down to only 8)

bastard! I must jave been with you at least 3 times when you've pulled a copy out. to this day I've yet to come across a copy for myself

• guzzo...these are some records that may be missing in your life, I can listen to anyone of these all the way through
    hired help band -s/t
    info please, I'm not familar with this one

gene van buren - whats your pleasure (hope you picked up a copy of this by now cause i'm down to only 8)

bastard! I must jave been with you at least 3 times when you've pulled a copy out. to this day I've yet to come across a copy for myself

hired help band is a german group that released s/t lp in 80 or 81. all songs are en englias of course...a couple nice ballads, the rest are up tempo steppers and up tempo dance numbers...heavy on the bass...no syth and the drums are played by an actual drummer so it's more in the "modern soul" sound than it is "boogie". It took me a while to get a copy, it's still fairly "under the radar" and can be had for cheap.

• one tracker that costs way to much money!

nice record but a lil' pricey

same as above

spiv...hope all is well man !
    the fathers children has eluded me since day 1, any chance somebody can post an mp3 of the best track?

forgot the name of it, i remember the lp being a bit of a 1 tracker tho.

also...guzzo i read that you are no into 45s..me either, i got bad news for you though...most of the ill unknown shit, is on 45. when you exhaust lps/ 12"s i guess this is where you finally end up.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    also...guzzo i read that you are no into 45s..me either, i got bad news for you though...most of the ill unknown shit, is on 45. when you exhaust lps/ 12"s i guess this is where you finally end up.

don't I know it, eventually I'll probably find myself with shoebox upon shoebox of jheri curl musical niceness but, til then, I'm going to keep searching for intimidating album covers filled with awkward hairstyles and dress fashions

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    bump

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Supergood said:
    I'm always on the look out for moder soul recommendations. I don't care if its dollarbin common or thousanddollargrailraer I'm all about hearing some shit thats beautiful and new to my ears
    RAER!

Lately, I've been enjoying these:

I think you're familiar with some, if not all, of these, though...

SG
    Unearthing this thread after getting this album the other day.  I never knew it existed!  Holy shit... it is fire!  The synth grooves are on point and lead singer has a strong Luther vibe.

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 219 Posts
    Sounds like a cross between The Dazz Band and Rick James.

Takes me back to Crawdaddy's circa 1985(?)...

GJ