Peace, Love and GAP

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I know it's sorta beyond cliche at this point to clown Common, but this TV commercial is a new non-good-look level IMO.

Comments

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    mufuckah looking like he aint eat in weeks so maybe he really needed the money?

• I know it's sorta beyond cliche at this point to clown Common, but this TV commercial is a new non-good-look level IMO.

Common&GAP vs LyricsBorn&7Up(Sprite/MtnDew??)

which is a better look?

my vote goes to LB, not only cause he's Bay, butt he didnt have to appear in said ad to cash in.everyone's got rent to pay and mouths to feed.

= ?

• I have no problem with LB getting his. That's called LICENSING and is the ONLY way a lot of these uderground folls are ever going to get paid. He simply licensed the joint to the commercial; he did not appear in the add (as if Sprite was really trying to get him to appear in the ad).

But Common has basically agreed to become the Gap mascot for this season. NAGL.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The gap makes pretty nice clothes.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    80% of my clothes are from the GAP (I don't buy T's there).

Lisencing tracks to film/television is one of the best ways to get paid these days, I can't hate on that, even Daft Punk did a GAP ad. The price is right batches.

Common is the epitomy of anyways.

• I know it's sorta beyond cliche at this point to clown Common, but this TV commercial is a new non-good-look level IMO.

I'd have to agree. I just caught the ad today.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i thought it was hillarious.

• I thought it was a great look for Gap
    and a terrible look for Common.

• 313313 21 Posts
    i saw it the other night....him all danceing on a gold peace sign...

This doesn't bother me as much as when common and mya butchered "Compared to What" for that coke add. At least this commercial is funny.

This doesn't bother me as much as when common and mya butchered "Compared to What" for that coke add. At least this commercial is funny.

oh good lord that was terrible.