Who here has heard the new Z-Ro album?

2»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Dude, you sound like a 14 year old who listens to The Cure.

Yet I'm able to go over to a coworker's desk this morning, someone who I suspected also listens to Z-Ro, and have her immediately agree 110% with just how emotionally effective I'm Still Livin' is for those who are open to such harsh realities...to the point that she cited her friend just the other day trying to seriously convince her that they need to go to Beaumont to visit Ro in prison, not because they are in love with him in a typically psycophantic manner, but because the dude has most definitely surpassed even 2Pac when it comes hitting the nail on the head.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Yet I'm able to go over to a coworker's desk this morning, someone who I suspected also listens to Z-Ro...

Shied's like the new kid at school, sizing up his classmates to get an idea of who does and doesn't listen to "cool" music.

Yet I'm able to go over to a coworker's desk this morning, someone who I suspected also listens to Z-Ro...

Shied's like the new kid at school, sizing up his classmates to get an idea of who does and doesn't listen to "cool" music.

faux is like a wounded demon projecting his sour sense of disconnectedness upon all of those who are actually in the know.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

faux is like a wounded demon projecting his sour sense of disconnectedness upon all of those who are actually in the know.

"In the know" = That little voice inside your head saying "With those longjohns poking out from under the flannel, he must be into Mudhoney. Commence approach pattern!"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Maybe it's the 80s baby adolescent in me, but I liked the Spandau Ballet. Good to know PM Dawn didn't dead that shit permanently (even if it did take 15 years between uses).

Remaking Scarface was also a nice touch.

No comment on the Pat Benatar nod.

"In the know" = That little voice inside your head saying "With those longjohns poking out from under the flannel, he must be into Mudhoney. Commence approach pattern!"

Actually, footprint stains on a stretched t-shirt is a more accurate indication of Mudhoney connectedness.

Maybe it's the 80s baby adolescent in me, but I liked the Spandau Ballet. Good to know PM Dawn didn't dead that shit permanently (even if it did take 15 years between uses).

Did you catch the Caribbean Queen reference on the chorus to M16?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    No comment on archaic saying Ro > Pac

Did you catch the Caribbean Queen reference on the chorus to M16?

Ha - I didn't catch that the first time. The '80s really are back. (On that note, someone parked a DeLorean on my block this morning).

No comment on archaic saying Ro > Pac

Within the specific aspect of honesty...yes.

Speaking of 1) Houston rappers and 2) samples - what is the source of that incredible soul loop on Trae's "Restless" (title track)?

(Shout out to "Classical Gas" while we're on that album).

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Speaking of 1) Houston rappers and 2) samples - what is the source of that incredible soul loop on Trae's "Restless" (title track)?

That's Willie Hutch...although the sampled cut escapes me at the moment.

That's Willie Hutch...although the sampled cut escapes me at the moment.

"Overture of Foxy Brown"

THanks!

• Actually, footprint stains on a stretched t-shirt is a more accurate indication of Mudhoney connectedness.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Hey hcanal
    what are some htown classics that carpetbaggeurs donno about? Hook me up with some GOOD LISTENING

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Hey hcanal
    what are some htown classics that carpetbaggeurs donno about? Hook me up with some GOOD LISTENING

You don't deserve this information.