the clipse lp is that PFFFFF!

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    or whatever lp dudes want to champion this month.

The Federation?

Now you're talking my language!

peace

h

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    or whatever lp dudes want to champion this month.

The Federation?

Nah.

Industry Insiders: what is the status of this album?

• Apparently on Warner Music thanks to E-40. Whether its actually going to come out through them is another story.

Apparently on Warner Music thanks to E-40. Whether its actually going to come out through them is another story.

Yeah, I know they're on Warner now. About three months ago, nice reviews were running, I was seeing interviews, cover art circulated... and then nothing.

The Clipse speak on 10 classic albums

I think Paychex ghostwrote the interview: "The album itself [Cuban Linx] was just a cohesive masterpiece"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

I think Paychex ghostwrote the interview: "The album itself [Cuban Linx] was just a cohesive masterpiece"
    did you ghostpick life after death over ready to die??

did you ghostpick life after death over ready to die??

Dudes have impeccable taste--what can I say?

• The Clipse speak on 10 classic albums

That made total sense.

P.S. Criminal Minded is my all-time favorite.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    That was a great list. Thanks for posting the link.

• That was a great list. Thanks for posting the link.

I agree...but i'm more of "By All Means Necessary " guy. I relate to his comments on the Chronic...I didn't get the west coast either.

• The Clipse speak on 10 classic albums

XXL gave Clipse???s new album Hell Hath No Fury an ???XXL??? rating (something that only 5 albums have previously obtained).

Anyone know what the other 5 were?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I just want to say, again, this album is good.

This is just a straight up (real) rap record and the production on some of these is and innovative as hell.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

according to wikipedia: Blueprint, Be, Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, College Dropout and Late Registration.

• Anyone know what the other 5 were?

according to wikipedia: Blueprint, Be, Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, College Dropout and Late Registration.

wow. just wow.

I don't think College Droput was initially among them; that was a year-end re-rating.

• the fact that some california law school chad and dizzybull are the only two people who don't get it makes me like this album even more

I don't understand the hype either. I mean, I "get it" but I just don't see/hear why everybody jocks this album so hard. I spent a couple rotations on this CD after my last post in this thread. I usually agree with some of you dudes so I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something major. My thoughts remain the same.

And with all due respect, not one of you motherfuckers can - ahem - test my Hip Hop gangster (if you will), so save the slick sidemouth bullshit.

What I'm curious to know is, how many of you who are praising this album so much ACTUALLY BOUGHT A COPY TODAY? It'd be pretty fucking sad if you didn't. (Actually, this is probably worthy of it's own thread.)

Herm

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    What I'm curious to know is, how many of you who are praising this album so much ACTUALLY BOUGHT A COPY TODAY? It'd be pretty fucking sad if you didn't. (Actually, this is probably worthy of it's own thread.)
    i think mark probably picked up enough copies to cover the entire board but i will have a cd copy at the end of the day and if it comes out on vinyl, i will buy that too.

the only rap cds ive bought this year are this, restless, and the aloe blacc album.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    i think mark probably picked up enough copies to cover the entire board

Why are people buy multiple copies of CD's like Clipse & The Game? Are the speculating on future raer?

peace

h

• What I'm curious to know is, how many of you who are praising this album so much ACTUALLY BOUGHT A COPY TODAY? It'd be pretty fucking sad if you didn't. (Actually, this is probably worthy of it's own thread.)
    i think mark probably picked up enough copies to cover the entire board but i will have a cd copy at the end of the day and if it comes out on vinyl, i will buy that too.

the only rap cds ive bought this year are this, restless, and the aloe blacc album.

Damn, for real?!

I spend AT LEAST $25-35 a week on new CD's. Recently (Hip Hop-wise) I've bought Snoop, Trae, Exile, Birdman/Lil Wayne, Jay Z, De La's Impossible Mission, Xzibit, Zion I & The Grouch, Fat Joe, Z-Ro, The Game, Pitbull...and some others I can't seem to remember. Of course, tomorrow (my day off) I'll be buying Ying Yang and yes, Clipse (I've listened to my free DL about 5 times, the LEAST I can do is make sure they get paid).

I'm curious, is this how most people are these days? Strictly DL with no intention of monetarily supporting the artist? I DL as much as the next man (thanks again, Brian!) but I still try to do my part in ensuring that dudes move units, 'specially in this day and age.

It saddens me when dudes are willing to deem albums "classic" or "that pffff!" and then I find out they never even paid for a copy. (I'm speaking strictly rapwise, as that's where my loyalty lies these days.)

Of course, there are times when I might not be able to afford all the shit coming out, at which point I spend my dollars on smaller label/"underground" releases or on dudes I feel my measly $10-15 will benefit the most (independent rappers, "old" rappers trying to maintain a living through their music, etc).

Mixtapes on the other hand, I'll DL for free like crazy. There's no place in town I can buy a copy and I'm waaaay to impatient to order it online and wait for it.I still make sure to buy their official release when it drops, though.

Herm

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i think if i had money i would buy more but im really broke right now to be quite honest.

• i think if i had money i would buy more but im really broke right now to be quite honest.

That's understandable. And I don't mean to direct this specifically at you. It just seems like I meet way too many people these days that DON'T buy albums when they can, you know? I used to be happy to put people up on shit and even give them copies of leaked albums, then I come to find out the album drops and they STAY bumpin' the burned copy I gave them. So these days, fuck it. They can wait 'til the release date or find it online themselves.

Herm

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    i think mark probably picked up enough copies to cover the entire board

I bought one today, might just pick another one up tonight for the whip. Shame on you if you praise it and don't pick this up.

It's $9.99 at Best Buy today. DEAL!

• And with all due respect, not one of you motherfuckers can - ahem - test my Hip Hop gangster (if you will), so save the slick sidemouth bullshit.

I will test your gangster any day of the week you designer t-shirt wearin Arizona bacon and jalapeno hotdog eatin' muthafucka

• And with all due respect, not one of you motherfuckers can - ahem - test my Hip Hop gangster (if you will), so save the slick sidemouth bullshit.

I will test your gangster any day of the week you designer t-shirt wearin Arizona bacon and jalapeno hotdog eatin' muthafucka

Ughhh, I hate jalape??os. And avocado, which means, of course, I hate guacamole.

So as long as you don't test my Mexi-gangster, we'll be cool. I'll fail the fuck outta that one, hoLmes!

Herm

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    That's understandable. And I don't mean to direct this specifically at you. It just seems like I meet way too many people these days that DON'T buy albums when they can, you know? I used to be happy to put people up on shit and even give them copies of leaked albums, then I come to find out the album drops and they STAY bumpin' the burned copy I gave them. So these days, fuck it. They can wait 'til the release date or find it online themselves.

Herm
    it's all good, i know what you mean. as corny as it sounds, people who don't buy shit they appreciate are just not real music fans. music has become a lot more disposable for a lot of people because of downloading and it is kinda sad. basically some album gets hyped and everyone downloads it and after they're done listening to it, they move onto the next hyped album.

it's ten times worse when shit gets leaked mad early because people who would have bought the album simply cannot and by the time the album actually drops, they've already moved onto something else or simply lost interest. i do think that this does help truly exceptional albums to stand out even more now but that's pretty debatable.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Herm
    it's all good, i know what you mean. as corny as it sounds, people who don't buy shit they appreciate are just not real music fans. music has become a lot more disposable for a lot of people because of downloading and it is kinda sad. basically some album gets hyped and everyone downloads it and after they're done listening to it, they move onto the next hyped album.

it's ten times worse when shit gets leaked mad early because people who would have bought the album simply cannot and by the time the album actually drops, they've already moved onto something else or simply lost interest. i do think that this does help truly exceptional albums to stand out even more now but that's pretty debatable.

I agree. Ultimately shit is reality though. If you are relying on peoples good faith to try and get paid, you will end up pretty broke. I support when i like something, but even im in the minority. And the kids? Forget about it. Download or nothing. The music industry needs a new revenue model.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    no domestic release in Canada so far. That is not so hot.....

I'm not sure how someone can confuse this w/ a club record. The closest is maybe "Trill"? Even then I don't see that hitting in the crubs.

This will be in my top 5 of the year (all genres).

• cascas 1,484 Posts

I don't understand the hype either. I mean, I "get it" but I just don't see/hear why everybody jocks this album so hard. I spent a couple rotations on this CD after my last post in this thread. I usually agree with some of you dudes so I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something major. My thoughts remain the same.

And with all due respect, not one of you motherfuckers can - ahem - test my Hip Hop gangster (if you will), so save the slick sidemouth bullshit.

Herm

herm is saying the most truthful shit in this whole thread. i've spent many years in v.a. and am excited as shit that a group from virginia beach is on this level. i've given the new album many tries in the mrs' ride, but i think it's far from the "go tell it on the mountain" type status that the strut is trying to push it to.

[not re-opening the can of worms. just my opinion(no mac mall)]i think the exile/blame one track is far superior to anything on the clipse album lyrically. the beats on the clipse album are pretty dope, but how many songs can you have about the exact same motherfucking thing? everytime the roots come up on here fools criticize black thought for not changing his topics up to their liking, but turn around and hail the clipse like they're changing the game.[/not re-opening the can of worms. just my opinion(no mac mall)]

game theory>hell hath no for album of the year. the beats are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more creative and ground breakng to me. the way the song "game theory" was put together is way more face melting than "wamp wamp" or "mr. me too".

*disclaimer: this is my opinion. as you all have yours...i too have mine and am not trying to beef with no one or their mans and them.

peace to all

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Went into Borders today to cop. Clipse section completely empty.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Went into Borders today to cop. Clipse section completely empty.

Best Buy

Did Target have it? Maybe I'll find out tomorrow.