the clipse lp is that PFFFFF!

Comments

• please don't agree with me

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    please don't agree with me

(mr. me) too late, S*m*n

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    As far as the "club record" thing goes.... alot of these neptunes joints that I wouldn't normally listen to wind up sounding really good in a club, and I find that I really enjoy them in that setting. Whereas I could enjoy the ghostface album anywhere. And from what I heard of Hell Hath, to me it sounded like a lot of other neptunes productions out there. So to say it doesn't sound like anything else out there... well, to me it sounds like the neptunes doing what they normally do. Thats not a diss either, but I don't see how any of these sounded different that "drop it like its hot" and whatnot.

But again, I'm the guy that doesn't like rap music. I just like to dance to it. and thought the ghostface record was one of the best albums of any genre to come out in years.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    As far as the "club record" thing goes.... alot of these neptunes joints that I wouldn't normally listen to wind up sounding really good in a club, and I find that I really enjoy them in that setting. Whereas I could enjoy the ghostface album anywhere. And from what I heard of Hell Hath, to me it sounded like a lot of other neptunes productions out there. So to say it doesn't sound like anything else out there... well, to me it sounds like the neptunes doing what they normally do. Thats not a diss either, but I don't see how any of these sounded different that "drop it like its hot" and whatnot.

Then you weren't listening--the production on this record has little in common with the Neptunes tracks you've been hearing on the radio for the past three years.

check out this blazer that I got in texas:

I should have smiled for the picture, but I'm always so angry about raps music.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the production on this record has little in common with the Neptunes tracks you've been hearing on the radio for the past three years.

• ghostface record was one of the best albums of any genre to come out in years.

Clearly rap is not the only thing you don't listen to.

• it sounds like old Neptuens... Not the bubblegum becky style that they have evolved into. Its a good hip-hop album, once you get past the cocaine and crack references. Not mindblowing, but in a year of awful albums this is definately a standout.

• Mirror mirror, who's the fairest?
    Tricked a buck fifty on that horse and carriage
    Must admit, nothing like these carats
    Them hoes holla back just like they parrots
    Down to the watches, alligator strap
    Six different time zones, I don't set her back
    17 a brick, yeah, go and tell 'em that
    I got the wamp wamp when I move it its still damp
    Mildew-ish when I heat it, it turn bluish
    It cools to a tight wad, the Pyrex is Jewish
    I get paper, it seems I get foolish
    Take it to Jacob and play "Which hues the bluest?"
    We ain't browsing, luxurious housing
    Pull up so mean with the Angel bowing
    Or with the emblem bearing the stallion
    European custom, the leathers Italian

seal this in the time vault. 20 years from now i wanna recite these lyrics to my kids.

i'm sure the clipse album is good, but if your 25 and up and these lyrics are stimulating to you...please go read a book.

• I'm 29 and I like lyrics about getting money.

ghostface record was one of the best albums of any genre to come out in years.

Yeah, I don't listen to much rock or new country either. Besides, I only said it was "one" of the best. Perhaps I should have said one my favoritest, although since my tastes are impeccible they really are one in the same.

• ghostface record was one of the best albums of any genre to come out in years.

Yeah, I don't listen to much rock or new country either. Besides, I only said it was "one" of the best. Perhaps I should have said one my favoritest, although since my tastes are impeccible they really are one in the same.

i hear you. But there are all kinds of records that are better (or at least more interesting) than Fishscale, and to me it's unfortunate that - despite your presence on this website - you're not checking them out.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Why stop there?

Fishscale is the most shining example of human achievement to emerge in any field of endeavor during this or the last century.

Why stop there?

Fishscale is the most shining example of human achievement to emerge in any field of endeavor during this or the last century.

I can take this sort of jibber jabber, however I think Jesus Christ is not very happy with you right now. And I wouldn't fuck with Jesus Christ. That's not a threat or anything, because I can't speak on what dude will or will not do, I'm just saying, watch out. I knew a dude that called Fishscale crap once. In a whisper even. But guess what? Jesus took him out RIGHT THERE. I was fine, because I love fishscale. But still, I was like Damn, Jesus, that was cold hearted. So, watch your step kid, watch your step kid, watch your step kid, etc.

• I'm 29 and I like lyrics about getting money.

im 37 and im ok with crack dealing braggadocio!

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Rootlesscosmo is so asshurt about this album it's absolutely hilarious.

The fucking album is fucking great.

This is rap music for people who actually like rap music.

I too like the Game album, but he's faaaaar inferior to these guys in nearly every way.

-e

I can't beleive nobody regognized the freshness of my cowboy blazer.

I am DEFINITELY experiencing rectal discomfort.

And I definitely don't want to burst anybody's bubble about the clipse. just wondering how people thought it fared against fishscale. But- if your erection has lasted more than 4 hours contact a doctor immediately.

speaking of plex phors, I was in the car with my dad this weekend listening to Johnny Cash 'I walk the line'.

He said when he was a kid they would sing it like this:

I keep my pants up with a piece of twine.
    Because your mine
    Please pull the twine.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hm. maybe you had to be there.

• the fact that some california law school chad and dizzybull are the only two people who don't get it makes me like this album even more

glad I could be of service. I mean, there's got to be some reason you like this terd of an album, 'cause it couldn't possibly be the BAPE rap lyrics unless you began listening to rap in 2001. or are Ice Creams actually a complex "phor" for a deeper level of crack game meaning?

Soulstrut: where weak albums are defended by resort to ad hominem attacks on detractors from said weak albums.

my allegedly asshurted-ness pales in comparison to the jock riding in this thread. y'all sound silly. there's some heat on this album beatwise, and that's all I meant by the club comment. but the very idea that one would quote these guys' lyrics is laughable.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Unlike the rest of the dudes who seem to get off on egging you on, Rootless, I'm not going to play that position. I will say that there's an obvious difference of opinion about Clipse. We should just leave it at that, no?

• IS THIS OUT ON VINYL YET (EVER)?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• I keep my pants up with a piece of twine.
    Because your mine
    Please pull the twine.

that rules!

clever/dextrous wordplay is always compelling to me, even if its about rock cocaine, or twine.

and yeah, wherez the wax on this one? i like big flat shiny records.

• Unlike the rest of the dudes who seem to get off on egging you on, Rootless, I'm not going to play that position. I will say that there's an obvious difference of opinion about Clipse. We should just leave it at that, no?

word.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Unlike the rest of the dudes who seem to get off on egging you on, Rootless, I'm not going to play that position. I will say that there's an obvious difference of opinion about Clipse. We should just leave it at that, no?

word.

Cool. I know I was late to this party and I don't want to be the spoiler but that shit began to be excruciating.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I think we're just amazed that a few of us aren't recognizing the real.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I think we're just amazed that a few of us aren't recognizing the real.

Well yes I have to agree with you, Mark...

But yeah...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    This is a good lp, maybe not as good as the hype here suggests, but neither was Fishscale, King, or whatever lp dudes want to champion this month.

• or whatever lp dudes want to champion this month.

The Federation?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    is that shit even coming in this year?