"the music just turns me on!" source?

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
whats the original source for the "the music just turns me on!"[/b] sample? (used in Paid in Full and countless others)I want my friend to re-enact this with the proper inflections for use as a drop on my radio show. anyone have it or a mp3 clip?thanks.(did i ?yes, but didn't do a thorough search.)

Comments

• it's called "industrial spy" by mikey dread... i'll put it up tonight if nobody beats me to it

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    thanks sir

anyone got an mp3 clip handy of a song that samples it?

thanks in advance

• here...

have fun - cool dub album though where its on originally :-)

Turns Me On

And another classic from the same LP:

FeelGood

Greetings,

SC

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    anyone got an mp3 clip handy of a song that samples it?

No MP3 handy but I know Mobb Deep used it for Got It Twisted.

I love you guys

thanks Scope!

• no prob, but post your show :-)

no prob, but post your show :-)
    huh?

www.doublestandardcrew.com/inthegroove

• Aaahhhh, good boy mordecai :-)
    What can we expect from the show? rears? old? new?

Lemme know,

Jens

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

No MP3 handy but I know Mobb Deep used it for Got It Twisted.

Wasn't that Thomas Dolby "She blinded me with Science"?

Hey Scope, how was diggin next to the dutch mountains? Discodef seemed "pissed", but i told him that there is not much floatin around here these days...btw your DVD/CD is serious heat, very nice!

peace,

S.D.

• it's called "industrial spy" by mikey dread... i'll put it up tonight if nobody beats me to it

but wait... i thought mikey himself sampled that...? does anyone know if that was a mikey dread 'drop in' or if he actually recorded a woman saying it?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I've always kinda wondered about this sample myself. Its been sampled so much I always figured I would have run into it by now.

but wait... i thought mikey himself sampled that...? does anyone know if that was a mikey dread 'drop in' or if he actually recorded a woman saying it?

i always assumed it was something he recorded like "michael campbell has my soul under total control" and all that shit... if he sampled it, i have no idea where he got it from

What can we expect from the show? rears? old? new?
    mix...mostly classics with some old and new sprinkled about
    no "rears"

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    one more sample question:

anybody know where the oft-used "ready on the left, ready on the right" is from?

• one more sample question:

anybody know where the oft-used "ready on the left, ready on the right" is from?

I have it on a Vietnam/post-Viertnam era US Army recruiting 7 inch /45.
    I'll dig it up and try and get the proper title for you.
    There's a picture sleeve with pics of what looks like a bunch of dudes going through basic training.
    I used it briefly on my Breaks For Days mix a few years back.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

one more sample question:

I have it on a Vietnam/post-Viertnam era US Army recruiting 7 inch /45.
    I'll dig it up and try and get the proper title for you.
    There's a picture sleeve with pics of what looks like a bunch of dudes going through basic training.
    This makes sense; possibly a live recording from a rifle range.

• Hey Scope, how was diggin next to the dutch mountains? Discodef seemed "pissed", but i told him that there is not much floatin around here these days...btw your DVD/CD is serious heat, very nice

Thanx doode :-)

Aachen was in comparison to earlier trips not worth a word. I only found the Cheeky 7" again and bought this strange psych LP "The Flock Dinosaur Swamp" (nice though)...

But the day b4 we went to Bonn and did seriout biz :-) I only say Giorio Son for under 10 bucks... I bought a strange Jap Entertainer/Funk rec there... heat heat heat!!!

SC

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    whats the sample where all the girls are saying "Yeess!"? Edan used it on "Funky Voltron"
    also "Whats your problem?"

• I've always kinda wondered about this sample myself. Its been sampled so much I always figured I would have run into it by now.

I think he had a radio show and had all this IDs produced for the show maybe?!

There are so much of this skits on that "African Anthem - The Mikey Dread Show - Dubwise" LP, I could not imagine that they did them for a LP alone.

Anyone with serious "jammy radio programm of the 90s" knowledge here?

SC

• one more sample question:

Nope, I just thought it was on this LP:

GANGBUSTERS

But thats a different story from the same Wildstyle LP...

SC