That new prison movie

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I'm hyped for this. Bob Oedenkirk directing. Will Arnett (aka G.O.B.). Possibly funnier than Borat, minus the hype?

Comments

• Am I the only one disturbed by this? I find nothing even remotely funny about the modern penile system.

• Hmm. Didn't anticipate someone taking that tack....

I dunno much about the film itself other than seeing the preview. The folks involved generally have been associated with satire that pokes fun at all the stuff that deserves to be poked fun at. Not on some LCD Sandler type shit.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    A little off topic, but I saw Steve Bucemi's Animal Factory recenly. The bathroom scene with a Edward Furlong and a sideburned Tom Arnold along with William Dafoe's solitary confinement part were

• Am I the only one disturbed by this? I find nothing even remotely funny about the modern penile system.

Nope. you are not. I saw the preview and was uncomfortable just watching it. Nothing funny about it.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    modern penile system.

Intentional, I'm assuming....

• Where are my AD and Mr. Show fans? I need you. This thread turned too serious, too quick.

I see where you guys are coming from, but who's to say this flick isn't a scathing commentary on just that, and funny to boot?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Where are my AD and Mr. Show fans? I need you. This thread turned too serious, too quick.

I see where you guys are coming from, but who's to say this flick isn't a scathing commentary on just that, and funny to boot?

I think people are looking that this thread a little too seriously

reminds me of this ex-cholo barber (who cut hair at a place the locals called "cholocuts") that said he would never let his children listen to Ricky Martin's "Livin' La Vida Loca" cause he knew all about that life.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Where are my AD and Mr. Show fans? I need you.

TOO Uptight and preachy for me in here.

but im a big fan of all of the above, and prison movies in general.

• I think people are looking that this thread a little too seriously

So--just for the record here--you don't think Borat is funny, but prison is hilarious?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

So--just for the record here--you don't think Borat is funny, but prison is hilarious?

dude your hard on for me has been poking me in my thigh for a while.

Please fall back and stop trying to breathe down my neck. I really don't know what your issue with me is but I doubt that your dilligence as my online documentarian is really making you feel that much better about it.

and for the record I think Borat is hilarious. I just didn't enjoy the recent film.

do I think prison is hilarious? no, not really but do I think I can enjoy a comedy directed by Bob odenkirk & starring Will Arnett set in a prison? Probably

I also liked the movie Airplane but don't think real-life airplane crashes are all that funny.

please try to separate your animosity for me from a logical stance on the politics of a comedy film

• My interest definitely stems from the creative parties involved and not the subject matter. They coulda made a movie about priests and nuns and I'd think it would be funny.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    ahhhh classic. Good times!

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i don't know about all this beef shit in here, but our buddy alan elliott from l.a. did all the music for this movie with the below line up and i'm excited for him.

king errison in that bootch.

you can read the blog about the making of it here...

http://alanelliott.blogspot.com/

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

dude your hard on for me has been poking me in my thigh for a while.

Please fall back and stop trying to breathe down my neck. I really don't know what your issue with me is but I doubt that your dilligence as my online documentarian is really making you feel that much better about it.

and for the record I think Borat is hilarious. I just didn't enjoy the recent film.

do I think prison is hilarious? no, not really but do I think I can enjoy a comedy directed by Bob odenkirk & starring Will Arnett set in a prison? Probably

I also liked the movie Airplane but don't think real-life airplane crashes are all that funny.

please try to separate your animosity for me from a logical stance on the politics of a comedy film

Yes, I have no doubt that Ross's whole day is oriented around those moments when he finds himself in front of a computer screen with unfettered access to your jock. He may have fooled other people with all of this talk about being a "DJ" and his "wife," but I can see right through dudes like him and I can tell that making your life difficult is the focus of his entire existence. Keep your head up, lil soldier!