I blew my WIRE load and... (no spoilers)

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Whenever there is is even a threat of violence, she tells me to fast forward the Tivo...I just tell her to cover her eyes.

So she's not watching half the show is what you're saying.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    snoop =

she probably would hold a gun to my head the whole time or some freaky shit like that

y'all know she really did kill a woman in real life, right?
    yeah, she's basically playing how she used to live on the show. realer than any rapper out there.

this wire avatar movement you started is great. everytime i see mine, i hear "get off me muthafuckah" in a high pitched voice.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

"Do I look little to you?!"

• you think her and griggs might.....naaaaaaaaaaa

ooo yeah, greggs... now that's one that definitely

• these Wire avatars are

• snoop =

she probably would hold a gun to my head the whole time or some freaky shit like that

Is this the real deal, Holyfield? I've read a couple interviews she's done and I've never seen this mentioned. Not to say that she would discuss it, but I would think the interviewers would allude to it somehow.

I love the way girl talks, though. That drawl is niiiiiice.

Don't mean to spoil anything, but has the episode with the B-more Club music reference aired yet?

Herm

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Whenever there is is even a threat of violence, she tells me to fast forward the Tivo...I just tell her to cover her eyes.

So she's not watching half the show is what you're saying.

Basically....she just asks me who got killed and by whom. Oh, and asking why are Snoop and Chris throwing that white stuff on all the dead bodies.

Don't mean to spoil anything, but has the episode with the B-more Club music reference aired yet?

Herm

Yes...that shit was funny.

• snoop =

Is this the real deal, Holyfield? I've read a couple interviews she's done and I've never seen this mentioned. Not to say that she would discuss it, but I would think the interviewers would allude to it somehow.

I've seen some stories on her where they say she shot a woman when she was 14 and did juvey time til she turned 21... the details about the woman actually dying I've only heard from word of mouth. Heard it was a deal like what went down with the rapper Nore... merked somebody as a minor, got knocked, then got out when he was legal.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dudes
    http://download.yousendit.com/DA971D5F1AC97705

fini dolo feat sonja sohn. not really my shit but whatever. phill you need to hook her up with some better beats

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    dudes
    http://download.yousendit.com/DA971D5F1AC97705

fini dolo feat sonja sohn. not really my shit but whatever. phill you need to hook her up with some better beats

why doesn't Stringer just hook her up?

aka DJ Big Driis

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    holy shit, my mind is completely blown right now

kima + stringer + slim charles collabo lp plz

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Hassan Johnson a/k/a Wee-Bey raps too; I read some interview where he offered De La Soul as a point of reference. And doesn't Wood Harris do music?

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Damn, Phill got Snoop! I had the image uploaded in a separate window before I even scrolled down that far lol... I feel you on Monday nights Paychizzle! Soon as I get home from work, dinner and The Wire. This season is getting CRUCIAL. Oh, and has anybody mentioned Prop Joe's fake phone call in the ep before last? It was on again the other day and I caught it for the second time, hilarious!

Hassan Johnson a/k/a Wee-Bey raps too; I read some interview where he offered De La Soul as a point of reference. And doesn't Wood Harris do music?

The kid who plays Randy Wagstaff is described on the HBO Wire site as being a Jermaine Dupri signee.

"He signed a recording deal with So So Def/VIRGIN Records with hip-hop producer and recording superstar Jermaine Dupri. "

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Oh, and has anybody mentioned Prop Joe's fake phone call in the ep before last? It was on again the other day and I caught it for the second time, hilarious!
    that shit has to be at least top 5 funny scenes on the wire along with bunk setting his clothes on fire

• I wish I knew somebody that that had seasons 1 to 3. Or better yet, burn 'em. I can't be spending $150 right now. (Although knowing my dumb ass I'll probably end up spending that amount on 2 pairs of sneakers that I don't really need.)

Herm

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    these Wire avatars are

hell yeah. I'm holding out for an animated one though.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    The wire is the best t.v. show of all time.

I too have already finished season 4. It was too tempting. When i first heard this one was gonna be about the education system, i was wondering how they would make it interesting. But as usual, they totally pulled it off amazingly well.

Where did yall get those advatars? I want one of daniels.

Season 3 is still the hardest though.

• The wire is the best t.v. show of all time.

I too have already finished season 4. It was too tempting. When i first heard this one was gonna be about the education system, i was wondering how they would make it interesting. But as usual, they totally pulled it off amazingly well.

Where did yall get those advatars? I want one of daniels.

Season 3 is still the hardest though.

http://www.hbo.com/thewire/cast/

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Yep. Seems she used to do a lot of poetry slam shit before she got into acting. The cat she did that record with, Noel Watson, has been deep in the game over here since the early 80's - one of the first London club DJs to really get behind hip-hop in a big way, and amongst the earliest to spin Chicago house when the first wave of jack tracks on DJ International & Trax hit these shores in 1985.

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    I wish I knew somebody that that had seasons 1 to 3. Or better yet, burn 'em. I can't be spending $150 right now. (Although knowing my dumb ass I'll probably end up spending that amount on 2 pairs of sneakers that I don't really need.)

Herm

You can find dvd rips (divx) online. Try to get an invite for www.bitmetv.org , they have all four seasons online and it's fast, ~10 min/episode download time for me.

I'm watching season 1-3 all over again. Just finished season 2 and it was just as slow as I remembered it but it has its moment.

• I tivo it cuz I work at the ER til 2am....sometimes I will come home and watch it til 3am!

Damn, you work at the ER THEN wind down by coming home & watching The Wire?!?
    The missus & I have been regularly catching the in-demand at 12:01am on Sunday nights & it's tough enough for us to go right to sleep after that.

I tivo it cuz I work at the ER til 2am....sometimes I will come home and watch it til 3am!

Damn, you work at the ER THEN wind down by coming home & watching The Wire?!?
    The missus & I have been regularly catching the in-demand at 12:01am on Sunday nights & it's tough enough for us to go right to sleep after that.

Well, I don't have any interest in TV like 'Grey's Anatomy' or 'ER' after 7 years part-time in the ER, I can tell you that!

Last night I made it thru til about 3/4 of the way and got nervous about Little Kevin and Herc's 'interrogation', so I went to sleep! Herc just went from being a lovable doofus to being a completely ignorant calamity for all these people. It's interesting to see how he and Carver have digested their lessons about policing differently and how Carver's working smarter pisses off his peers.

• Yep. Seems she used to do a lot of poetry slam shit before she got into acting. The cat she did that record with, Noel Watson, has been deep in the game over here since the early 80's - one of the first London club DJs to really get behind hip-hop in a big way, and amongst the earliest to spin Chicago house when the first wave of jack tracks on DJ International & Trax hit these shores in 1985.

domt forget that she was in the movie Slam with saul williams. great movie. i love her

• Season 3 is still the hardest though.

griggs sexyscene = so nice!

• Oh, and has anybody mentioned Prop Joe's fake phone call in the ep before last? It was on again the other day and I caught it for the second time, hilarious!
    that shit has to be at least top 5 funny scenes on the wire along with bunk setting his clothes on fire

unbelieavble shit! he switched shit up like 3 times in a minute. needs to go head to head with that dude phill posted that freestyled like dmx,LL,jigga,snoop

chris vs. omar poll = omar 3 chris 0
    no one feeling the zombie master???

• Last night I made it thru til about 3/4 of the way and got nervous about Little Kevin and Herc's 'interrogation', so I went to sleep! Herc just went from being a lovable doofus to being a completely ignorant calamity for all these people. It's interesting to see how he and Carver have digested their lessons about policing differently and how Carver's working smarter pisses off his peers.

Herc is a lovable doofus alright. It's just amazing he hasn't gotten himself killed. Herc really is too shortsighted to really get into this too deep.

Not to spoil anything, but the way the players digest their situations is reflected in a large part by how they deal with the teens. McNulty and Bodie, Bunny and Namond, Cutty and Michael (Marlo and Michael), Prez and Dookie, Carver and Randy.

• Herc is a lovable doofus alright.

But Herc is quickly losing his lovable-ness. I'm hating how he's doing Bubs right now.

General Herc-question: Seems like he's supposed to be a local guy through & through; so why does he have a NY accent?