Turkish PSYCH?!?!?

SleutherVandrossSleutherVandross 51 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I was recently on a case that brought me out to Turkey - some nonsense with the kurds and islamofascists and the gays; I don't know, I don't follow politics.I chanced by a record shop, and stoppingin, found a veritable cornacopia of strange and unusualrecords.I bought a healthy stack of them and didn't think muchmore about it.Recently, I've been really FEELING this psychTurkish, and overall Eastern-sounding, but not tooethnic.Are there any compilations out there?Do any DJs spin TURKISH ?!?!?Thanks - Sleuther

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    there has actually been a few discussions on the turkey tip.
    do a search.

• Andy Votel plays a lot of this stuff, egon had a mix on the stones throw podcast.

Check out Selda and another LP which I haven't heard, reissued by www.b-music.us

the only record I have that could be qualified as turkish psych (well maybe not psych) is Les Mogol (also known as mogollar), and I would recommend that.

• subsub 311 Posts
    what type of job do you have?

I was recently on a case that brought me out to Turkey -
    some nonsense with the kurds and islamofascists and the gays;

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    there are a lot of turkish psych records. the bosporus bridges compilation might be a good introduction.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Hey Dreas, lemme holleur at those Edip jammies you got there.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    whuddup Dreas?!?

that that shit you had in your pocket last weekend? real tasty.

I have a new mix of turkish and other eastern shit coming out in about a week. i only made 250 of them with nice handmade covers. i'll put up a post when they're available.

• sup delay!

let me know when that mix drops, i'll need to get a copy.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    cellulose is hellulose.

dreas that pic is HILARIOUS

• nice to see you again in ny ar**n!

i dunno how i feel about the cellulose yet. sometimes i like it, others times i yearn for my usual smoking brand king size slim (gold) rice papes.

• Yo,

go and pm strutter lasarus for more info on the comp, he knows that guy that puts it out I guess...

BTW heres a link to a post that I dropped earlier this year, incl. a mix of my fav turk sevens :-)

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=453600&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

peace,

Scoper

• Anybody know whats up with the Selda re-ish? Dustygroove has them, but I am not moved to go for my wallet with their hyperbole laden reviews. Looks cool though.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Aquarius turned me on to Selda. Andy Votel on top of thangs.

FUUUCCKKKK SELDA WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE??!?!?

- spidey

• I have a new mix of turkish and other eastern shit coming out in about a week. i only made 250 of them with nice handmade covers. i'll put up a post when they're available.

Yo Im excited to hear your mix doode, I remember you wanted to put thang out some month ago...

hit me with a pm if it is out, pleez!

SC

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Thread Revival. Any of you losers up on 21 Peron? That's my SHIT!!

Wouldn't mind spending coin even on some reissue wax.

anyone got the lowdown?

- spidey

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I imagine that this is pretty common, but I could up this comp here if anyone's interested: Turkish Rock Music from '64-75, mostly vinyl rips.

• DIGITAL AVAILABLE NOW!!!!!!!! Bosporus Brdiges Vol. 2 plus a bonus track "su akar"-Ferdi ??zbegen (Sygaire Rework) for whole bundle-download..... check here:

http://blackpearlrecords.bandcamp.com/album/bosporus-bridges-vol-2-v-a