when is too early to get stoned.

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
it goes good with coffee, but then the whole day's a blrrrry.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    A big breakfast is like hitting the reset button.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Back in '98 or so, before I quit the weed(was never much of a smoker, but sometimes I miss the mellow) I rented a room from a couple in Arlington VA. It became clear very quickly these were some gourmet weedheads under the veneer or 'professional Beltway couple'. So the wife would bake cookies, brownies, make tea....all with weed in them. I would occasionally puff with them when offered, so they knew I partook, but often Davina would be so, uhm...absent-minded that she might forget to mention the secret ingredients.

One Sunday morning she asks if I want some tea, I am heading out to do some wandering/digging/museum-ing...so I drink up a big mug and hit the metro at about 9am. That day I fell asleep on the metro, left my bag at a coffee shop and barely made my way back home.....upon returning she was like, "did you enjoy the tea?"

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    i basically smoke within a half an hour after i roll outta bed. Then i puff steadily thru the day. Im packing the bong right now actually. It does make me pretty useless all day, but thats usually the daily operation. I want to quit now though. Ive been smoking heavily for like 12 years and i think it has rendered me somewhat retarded over time. my short term memory is garbarge, and i feel pretty shitty when i get out of bed from a "weed hangover" if you want to call it that. Dont get me wrong, i love mary, but watering down my abilty to handle day to day life is starting to be

• "did you enjoy the tea?"

hahahahah, that is hilarious.

as for the topic, it all depends on what you have to do that day.

lately I find that I have to get all of my work done/go to class and save smoking for evenings. this is new to me though, and for most of high school and college I could get by being high all day (cause once you start, you gotta keep it going).

I think it boils down to what your job is, a couple summers ago I worked at a blockbuster online mailing center, pretty much just filed dvd's in shelves in the morning and stuffed envelopes in the afternoon. the work was dumb easy. I would smoke before work, during a 15 minute break in the morning, during lunch, and again during a 15 minute break in the afternoon. not everyone would smoke that frequently during the day but you can bet that a good 75% of the people working there were smoking up atleast once or twice in the day. then for most of the day we would be sitting down, and for the first month or so before business picked up, you could nap some days for up to 2 hours

that job is kind of an extreme example. but there are many other professions where provided you aren't getting absolutely ripped, it's not hard to keep on task and be efficient while being stoned. chefs, dishwashers, artists, office jobs, whatever.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Sprinkle that shit in your eggs and blend for an omlet.

• As a medical Marijuana user, I medicate with in the first half hour of waking up.

That pretty much goes on all day with regular timing.

Then when all is done for the day, I spark up a hookah coal and pull hash oil hits till I goto sl.........er um (pass out).

It comes to a point with most non medical users, that they quit for whatever reason.

Im 36 yrs old , I didnt start smoking till I was 21 or 22, but I had been on 13 diffrent pills from the age of 6 to the age of 21, and out of all the crap a doctor has poked down my neck, not one man made pill gives me the sense of calm and peace I find with Mary Jane a my side.

I guess its never to early to smoke, as long as you can control yourself and maintain.

Peace for now, Peace for later

Ol-skool

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
    On an off day, I generally meditate, stretch, then have a meal followed by coffee, with a little tree, unless I've got a meeting or some such..

It depends on your tolerance, body chemistry etc. Today was a Sunday so anytime after meditation is fair game for chiefin', Coltrane, spiritual jazz, gospel records, whatever..

• i dunno about too early, but if it gets past 3:30am it's probably too late and you should just go to bed

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    ?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    i dont know why more peeps dont keeps.

Maybe if you are willing to replace that pipe every week.

If not, you just become accustomed to the sensation of smoking
    trees through the exhaust pipe of an 18-wheel diesel rig.

The little mincing hits were pretty unsatisfying to me as well -
    I found myself hitting the thing every 20 minutes because I would
    get these little mini-buzzes.

Of course, this was all when I was 17 and more of a fiend for
    the stuff than any other time in my life - but I still say the
    pipe and method are just too unpleasant.

Paper is really the only way to go, but I'll admit I rock a pipe
    because so much of my smoking is solo, and it really can stretch
    a bag's life considerably.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    two words,
    dug - out
    or
    pinch - hitter

i feel these are the best inventions of the last century. mine looks likes a cigarette, but whatever it looks like its so efficient. a couple of dimes for me can last a month with this device. instead of smoking a full joint or pinner, you get three drags with each pinch, and you're good. at least i am. i find this takes care of me. i dont know why more peeps dont keeps.

in relation to the topic, well...i guess its not, but for someone that would post in such a topic, something like this may make things more convenient for yourself.

a one-o like the cig is actually what i use when im outside of home like at work, bars, driving. I stopped using the case to pack it though cause it doesn't grind up nugs as good as schwags or mids. I just pack a little hydro in a baggie and roll out. My at home devices though are a straight 2 foot glass bong. Thats the best way to puff imo.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    i basically smoke within a half an hour after i roll outta bed. Then i puff steadily thru the day. Im packing the bong right now actually. It does make me pretty useless all day, but thats usually the daily operation. I want to quit now though. Ive been smoking heavily for like 12 years and i think it has rendered me somewhat retarded over time. my short term memory is garbarge, and i feel pretty shitty when i get out of bed from a "weed hangover" if you want to call it that. Dont get me wrong, i love mary, but watering down my abilty to handle day to day life is starting to be

Help.