WEEKEND FINDS!

cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
On the way home from work I stopped by an out of the way thrift and came up with5 sealed copies of a cool Private Unitarian Folk lp from Francyl Streano-Children of Light.Mystical Unitarian lyrics, mostly her and her guitar, some tracks have spacey clave andflute work, 1 track has a flute/clav/tablas/dumbek combo, and one track is real rockish withelectric guitar. Private label Spiritual Renaissance Music out of Berkeley. Anyone know this one, is there any demand? If not, their certainly should be, I think it's pretty sweet. Hit me with a PM or post with any info..Cheers,CP

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I found one of these a couple of weeks ago.....real nice flowing music but I didn't dig her voice......I know others will, just wasn't my thang.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I found one of these a couple of weeks ago.....real nice flowing music but I didn't dig her voice......I know others will, just wasn't my thang.

Really? Folk ain't really my bag but I'm feeling this!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Really?

Yep.

• online find, for 30$ in vg+/vg+

• I totally forgot to say

online find, for 30$ in vg+/vg+

DAMN! That's a serious comeup, that record goes for waaaay more than that.
    Nice One!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I haven't posted one of these in a while because I've slowed down a lot on the record buying while I'm restoring my '56 VW. But here are some pics of the few I have bought.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Upskiboo,I found one of these too on my recent Euro digging trip, do you know anything about it?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Upskiboo,I found one of these too on my recent Euro digging trip, do you know anything about it?

not much, i think Ashrock maybe knows a thing or two bout it?
    i traded it witha friend who dug it up in brooklyn last year, my fav is the electric fast paced (i slowed it down for the mp3) title track, the rest more less has a spiritual/prog edgy jazz vibe going..
    btw congrats on pulling the carpenborg lp, NICE!!

• got two free records this weekend. one in a trade for two other free records. and a record store counter girl gave me one i guess because i met her at a party. didn't realize until i got home. one ungoogleable, anyone know pat and victoria garvey? loner duo, was the question can duos be loner ever answered? and i didn't know phillips promos had gold labels.

Sunday night come-up!

• no records but found a wicked baby chair for my 16month old
    Here she is modelling it looking like a stunned mullet

• Hi My first weekend finds post , maybie someone like east euro grooves...

Klenczon Krzysztof + 3 korony : some
    Polish masterpiece garage-Sike Fuzzed !
    klenczon1
    klenczon 2

NIebiesko Czarni = Ep

Incl ???Respect??? cover version w/Fake English Female vocal in pure attitude + Freakbeat soul drum working . Incl also one track in Top Freakbeat heavy psych sound + a Cover of Hendrix, Full of heavy LSD Guitar !!! Masterpiece Polish EP !!

niebiesko czarni - respect
    niebiesko czarni - Can???t you see me
    niebiesko czarni - Purple Hazy

Skorpio - Ep

Heavy Hungarian prog with some Rock-Funk breaks !! Funk-Prog dancer !!!!..

skorpo 1

All for 12 euro ,,

Peace from cold Warsaw