do you dance?

AserAser 2,351 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I always like to hear reasons behind this. Do you or don't you? Especially if you're a dj, why don't you dance? Is it a fear of embarassment, a cranky back, or you "hate" new music in general. How do you get people to dance if you yourself don't dance?What types of music do you enjoy dancing to most, especially what bpms?Conversely, would you get with a girl if she is lacking in rhythm?21 questions!!!first dude to post a pic of glowstick fur pants raver = dude that can't dance!

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    DO I dance?

Fuck yeah.

What types of music do you enjoy dancing to most, especially what bpms?

Krautrock any bpm

Conversely, would you get with a girl if she is lacking in rhythm?

if she's hot.. yah, i wouldn't care if she was lacking in legs.

- spidey

• - Goddamn right I dance. To anything and everything, but I prefer to do my dirt all by lonely while bumpin' Honey Cone's "Girls It Ain't Easy." I am not ashamed.

- In my studies, I've found that females that lack rhythm on the floor lack rhythm in bed, so no.

Herm

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    - Goddamn right I dance. To anything and everything!

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I like to dance and I especially enjoy dancing to drum&bass.

• LewisLewis Connecticut 101 Posts
    for me thats what funk and soul is all about. i love dancing. i personally think djs who can dance have a much better nack for get a crowd going. granted its all subjective but its something i have always thought. when i dj my monthly nite i will get out on the dancefloor and shred some mojo with the ladies. thats the whole fun of it for me. yeah its great to get other folks dancing but i love getting out there myself. its easier when i have my friend dj with me but even when i am solo i won't hesitate. While i dont have any breakin or northern moves i consider myself pretty good and can easily whip a girl into a frenzy if she's got rhythm. From my experience most gals do have it, as compared to men its just a question of do they have style as well.

what i like the most is funk/soul/afrobeat from mid to uptempo but have and can dance to other genres as well.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    look guys! most of you are white, so you're not supposed to dance...
    you can only disgrace yourself, so don't do it!

especially at sharon jones concerts, white people are supposed to stand still.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Real men sit in the corner, curse, smoke & sweat!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Dancing is for homos.

Nah, of course.
    My favourite part of a night in a club is usually at the beginning when nobody else has started dancing - the DJ often plays his best or most adventurous tunes (to my ears anyway) early.
    I guess my favourite genres are funk, jungle, ska, but I've had a good laugh dancing at easy listening nights too.
    On an e, I'd probably dance to a pnuematic drill.

• Anyone who knows me knows I'll dance at the drop of a great record. My pet peeve is DJs who don't dance. Lively up you miserable bastards.

• i'll dance anytime, anywhere. whole foods, the club...it can really embarrass my wife in a grocery store, but c'mon. A good tune comes on, and you do it without thinking.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I got this old-player two-step from my Grandpops that I can't seem to shake.

Not the best look in a club setting, so I'm usually a wall flower.

But when something hits and I'm feelin' it, all self-consciousness goes out the window.

Like when ex-TSL Jared dropped Barbara Mason's "You Better Stop It" at APT last Saturday night.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I always like to hear reasons behind this. Do you or don't you? Especially if you're a dj, why don't you dance? Is it a fear of embarassment, a cranky back, or you "hate" new music in general. How do you get people to dance if you yourself don't dance?

What types of music do you enjoy dancing to most, especially what bpms?

21 questions!!!

first dude to post a pic of glowstick fur pants raver = dude that can't dance!

Dude... I'll battle you any day of the week!!! Lets throw down!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    yeah, I dance. I don't dance well, but I have a hell of a good time.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    Not only do I dance I dance battle random people for no reason. Don't make me pull out the lighthouse on your ass. LOL

But, djs that dance are usually much better IMO. Nothing says punk ass like the dude standing behind the decks with an ICE GRILL on the whole fucking time, yo hommie bust a smile and shake some tail your playin music for dancing right>>>

• $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TOP DOLLAR PAID FOR VIDEOS OF STRUTTERS DANCING[/b]

chicken noodle soup
    snap
    krump
    wu-tang
    shoulder lean
    harlem shake
    butterfly
    the whop
    patty duke
    funky broadway
    funky chicken
    boogaloo
    macarena
    electric slide
    achy breaky
    running man
    east coast stomp
    crip walk
    the same ol' two step
    even that 80's dance that Carlton Banks used to do

ANY DANCE. ANY ERA. I JUST WANT TO SEE YOU DOING IT
    I WILL PAY DOUBLE FOR FOOTAGE OF O-DUB DOING THAT DANCE HE DESCRIBED IN A THREAD FROM A WHILE BACK

PM ME FOR ANY ADDITIONAL DETAILS AND GET PAID TODAY

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[/b]

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I
    can easily whip a girl into a frenzy if she's got rhythm.
    with
    that 80's dance that Carlton Banks used to do

• $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i have seen strutters dance.

i think i had video of justin doing his shuffle thing once. he dances like old east los dudes. its pretty hot. but lucky for him i erased it.

asprin is a dancin fool! that dood will get down to anything, anywhere. he has good vibes coming from his sweat pores. instant party!

me, i dance, but rarely outside of my bedroom. but within these 4 walls im a regular bob fosse jazz hands mothereffer.

i cant really say the bpms.

as far as types of musics. there are a million genres and i rocked them all bitches. if youre really in the mood to move, the music is secondary.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    i wish I can take a room of strutters, throw in an equal # of girls, and get the party started. Just to see how things will go down, conduct my persnoal social experiment.

Music played would include lean widdit hiphop, jazz dance, soul/funk, brazilian, fania laaars for the rey vs faux dancetaria, etc, etc....

dor - dude I'll take you out w/ my ini kamoze hot stepperness.

• i dance! i dance!

especially to northern, in front of the mirror, in my bedroom, but also out in public.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    dnacing is for soft left wingers

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Hell yes.

I'll dance to anything that moves me. Will not dance to anything though.

I would not get with a girl who has no rhythm. Being a bad dancer is one thing, but no rhythm =

I dance and drunkenly sing when I DJ.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    torontonians can catch me at the RUB tonight dancing my ass off. I dance foolishly but I keep to the rhythm. actually I used to be able to dance better, but old age and complete disregard for what people think of me has turned my dance moves into some jello type shit. i wiggle it and jiggle even without young leek playing. I love dancing to baltimore though. I know thats really not a cool thing to be saying but I do. play anything with sing sing or think and I will instantly go apeshit

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i only crip walk.

• Oh - I dance.

• I actully use to dance better before I started to DJ.. any one else?...

but I have losened up a lot.. I even feel I can uprock a little now.. thats what gets me ... when I start hearing breaks.. its on....

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I used to get down to just about anything. Now I only dance to shit that actually moves me, e.g. J-Rocc spinning at Soundlessons in LA.

• I dance and drunkenly sing when I DJ.

otherwise i usually tend to avoid the club but i am a dancing fool in the studio.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    there are very few west coast strutters who haven't seen my stupidly shake my ass on the floor.

I bounce at my desk with my iPod bumping Trae

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

worst mistake of my life.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

chicken noodle soup
    snap
    krump
    wu-tang
    shoulder lean
    harlem shake
    butterfly
    the whop
    patty duke
    funky broadway
    funky chicken
    boogaloo
    macarena
    electric slide
    achy breaky
    running man
    east coast stomp
    crip walk
    the same ol' two step
    even that 80's dance that Carlton Banks used to do

ANY DANCE. ANY ERA. I JUST WANT TO SEE YOU DOING IT
    I WILL PAY DOUBLE FOR FOOTAGE OF O-DUB DOING THAT DANCE HE DESCRIBED IN A THREAD FROM A WHILE BACK

PM ME FOR ANY ADDITIONAL DETAILS AND GET PAID TODAY

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[/b]

I will bust a mean Steve Martin on that ass. And by "mean" I mean "lousy."