The Mistress of Spin

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I don't take anything Ann Coulter has to say very seriously but I have to say: she really does take hateful screeds to the next level. Here's what she has to say about what's happened: http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/printer_friendly.cgi?article=156

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Oh how we need an "asshurt" graemlin.

I guess for the time being this will suffice:

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Now that the power in DC has shifted, so will the mainstream media. We had a discussion last week and Joel, myself and others made the point that media focus shifts with who's in power. As such, I am hoping these extreme outliers on the right will stop getting attention. Seriously, all you have to do at this point is ignore them. Matter of fact, this thread in and of itself is helping them. Delete me.

PS-- We won. We fucking won!

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    What a loathsome harpie!
    She should be stoked now she's got at least 2 years of columns written,
    she'll use the template from that little piece of doo-doo over and over and over...

• There is something wrong with that woman's soul.

• Even America's greatest president, Ronald Reagan, lost five House seats and eight Senate seats in his sixth year in office.

Take that Lincoln, you silly bearded bitch, your queer ass ain't got nothing on dutch.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Even America's greatest president, Ronald Reagan, lost five House seats and eight Senate seats in his sixth year in office.

Take that Lincoln, you silly bearded bitch, your queer ass ain't got nothing on dutch.

beat me to it... "Even America's greatest president, Ronald Reagan"...

did i miss something?

fucking priceless.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    She's definitely a trip. I doubt I could stand having a conversation with her longer than 30 seconds. But from the stats she pushes, it does make me think this is hardly a major defeat (In a historical sense). I'm wondering tho... Could maybe... Just maybe, this have been a planned whooping? Now your going to be able to see REPs go on the attack a lil. The Dems are going to really have to step up with all the bullshit left or else your going to see another possible REP. President in 08.

• she intentionally misses the point. america is not happy with bush and the gop. the historical 6th year congressional elections have nothing to do with an unjustified war, shitty economy, scandal and favoritism. anyone who followed the news realized that bush was a zero before he entered the whitehouse. it took the rest of america 6 years. that is the real story.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Coulter also failed to note that though even if the turnover from R --> D wasn't as dramatic as in other years, it's unprecedented that such a turnover would happen would no seats being lost in the other direction. Convenient omission.

But jesus, is this pundit from, well, everything.

• Now that the power in DC has shifted, so will the mainstream media. We had a discussion last week and Joel, myself and others made the point that media focus shifts with who's in power. As such, I am hoping these extreme outliers on the right will stop getting attention. Seriously, all you have to do at this point is ignore them. Matter of fact, this thread in and of itself is helping them. Delete me.

do you really think the mainstream media has been pro-Bush? How many wasted pages and pixels on the phony Valerie Plame story? How many news cycles were taken up by leaked CIA asessments about how awful Iraq is? You think the media burried the abramoff or delay stories? What about Mark Foley? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the media is inherently anti-Bush. Christian right congressman luring male pages is a legit story period. So is covering the war and the discontents within a war cabinet. Making a fraud like Joe Wilson into a political dissident proves only the cunning of the clown ambassador and the credulity of the journos. But I would not count on your vaunted shift. Democrats are in power, they are now a target. These soufles to Nancy Pelosi will soon pass.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Now that the power in DC has shifted, so will the mainstream media. We had a discussion last week and Joel, myself and others made the point that media focus shifts with who's in power. As such, I am hoping these extreme outliers on the right will stop getting attention. Seriously, all you have to do at this point is ignore them. Matter of fact, this thread in and of itself is helping them. Delete me.

do you really think the mainstream media has been pro-Bush?

Please be serious.

This has been the worst administration in our nation's history--that much is now beyond question--and the media has been complicit in sheltering it from the American public. That it retains any support with any segment of the public is evidence of that.

• Now that the power in DC has shifted, so will the mainstream media. We had a discussion last week and Joel, myself and others made the point that media focus shifts with who's in power. As such, I am hoping these extreme outliers on the right will stop getting attention. Seriously, all you have to do at this point is ignore them. Matter of fact, this thread in and of itself is helping them. Delete me.

Please be serious.

This has been the worst administration in our nation's history--that much is now beyond question--and the media has been complicit in sheltering it from the American public. That it retains any support with any segment of the public is evidence of that.

Are you mad as hell and not going to take it anymore? The irony is that you will find this boneheaded and hysterical vitriol in Paul Krugman's columns or for that matter Sy Hersh's dispatches or any number of other mainstream media apparats. Who will tell the people?

Please be serious.

Are you mad as hell and not going to take it anymore? The irony is that you will find this boneheaded and hysterical vitriol in Paul Krugman's columns or for that matter Sy Hersh's dispatches or any number of other mainstream media apparats. Who will tell the people?

silly to point to Krugman, when one could just as easily switch parties, and point to Safire coming out of retirment today to tell his fellow GOP-ers to 'cheer up...for the next counterpunch.'

Sy Hersh can lean conspiracy theory, but he can also investigate and expose things that the ruling party has gone out of there way to suppress. Is he really a liberal schill for exposing Abu Garab (sp? been a couple years). I think that was more doing his job as an investigative reporter.

Please be serious.

silly to point to Krugman, when one could just as easily switch parties, and point to Safire coming out of retirment today to tell his fellow GOP-ers to 'cheer up...for the next counterpunch.'

Sy Hersh can lean conspiracy theory, but he can also investigate and expose things that the ruling party has gone out of there way to suppress. Is he really a liberal schill for exposing Abu Garab (sp? been a couple years). I think that was more doing his job as an investigative reporter.

No hersh has broken huge and accurate stories. He has also written nonsensical rumor, such as we are bombing or invading Iran before november 7. The point is that when hersh writes his stuff, it becomes a major story--whether it is true or not. And hersh has never written a piece that reflected favorably on Bush. The notion that "Bush is the worst president ever" is hyperbole. And it's conspiracy to think there was a conscious effort of the media to cover up his "war crimes." There are cycles to everything. He is losing or has lost a war. You are going to lose politically for that. That's what just happened.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Can we at least agree that Bush is the worst president since Nixon?

• Can we at least agree that Bush is the worst president since Nixon?

Umm, Jimmy Carter?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    What a joke. Sy Hersh has been dead on because his sources are on the inside of the intelligence and military community in positions of power. Plame was outed in a despicable and conniving display of politics. Vitamin will not say that the war in Iraq is a bad idea because he is a deeply idelistic young man, who is unfortunately not very realistic about his own conservative opperatives nor power in general. I think he needs to watch the end of first blood to get some perspective.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Can we at least agree that Bush is the worst president since Nixon?

Wouldn't that matter on what your criteria was? I mean, Bush is a pretty bad president. But I would think you would have to take some other stuff into account to give him the title. Things like a shitty economy and high unemployment, etc. Interesting how none of that was bought up in the last month really.

But yeah... He's not the greatest leader by any stretch.

Funny how Krugman is bought up. I really can't stand the guy. Not because of his thoughts on the economy. His character just really bugs me.