DEMOCRATIC SENATE!!!!

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
its all up to Tester in Motana. Big farm fed, crewcut rocking ball of fury!!! bring it home baby!!!!!monty burns is a bum. he's got abramoff's smell all over him VA looks doneMizzoo is officialFATBACK, wake the fuck uppppp

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Shit is nuts.

VA isn't quite "done" yet.

U.S. Senate - 2406 of 2411 Precincts Reporting
    Name Party Votes Pct
    Webb, Jim Dem 1,151,230 49.57
    Allen, George (i) GOP 1,145,511 49.32

That's hella close.

But yeah, it looks good for the Dems...so far.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    its all up to Tester in Motana. Big farm fed, crewcut rocking ball of fury!!! bring it home baby!!!!!

monty burns is a bum. he's got abramoff's smell all over him

VA looks done
    Mizzoo is official

FATBACK, wake the fuck uppppp

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• they better not fuck it up, everyone is promising "affordable health care" let's see it

• O,where you getting the up to minute stats? some secret journalist private web garden? jesus, count these v votes the fuck up and let me get to sleep!!!

Karl Rove, the president???s top political strategist, alerted the president that the House was lost at around 11 p.m., the White House said.

"His reaction was, he was disappointed in the results in the House,??? Tony Fratto, a White House spokesman. "But he???s eager to work with both parties on his priorities over the next two years. He???s got an agenda of important issues he wants to work on, and he???s going to work with both parties."

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    It's coming down to Yellowstone County in Montana...that does not look good.

Yellowstone County, MT

Presidential politics: Yellowstone County supported George W. Bush in the last two presidential elections. According to unofficial vote totals for 2004, Bush received 40,863 votes and Kerry received 24,101 votes.

In the November 2000 race, Yellowstone County strongly supported Bush. Countywide, 33,922 people voted for Bush and 20,370 voted for Gore. Nader received 2,145 votes.

In the November 2000 election, Yellowstone County strongly supported Bush. Countywide, 33,922 people voted for Bush and 20,370 voted for Gore. Nader received 2,145 votes.

Voters: Measured by the count of citizens age 18 and older at the time of the 2000 census, Yellowstone County has the following numbers of potential voters:

Total: 95,628
    Male: 45,481 (47.6%)
    Female: 50,147 (52.4%)

Electoral College: Montana has 3 of the Electoral College's 538 votes.

I'm following on NPR's website. But here's some stuff out of VA:

EYES ON VIRGINIA
    ALLEN, WEBB SEPARATED BY 5,000 VOTES OUT OF 2.1 MILLION
    Gail 'For Rail' Parker, an independent, is a spoiler.
    BY JIM HODGES AND DAVID LERMAN
    November 8, 2006, 12:21 AM EST
    For months now, pollsters have been reminding anyone who would listen that U.S. Sen. George Allen was in trouble because he couldn't claim 50 percent of the vote. Allen still can't claim 50 percent of the vote, but 49 percent-plus could be enough for him to keep his seat.

With 97 percent of the votes counted Tuesday night, Allen and his Democratic challenger, Jim Webb, were separated by a mere 0.21 percent - less than 5,000 votes out of more than 2.1 million votes cast.

A recount is virtually guaranteed.

And in the end, the candidate playing the surprising role of spoiler for the two main-party candidates was Independent Green candidate Gail "For Rail" Parker, whose 24,000 votes would have meant victory for either Allen or Webb.

Virginia
    November 08, 2006 - 02:29AM ET (i) = incumbent = winner = runoff
    U.S. Senate - 2407 of 2411 Precincts Reporting
    Name Party Votes Pct
    Webb, Jim Dem 1,167,694 49.70
    Allen, George (i) GOP 1,155,950 49.20
    Parker, Glenda IG 25,901 1.10

• they better not fuck it up, everyone is promising "affordable health care" let's see it

saying. I just had to order meds from Canada today. (Whatup Haz, Bassie, Danno and Silvertone!)

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Yellowstone County, MT

Presidential politics: Yellowstone County supported George W. Bush in the last two presidential elections. According to unofficial vote totals for 2004, Bush received 40,863 votes and Kerry received 24,101 votes.

In the November 2000 race, Yellowstone County strongly supported Bush. Countywide, 33,922 people voted for Bush and 20,370 voted for Gore. Nader received 2,145 votes.

In the November 2000 election, Yellowstone County strongly supported Bush. Countywide, 33,922 people voted for Bush and 20,370 voted for Gore. Nader received 2,145 votes.

Voters: Measured by the count of citizens age 18 and older at the time of the 2000 census, Yellowstone County has the following numbers of potential voters:

The NPR website shows the Tester a full 3% ahead in Yellowstone county, don't know if
    that's 100% reported or not..
    We'll see, cross your fingers folks!

• arrright,im out. win or lose,im gonna be sleep deprived and crazy at work tomorrow.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

Yellowstone County, MT

RACE STATUS CANDIDATE VOTE VOTE % PRECINCTS
    Yellowstone
    Updated: 12:46 a.m. ET

Tester
    18,161 51% 43% of precincts reporting

Burns
    (Incumbent)
    16,888 47%

Jones
    811 2%

• RACE STATUS CANDIDATE VOTE VOTE % PRECINCTS
    Yellowstone
    Updated: 12:46 a.m. ET

Tester
    18,161 51% 43% of precincts reporting

Burns
    (Incumbent)
    16,888 47%

Jones
    811 2%

Don't know about y'all, but I am loving this "Jones" character right about now!!!

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    RACE STATUS CANDIDATE VOTE VOTE % PRECINCTS
    Yellowstone
    Updated: 3:01 a.m. ET

Burns
    (Incumbent)
    0 0% 0% of precincts reporting

Jones
    0 0%

Tester
    0 0%
    WTF??? all of a sudden yellowstone is back to 0%!!!! what's going on? something fishy is in the works.

• quick someone take a screen shot before the lizard people erase this thread!!!

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    everyones asleep and in Montana its getting skinnier ... the percentage going to Tester has dropped from 49.58 to 49.44 to the 49.27 below from counts on 726 & 731 precincts respectifellin - that corresponds to margin drops from about 6000 to 4800 to 3350 ..

U.S. Senate - 766 of 867 Precincts Reporting
    Name Party Votes Pct
    Tester, Jon Dem 162,294 49.27
    Burns, Conrad (i) GOP 158,675 48.17
    Jones, Stan Lib 8,454 2.57

a lot hangs on this

• its all up to Tester in Motana. Big farm fed, crewcut rocking ball of fury!!! bring it home baby!!!!!

"can I get a what wutt?"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    On the left is a photo of an Allen supporter from the Times... pretty much says it all:

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    On the left is a photo of an Allen supporter from the Times... pretty much says it all:

"Please, God, give all the Democrats AIDS like my pastor said you would!"

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    excpect a LOOONNNNNGGGGG wait for the re-count down here in virginee
    last election the state attorney general election was re-counted
    and the margin changed by 2 dozen whole votes !
    and it took untill xmas time to finish !
    yeah !

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

When Clinton was elected in 1992 I remember a classmate who was apparently unfamiliar with the succession process praying in homeroom that he would be killed so that Bush the elder could continue as president.

When Clinton was elected in 1992 I remember a classmate who was apparently unfamiliar with the succession process praying in homeroom that he would be killed so that Bush the elder could continue as president.

Maybe he really had a jones for Gore.

• You know, I thought this would make me feel better, but right now
    I am still pissed about November 2004. I woke up the next day literally
    aching like someone had hit me with a baseball bat in the stomach.
    This re-balancing of power is not doing it just yet, I want to see some
    blood in the halls of congress or in the white house. Whether it's
    period blood, or busting their fuckin face, some blood.

The Democrats are already embarrassing themselves, mere hours into
    the "new era". There is egg and liquor on their fuckin face.
    What is the difference between how they will appease the backwards-ass
    religious wackos in the U.S. versus the backwards-ass religious wackos
    in the Middle East.

And then, everybody is going to go back on angel dust, like in the 70s.
    Remember when everybody was on angel dust. Your dad was on angel dust,
    and the guy that fixed your cars, and the school bus drivers were all
    on angel dust. Now everybody's like "don't give me a reason" not to
    go back on the dust. Watch - productivity decreases, and all the cars
    fall apart, and the cars never made sense in the first place.

I want to see some shit on fire, and I am not talking about a glass pipe,
    or a mud-stained concession tent at Woodstock III.

Show me to the fire.