Republican Freefall...Is it Real?

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Man,It's looking like the Republicans are..."free, free fallin'!!!!" (as Tom Petty would say). I know here in Wisconsin, those cats are falling like anvils on Wiley Coyote. I guess folks have finally gotten tired of the lies. Holla!!! What's happening in your areas???Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• good showing for the dems. we bounced santorum's dirty ass out of office and kept our governor in for another term. we got some good house races going...i'm hoping gerlach catches an L too

my eyes are stuck on VA.....fatback, whats the status???

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    good showing for the dems. we bounced santorum's dirty ass out of office and kept our governor in for another term. we got some good house races going...i'm hoping gerlach catches an L too

my eyes are stuck on VA.....fatback, whats the status???

What's happening? A concession? What was that speech?

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    wow! if the dems can pick up mont., virg, and mizz then they take senate too. montana is looking very good right now! virginia is on some last minute battle shit. woo-hoo!

• Hey Big Stacks,

It's looking good for Doyle and Falk - same as Herb Kohl. That's all great news. But I'm bummed...the marriage referendum is going to pass, and so is the death penalty referendum. The good thing is that if Doyle is elected he's anti-death penalty and would in all likelihood veto.

But dag...I'm stunned that the marriage referendum is going to pass. I was hoping Wisconsin would have been the first state to say NO! but alas, it doesn't look like that will be the case. *Sigh*.

• my eyes are stuck on VA.....fatback, whats the status???

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Big Stacks,

It's looking good for Doyle and Falk - same as Herb Kohl. That's all great news. But I'm bummed...the marriage referendum is going to pass, and so is the death penalty referendum. The good thing is that if Doyle is elected he's anti-death penalty and would in all likelihood veto.

But dag...I'm stunned that the marriage referendum is going to pass. I was hoping Wisconsin would have been the first state to say NO! but alas, it doesn't look like that will be the case. *Sigh*.

Neither the gay marriage nor death penalty votes here surprised me. Contrary to how Wisconsin citizens WANT to view themselves, this is a conservative-ass state for the most part. Old attitudes die hard. Didn't want fascist-ass Green to be the Gov. because he would pass the concealed weapon bill. Given my ethnicity and racial issues in this city, I wouldn't feel secure. Big Black guys are threatening to some on sight. I could hear the defense now, "I felt threatened because he was walking toward me. I, I, I, I had to shoot him." And, the person would get off on a justifiable homicide given the warped racial views here, and despite my standing professionally and legally (no criminal record whatsoever). I think the issue was made clear in the trial of those off-duty cops that nearly beat that brotha to death...and got off in the city trial.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    nailbiter

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dems are gonna take Missouri.

• [and despite my standing professionally and legally (no criminal record whatsoever)

man, i KNOW you had to have gotten locked up at least once for all that ass whuppin' you used to do back in the day, P*****k

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    oh shit...dems just took the lead in mizz...with st louis still counting and tester in montana is starting to run away with it! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...i can't take it! if we take the house and the senate...IMPEACHMENT!!!!! (proceedings.)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Jim Webb just declared victory in Virginia. Recount aside, the declaration is official.

• I smell a rat in Ohio (AGAIN).

With all those contested House seats the Dems only pick up ONE?

Dude something is really wrong in Ohio...I think they pulled some shit again!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I smell a rat in Ohio (AGAIN).

Except that Ohio picked up a contested Senate seat and the governor's office.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    [and despite my standing professionally and legally (no criminal record whatsoever)

man, i KNOW you had to have gotten locked up at least once for all that ass whuppin' you used to do back in the day, P*****k

You're funny, Phill. I never said I was a choirboy, but I don't have a criminal record at all despite the blaze, drunk driving, and ass-whippin'. But, I wouldn't trust a Milwaukee redneck citizen with a concealed weapon and a beer, though. Fuck that, Mark Green could NOT get elected Governor of Wisconsin. I'm glad Jim Doyle won.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• oh shit...dems just took the lead in mizz...with st louis still counting and tester in montana is starting to run away with it! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...i can't take it! if we take the house and the senate...IMPEACHMENT!!!!! (proceedings.)

McCaskill is running this shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except that Ohio picked up a contested Senate seat and the governor's office.

which I am not mad at. just saying....

• gerlack and fitzpatrick looking like two more incumbent Ls for the repubs.
    thats in PA

theres a house seat in CT that is 99.6% done and is separated by 40 vvotes!!!!

• ha. my math is bad. 400 votes. still

• Hey Big Stacks,

That's a good point. Parts of Wisconsin (ie Madison) are quite progressive, but you're absolutely right - there's A LOT of room for improvement, especially on the racial issues you've mentioned.

I guess since voting NO on the marriage bill meant nothing changes I thought that it would have passed - because nothing changes! But it's getting beat quite handily. And now, Falk is losing by a few thousand votes. It's been going back and forth all night. I am VERY glad Mark Green will not win for Governor though.

... And now, 30 seconds later...Falk is ahead again. It looks like Attorney General is going to be the closest race in the state.

Well, I think I'm calling it a night. Cheers!

Neither the gay marriage nor death penalty votes here surprised me. Contrary to how Wisconsin citizens WANT to view themselves, this is a conversative-ass state for the most part.

Nah Rootless,

You're seeing Ohio for what it is, a redneck-ass, conversative state by-and-large. Leaving out NE Ohio (Akron, Cleveland), C Ohio (Columbus), and SW Ohio (Cincinnati and Dayton), the state is rural, conservative, and loaded with "family-value", my-grandfather's-father-my-father's-father-and-my-father-all-vote-Republican types. Like De La said "It's Realityyyyyyyyyyyy..."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Nah Rootless,

You're seeing Ohio for what it is, a redneck-ass, conversative state by-and-large. Leaving out NE Ohio (Akron, Cleveland), C Ohio (Columbus), and SW Ohio (Cincinnati and Dayton), the state is rural, conversative, and loaded with "family-value", my-grandfather's-father-my-father's-father-and-my-father-all-vote-Republican types. Like De La said "It's Realityyyyyyyyyyyy..."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I guess you're right! Schitt I will definitely not try to get no flat tire in rural Ohio...or rural fucking anywhere in this country. Those folls scare me!

Nah Rootless,

You're seeing Ohio for what it is, a redneck-ass, conversative state by-and-large. Leaving out NE Ohio (Akron, Cleveland), C Ohio (Columbus), and SW Ohio (Cincinnati and Dayton), the state is rural, conversative, and loaded with "family-value", my-grandfather's-father-my-father's-father-and-my-father-all-vote-Republican types. Like De La said "It's Realityyyyyyyyyyyy..."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I guess you're right! Schitt I will definitely not try to get no flat tire in rural Ohio...or rural fucking anywhere in this country. Those folls scare me!

Yo Rootless,

Here's anecdote for you. My wife (girlfried at the time) and I were on our way to North Kakalak to see my folks, down South Interstate 77. We needed gas and were hungry. So, we stopped at a Burger King in Marietta, Ohio (oops). Anyway, while in line for our food, we overheard some redneck couple say to themselves, "What are those niggers doing here?" There are some areas of that state that folks of color and other "different" people dare to tread. I wouldn't expect any liberal voting by the majority of the populace of that state. Think of places like Defiance, Lodi, Portsmouth, Wooster, Zanesville, and Steubenville, and imagine how the "typical citizen" there likely voted.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• steubenville! i been there. isnt that where traci lords is from?

rural america IS scary. i CANT imaGine how exponentially more sketchy it gets if you are a minority.

i got fucked with by cops in: florida panhandle, mobile alabama,small town oregon, east texas...man,rural areas scare me too! guns held to my head, get outta town, we pulled you over cause your liscence plate lights were out, and general harassment.

• steubenville! i been there. isnt that where traci lords is from?

rural america IS scary. i CANT imaGine how exponentially more sketchy it gets if you are a minority.

i got fucked with by cops in: florida panhandle, mobile alabama,small town oregon, east texas...man,rural areas scare me too! guns held to my head, get outta town, we pulled you over cause your liscence plate lights were out, and general harassment.

man, I thought about schitt like that when you were taking your cross-country sabbatical a few years back, tripdub... as a black man I would NEVER do no schitt like that in this country, even in 2006 when things are suppossedly better than the bad old days. I just picture myself getting pulled over on some deserted highway in the boondocks and never being heard from again. Schitt, I ain't too crazy about driving from Philly to Harrisburg, either... all that schitt between Philly and Pittsburgh seems like hillbilly country too if ya ask me.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Man,

It's looking like the Republicans are..."free, free fallin'!!!!" (as Tom Petty would say). I know here in Wisconsin, those cats are falling like anvils on Wiley Coyote. I guess folks have finally gotten tired of the lies. Holla!!! What's happening in your areas???

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Because of course Democrats never lie.

Man,

It's looking like the Republicans are..."free, free fallin'!!!!" (as Tom Petty would say). I know here in Wisconsin, those cats are falling like anvils on Wiley Coyote. I guess folks have finally gotten tired of the lies. Holla!!! What's happening in your areas???

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Because of course Democrats never lie.

Yo man, I'm not even that naive. It's simply the lesser of two evils.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak