The return of the song you're feeling

On_the_Red_ClayOn_the_Red_Clay 1,728 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Trashy piano / bass / drums workout with sixties vocals? yes please!

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I'm feeling the disco-strut of El Coco's Let's Get It Together

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    sly boogie - sly boogie thats my name - HueroSoul remix

• Trashy piano / bass / drums workout with sixties vocals? yes please!

cosign

hot as balls in my apartment, no a/c.. can't sleep.. so i threw this together.. i started and couldn't stop until it was done. sort of.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Picked up a common Four Tops (Motown69) LP two weeks ago, its been on and off the SL-1200 the past few days, there's the dooopest version of California Dreamin' on this, real nice, uprightbassline/ acoustic guitar groove, with a psychsouladelical vocal, plus the strings intro sounds like Xzibit's Paparazzi joint...can't front !!!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Love that intro???porrrrn makes me wanna reach out and touch Tamiko.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

Wasub Dawg

Yeah, when I hear this it always makes me kinda reminisce, so sweet... I didnt recognize the Tamiko LPcover though, I have this with a diffrent one, with Tamiko looking foxy all dressed to kill in a blueish show outfit, its on Arista, also have the Johnny Bristol (MGM) LP with this song, as far as I recall its his song....right? This piano line also reminds me of a Guns And Roses hit, cant remember the title.... (September Rain???)

peaceout-

• AzusaAzusa 7 Posts

Wasub Dawg

Yeah, when I hear this it always makes me kinda reminisce, so sweet... I didnt recognize the Tamiko LPcover though, I have this with a diffrent one, with Tamiko looking foxy all dressed to kill in a blueish show outfit, its on Arista, also have the Johnny Bristol (MGM) LP with this song, as far as I recall its his song....right? This piano line also reminds me of a Guns And Roses hit, cant remember the title.... (September Rain???)

peaceout-

I didn't even know this was a cover song. I'm not surprised though, there are other covers on this LP (Rev. McD's Feel Like Making Love, etc.) The copy I posted up is the issue that came out on the Atlantis label, not sure if it came out before or after the Arista, all I know is that song is very grown & sexy. The intro reminds me of a less raw version of Betty Wright's Clean Up Woman

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Wasub Dawg

peaceout-

I didn't even know this was a cover song. I'm not surprised though, there are other covers on this LP (Rev. McD's Feel Like Making Love, etc.) The copy I posted up is the issue that came out on the Atlantis label, not sure if it came out before or after the Arista, all I know is that song is very grown & sexy. The intro reminds me of a less raw version of Betty Wright's Clean Up Woman

Yeah, like UpskiBoo, I've got it with this cover:

and on this one the song is called "Touch Me Baby". The music is the same, and the song is written by Johnny Bristol. I don't have his version, though. "Read Me Right" is porrrrn as well. I remember you used to have that song on your pimp tapes, Upski.