What has Billy Garner recorded apart from.....

Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Brand New GirlYou Wastin My TimeI Got SomeSuper Duper Love (Joss Stone got chart fame from biting it)Are there any I'm missing?I heard he never did an LP, but correct me thats wrong.

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    There's an lp on Fast Track & couple other non lp singles like 'freak & you shall find'...

---

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    What kind of money does the LP change hands for? Its gotta be fairly raer.

• Options
    A BIlly Gardner played organ on the Ray Alexander Technique LP - always wondered if this was he (and a typo).

K.

What kind of money does the LP change hands for? Its gotta be fairly raer.

theres a repro of the lp that is easily findable - an orig might go for 50 to 75? It doesn't turn up all that frequently, but the label had mainstream distribution so it definitely got 'out'.

the New Day 45s are a different story though, purely local Detroit & much harder to find.

---

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    .....and 'Your wasting my time' pretty much blows too.

must disagree - "YWMT" is great - not as awesome as "Got Some", sure - but still good...

---

Brand New Girl is off the hook though.

I put it above above YWMT and Got Some.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts

must disagree - "YWMT" is great - not as awesome as "Got Some", sure - but still good...

---

Well I sold my copy - just far too monotonous, locks the groove and goes nowhere. Nowhere near as good for the party as 'Brand new girl' or for the warmup of 'I got some'.......so not good enough for me.

---

Well I sold my copy - just far too monotonous, locks the groove and goes nowhere. Nowhere near as good for the party as 'Brand new girl' or for the warmup of 'I got some'.......so not good enough for me.

Isn't that Brother Dave Gardner in yer avatar?

"YMWT" is pretty repetitious, yeah.

YWMT is like him whining & complaining that his girl needs to 'give it up' cause of all the time & dough he invested, "Got Some" is him screaming from the mountaintop after he finally gets him some 'satisfaction'...

Brand New Girl is all uptempo & party moving though, wonder why they never released it at the time?

---

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

"You???re Wasting My Time/ Pt. 2" (New Day DD-100/ 101)
    "I Got Some/ Pt. 2" (New Day 102)*
    "Super Duper Love/ Pt. 2" (Fast Track 2501)** 1974
    "Sugar Pie/ Keep Movin??? On" (Fast Track 2503)** 1975
    "Love Bug/ Too Much, Too Soon" (Fast Track 2504)** 1975
    "Freak And You Shall Find/ Same (long version)" (Mainstream 5577)**

* as Billy (Sugar Billy) Garner
    ** as Sugar Billy

Plus the "Brand New Girl" single on BGP from a few years ago.

Thanks for the hook up man. It was all in the name. I was looking for Billy Garner and getting nothing and the dude recorded almost all his reckids as Sugar Billy. All of a sudden theres a ishtload of reckids.

Has anyone got the LP?

Are the tracks on a similar vibe to YWMT / Brand New Girl etc?

I've only heard two of the LP tracks and it sounds a bit weak so far.

the lp is good, it just isn't as raw & blazing as the New Day recordings( done for producer Dave Hamilton & likely featuring the same house band as played on Robert Jay's 'Alcohol', stuff on TCB/Demoristic etc...)

one of the nicest 45 label designs ever:

• wow.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    how much does that shit go for? ive never seen it on ebay, ever!

$49.99 man.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4732827874&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

You have now.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

G+

this is that same shit was making me mad the other day here... idoits and folls bidding up shit copies of good records... absolutely senseless

I saw it get to a certain price and then thought nahhh, they're buggin.

Thats probably an expensive example. Ebay's a bitch for that kinda nonsense.

"I Got Some" is about 50 times harder-to-find than "Wasting My Time".

never seen it on ebay either - it's like rocking-horse shit ( that makes 'hens-teeth' look dollarbin common).

my copy of 'Got Some' is optimistically in Gplus condition, some 45s you are just happy to have period, regardless of condition...

---