Election Day 2006 Predictions

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
1) There will be a higher percentage of votes cast for Independent/Libertarian candidates than in any other election over the last 100 years.2) Only 40-45% of voting eligible citizens will actually vote.3) If the Republicans lose control of both the Congress & Senate they will bow their heads in shame, put their tails between their legs, shut up and go home.4) If the Democrats don't take control of both the Congress & Senate they will blame voting machines, voter fraud and initiate lawsuits.5) A percentage of illegal aliens, using the same fake SS ID they use to get jobs, will vote illegally.6) Many races around the country will be too close to call by midnight tomorrow and some will require "run-offs".7) Sometime during the Network Election coverage some genius will suggest that we PAY citizens to vote.If tomorrow proves me wrong you're all welcome to shove my predictions where the sun don't shine.....until then it's all speculation.

Comments

• 5) A percentage of illegal aliens, using the same fake SS ID they use to
    get jobs, will vote illegally.

well someone should if 55%-60% of the eligible population won't.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Some good interactive maps for Governor/Senate/House elections.

Pollster.com

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Arnold Schwarzenegger for president!

• 3) If the Republicans lose control of both the Congress & Senate they will bow
    their heads in shame, put their tails between their legs, shut up and go home.

4) If the Democrats don't take control of both the Congress & Senate they will
    blame voting machines, voter fraud and initiate lawsuits.

i agree. because we all know that republicans play by the rules and democrats are spoiled sports.

i predict the republicans gain seats and in at least several close races republican candidates recieve 100% of the vote.

what up samp???

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    1) There will be a higher percentage of votes cast for Independent/Libertarian
    candidates than in any other election over the last 100 years.

If I were an asshole, I would make you bet on this because I already know that Perot's independent campaign in 92 garnered more votes (19%) than all the independents are gonna get this year. Voter disatisfaction is going to lead to the same thing it always leads to every year: a change in the ruling party a the legislative/executive level, not growing independent support.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

2) Only 40-45% of voting eligible citizens will actually vote.

I think youre hoping for too much, this is a non-presidential election

as for my hope that republicans will lose the house I'm not counting on it

remember these dudes prediction in 2004?

and there is also the power of technology

hopefully we can fool ourselves into the hope of having a fair election in 2008

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

3) If the Republicans lose control of both the Congress & Senate they will bow

5) A percentage of illegal aliens, using the same fake SS ID they use to

6) Many races around the country will be too close to call by midnight tomorrow
    and some will require "run-offs".

7) Sometime during the Network Election coverage some genius will suggest that we
    PAY citizens to vote.

If tomorrow proves me wrong you're all welcome to shove my predictions where the sun don't shine.....until then it's all speculation.

1) No

2) You mean registered. Only a small prescent of eligible are registered.

3) Joke?

4) Yes.

5) No. There is no proff of this happening in the past that I know of. Illegal aliens tend to keep away from officialdom whenever possible. Since there is no personal gain from voting why would someone risk deportation and jail?

6) No doubt some will.

7) Yes. Plus AZ has a ballot measure to pay a lot of money to one lucky voter each election.

My predictions:
    1) Dems will pick up some seats in congress and senate.

2) Also in many state capitols.

3) They will not gain a majority in the house or senate in DC.

4) Despite falling far short of all predictions they will continue to believe they are smarter than the republicans.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    40% or less turn out to vote

Democrats take over House, not the Senate

The result is political deadlock between the Democrats in the House and the Republicans in the Senate, plus Bush in the White House.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    It would be nice if the Dems could at least capture the House so that we can get even a modicum of oversight on this douchebag-infested government we have right now. But I can't shake the feeling that it won't happen because Republicans know how to get elected. They don't particularly know how to govern--not this bunch, at any rate--but getting elected? Oh yeah, they've got that down. Especially with low voter turnout, which we're likely to have. On the other side, Dems don't campaign very well. It just doeesn't bode well at all. By all accounts, the GOP should get its ass kicked. But you can't underestimate the massive advantage GOPers have when it comes to campaigning. If only they were a tenth as good as policy as they are at politics....

That said, as long as Man-on-Dog Santorum gets shown the door, that is a victory in and of itself.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    It will all come down to the individual voting districts and races. The majority of Americans are not happy with Bush, but that doesn't mean anything for the elections. Did they take polls of likely voters or just a sample of Americans? Plus the media has been pointing out that with re-districting over the last couple years there are more Republican districts than Democratic ones. Still, most analysts have been saying that the Republicans are going to lose the House and that the Democrats will gain in the Senate, but not take control.

In general, both parties have been running similar campaigns, namely going negative and saying as much bad stuff about their opponents as possible.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

7) Sometime during the Network Election coverage some genius will suggest that we
    PAY citizens to vote.

If tomorrow proves me wrong you're all welcome to shove my predictions where the sun don't shine.....until then it's all speculation.

1) No I should have specified "Mid-Term" election
    [/b]
    2) You mean registered. Only a small prescent of eligible are registered. Yes, registered[/b]

3) Joke? Tongue so far in my cheek I almost choked[/b]

4) Yes.

5) No. There is no proff of this happening in the past that I know of. Illegal aliens tend to keep away from officialdom whenever possible. Since there is no personal gain from voting why would someone risk deportation and jail? There was definite proof of this happening in Cali last election....it's what motivated the photo ID bill.[/b]

6) No doubt some will.

7) Yes. Plus AZ has a ballot measure to pay a lot of money to one lucky voter each election.

My predictions:

4) Despite falling far short of all predictions they will continue to believe they are smarter than the republicans.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

That said, as long as Man-on-Dog Santorum gets shown the door, that is a victory in and of itself.

just moved to philly from california where my vote will certainly carry a lot more weight.

5) No. There is no proff of this happening in the past that I know of. Illegal aliens tend to keep away from officialdom whenever possible. Since there is no personal gain from voting why would someone risk deportation and jail? There was definite proof of this happening in Cali last election....it's what motivated the photo ID bill.[/b]
    I did a quick web search and found lots of allegations of illegal immigrants voting. I did not find one case of it actually happening.

Voting fraud is illegal, and not hard to prove. Yet, there is very little fraud ever found. Lots and lots of alligations, but at the end of the day no proof. Lots of II have voting cards, as a form of ID, but they are not voting.

• Dems on the left. Fascists, I mean Republicans, on the right. Go ahead waste your vote!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

5) No.
    I did a quick web search and found lots of allegations of illegal immigrants voting. I did not find one case of it actually happening.

Voting fraud is illegal, and not hard to prove. Yet, there is very little fraud ever found. Lots and lots of alligations, but at the end of the day no proof. Lots of II have voting cards, as a form of ID, but they are not voting.

I found cases of verified voter fraud by illegal immigrants in Hawaii, Florida and Cali. None of the voters were charged with a crime as the government felt that they just misunderstood the law, and assumed they COULD vote because they were given a Voter Registration forms when they applied for a Drivers License.

Rep. Flake of AZ. who was mentioned on SS earlier today authored a bill to help prevent voter fraud by BOTH illegal immigrants and convicted felons. It's obviously a concern.

While I don't think the number of illegal votes came anywhere close to swaying an election outcome one way or the other. It has indeed happened and in at least some cases, overzealous and possibly misinformed campaign workers have gone as far as to recruit illegals to register to vote.

My predictions:

Lets see how I did:
    1 A bit more than some.
    2 Looking better than some.
    3 WRONG
    4 Oh, good God, now they are going to think they are some sort of Einstein.

Firing Rumsfeld was Rove's first move.

Rove's next 2 years are going to be about rebuilding a majority and grooming the next president. I listened to a little of Christian talk radio today. One thing they are saying is they did not vote against conservatives, they voted for conservative Ds and against corrupt Rs. To me this is good news. For 12 years the Rs owned religious voters, not just Evangelicals but Catholics and others. Well you can't read the Bible for long and not get disgusted with politicians who work against feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, sheltering the homeless, comforting the sick and visiting the imprisoned. Politicians who set out to destroy Gods creation and allow polluters to poison people, simply do not have any values.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Rep. Flake of AZ. who was mentioned on SS earlier today authored a bill to help prevent voter fraud by BOTH illegal immigrants and convicted felons. It's obviously a concern.

If they are already convicted, why shouldn't they be able to vote?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts

PAY citizens to vote.

Time to change your name to Rockadamus, right ?