weekend finds

fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
actually, its my "week finds" and i bought most of the records on a recordshow (except from the reissue 45s and the hiphop records) the john schroeder 7 inch, the novi singers, dizzy gillespie, p.u.t.s. (the b-side) and the booker t. averheart reissue got to be the illest records i??ve bought in a long time. AND the jaylib - no dollar, no toke promo 12 inch

Comments

• holy shit is that Soul Commanders 45 OG????

anyway I got some $1 45s...the highlights include:

and this!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    never mind

• Latest finds...

• haha no, all the seven 45s there and the booklet with the "7" cover is from a reissue 7 inch pack stonesthrow (now again) made.

Bob James "Touchdown" and Bob James "H" in two
    different finds posts in the same thread: can the
    end truly be any closer?

• Don't forget the copy of Bob James "Heads" up there as well.
    it is truly the end times.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    wfmu finds. damn that shit was overwhelming. so many dealers i started forgetting where i had been and doubling up on boxes. definitely glad i went. del jones is a reish.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Bob James "Touchdown" and Bob James "H" in two
    different finds posts in the same thread: can the
    end truly be any closer?

I'm surprised this thread took so long to start clowning on the free bin "scores".
    Come on Strutters are you getting soft!

• I'm surprised this thread took so long to start clowning on the free bin "scores".
    Come on Strutters are you getting soft!

Cot damn, let a man live in peace with his Al Di Meola!!!

But seriously, lurkers, get your shit together - there's only so much irony one man can take.

• haha wtf, im not frontin here like "this is the shit", i buyed one expensive record that day, and i did??nt have too much money when it was done, so i bought the cheap but good records i felt it was dumb that i did??nt have.. everyone should have a complete bob james collection anyways, even if the records is cheap.
    you definitely won??t pay much for them. haha.
    im not on some 50 years & up fryer mantis shit, paying 597690480 GBP for a 45..

im not on some 50 years & up fryer mantis shit.

What does this mean? Is this some new lingo I'm not up on or complete gibberish?

Don't everybody get all worked up, it's all for laughs.

I gotta disagree that "everyone needs" a copy of Bob James Heads though.

I'll probably keep my copy of BJ1 w/"Nautilus" forever, for what that's worth.

Dudes, floss whatever you want. But don't get too surprised when you
    get called on dollarbin joints. It happens.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

im not on some 50 years & up fryer mantis shit.

What does this mean? Is this some new lingo I'm not up on or complete gibberish?

I'm guessing: old 45 collector geezers on the fryer board with plenty of ?????? to spend.

Thanks for the translation...
    Kids these days what'll they think of next.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    didn't spend too much money at wfmu. mostly raided the dollar table right at the beginning of the show--

but, here is proof that i do better at flea markets and thrifts. all 50 cents-a dollar ea. and yes, all the soul/oldies records are in vg+ - nm shape.

• Freddyfades, nice finds. There are some great tracks on that Tornedo LP.