thats racist (YTR)

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
this just gets a big wtf. And the bboy stance/ice grill at the end made me throw up in my mouth a lil bit.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    why is this racist?

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    cause as a white man, im offended/embarrassed by this spectacle.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    cause as a white man, im offended/embarrassed by this spectacle.

I'm pretty sure that as a Paraguayan midget you'd still be offended by it.

Ever seen the Teen Witch rap?

haha no and i hopefully never will. I just find it real tacky when people make a mockery out of a race or cultures behavior. Just the way the white dude is rapping is insulting to black people imo. Kinda like when ted danson put on blackface and went out to some social events with whoppie.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    haha no and i hopefully never will. I just find it real tacky when people make a mockery out of a race or cultures behavior. Just the way the white dude is rapping is insulting to black people imo. Kinda like when ted danson put on blackface and went out to some social events with whoppie.

I present a soulstrut classic

and on the clip you posted, they were rapping a classic sugary pop song by the Archies (you really can't get any whiter than that)

I don't think it resembles a racist effort towards black folks but rather a cheesy rap that, if anything, insults white people.

• haha no and i hopefully never will. I just find it real tacky when people make a mockery out of a race or cultures behavior. Just the way the white dude is rapping is insulting to black people imo. Kinda like when ted danson put on blackface and went out to some social events with whoppie.

Hip-hop has been mass produced, packaged and sold to the entire world. I think that makes it ripe for mockery across the entire spectrum. White people like Weird Al have been making a mockery of it for years. This shit is certainly silly but hardly racist.

and on the clip you posted, they were rapping a classic sugary pop song by the Archies (you really can't get any whiter than that)

I don't think it resembles a racist effort towards black folks but rather a cheesy rap that, if anything, insults white people.
    haha whats really funny is that i watched that bill maher vid you posted first and i was like WTF is this guzzo cat trying to parallel with some white dudes singing suga suga? Then i saw the edited teenwitch shit. But yeah i dont think they thought it was racist when they did that shit, but it came off like "damn homie...:(" Its just bad taste and rude to go do some dumb shit like that.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Both of those clips are frightening.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

haha whats really funny is that i watched that bill maher vid you posted first and i was like WTF is this guzzo cat trying to parallel with some white dudes singing suga suga?

I've been hungover all morning and my thread posting game is out of wack.

That Bill Maher clip was going to be something I was going to give its own thread.

• I remember still that the Sugarhill gang was having a top hit once, it's completely unknown to me what causes were involved in hip hop being a music style. But as long as people cherish the frtuis of it, I don't care. Just that it amazes me completely after all.
    Probably it's success was partly that it offers this 'ghetto style' excitement, which seems to appeal to discomfort in the sens that people feel like 'being put away like a futile person living in a block in an unnamed town'. The more you use your rap/voice, the more this fact is compromized. Because, let's face it, the raps and beats are quite monotoneous and seriously a-musical, though rhythmical they have something to offer, I must say, in cases.
    Hehe, not sure about being a racist now, not intending to cause any harm in any case. A racist you have to be clearly and on purpose, otherwise you're just misunderstood I guess.

• I remember still that the Sugarhill gang was having a top hit once, it's completely unknown to me what causes were involved in hip hop being a music style. But as long as people cherish the frtuis of it, I don't care. Just that it amazes me completely after all.
    Probably it's success was partly that it offers this 'ghetto style' excitement, which seems to appeal to discomfort in the sens that people feel like 'being put away like a futile person living in a block in an unnamed town'. The more you use your rap/voice, the more this fact is compromized. Because, let's face it, the raps and beats are quite monotoneous and seriously a-musical, though rhythmical they have something to offer, I must say, in cases.
    Hehe, not sure about being a racist now, not intending to cause any harm in any case. A racist you have to be clearly and on purpose, otherwise you're just misunderstood I guess.

What?

What?
    Meaning that you understand 90% of what I type, but your ego is too big to consider other options than to respond like a blunt shithead. No matter, I have other business than to post for a dying out kind of species of 'beathead' persons who despise one another silently because they all need the same record at the same time. A new for of - ism. I guess.

I remember still that the Sugarhill gang was having a top hit once, it's completely unknown to me what causes were involved in hip hop being a music style. But as long as people cherish the frtuis of it, I don't care. Just that it amazes me completely after all.

Whutttt!?!

I remember still that the Sugarhill gang was having a top hit once, it's completely unknown to me what causes were involved in hip hop being a music style. But as long as people cherish the frtuis of it, I don't care. Just that it amazes me completely after all.

What?
    Meaning that you understand 90% of what I type, but your ego is too big to consider other options than to respond like a blunt shithead. No matter, I have other business than to post for a dying out kind of species of 'beathead' persons who despise one another silently because they all need the same record at the same time.
    A new for of - ism. I guess.

OKAYYY!!!!!!!!

What?
    Meaning that you understand 90% of what I type, but your ego is too big to consider other options than to respond like a blunt shithead. No matter, I have other business than to post for a dying out kind of species of 'beathead' persons who despise one another silently because they all need the same record at the same time.

Dude, if you're trying to sound smart you're failing miserably.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

no, this is pretty damn incomprehensible. i have no idea what you're trying to say.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

What?

I'm assuming English isn't your first language because the above is incomprehensible. No one's dismissing the validity of your point, they just can't understand it.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

this just gets a big wtf. And the bboy stance/ice grill at the end made me throw up in my mouth a lil bit.

This is for "screening purposes only, resale or rental are prohibited". I don't think it is legal for a site with ads to post this.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

What?

OKAYYY!!!!!!!!

WOW!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I need to correct a terrible historical inaccuracy here.

Ted Danson appeared ONCE in blackface at a Friar's Club Roast of Whoopi(his then girlfriend). He then told jokes ABOUT and WRITTEN BY WHOOPI, at an event where racist and sexist jokes(the raunchier the better) are THE NORM and in the context of the Roast.
    Granted, I would not have had the nads or interest to attempt it, but it's not as though Ted Danson was out burning crosses at the offices of the NAACP or pulling a Mel Gibson. Tempest in a teapot.

• ...or pulling a Mel Gibson. Tempest in a teapot.

A little off topic but when I saw Borat yesterday they had a preview for the new Mel Gibson movie. When his name came up the crowd started booing him.

I wasn't try to label him as a malicious racist more of just racism by dumb ass actions. thats why i used him as a reference. He thought it was cool to imitate that and portray that like nothing was wrong with it, but it was in real bad taste. kinda like how these guys here are doing this lil rap, but it comes across as a real bad look.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I wasn't try to label him as a malicious racist more of just racism by dumb ass actions. thats why i used him as a reference. He thought it was cool to imitate that and portray that like nothing was wrong with it, but it was in real bad taste. kinda like how these guys here are doing this lil rap, but it comes across as a real bad look.

That's my point, though, the whole event was all about bad taste! That's why he did it. It was a completely conscious decision to go completely over the top, so real bad taste was only a consideration in regards to how far out they wanted to go! I understand that people can easily look like morons when mocking things in a racial fashion, but I think using the Ted Danson/Whoopi Friar's Club incident as a gold standard for bad looks shows a complete lack of understanding of CONTEXT.

but seriously this whole topic just leads me to conclude that white people are silly bitches.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

but seriously this whole topic just leads me to conclude that white people are silly bitches.
    =racist. The reasoning behind this thread is

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i dont this thread at all...are u guys being ironic or something? what was racist behind the video clip? i watched it, i laughed, you should do the same.

i was pretty much just joking about the whole racial thing from the jump off so i didnt really expect this much convo about it. I entertained the discussion for a lil while but its not really serious at all. but it does make my internal whiteness cringe a little bit.

i should have retitled this thread to "Watch silly white people do silly white people antics"

• What's up my crackers?

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

What?

I'm assuming English isn't your first language because the above is incomprehensible. No one's dismissing the validity of your point, they just can't understand it.

This thread was meant to expose homeboy's efforts @ english. They were awesome and right on the money and made me think real hard...and then of course have the biggest giggle-fit I've had since I was high on opium and taking hits of nitrous. OH SHIT. Tha was redonkulously funny. Danno 3000 is so on the money. This guy has such a huge point...it's awesome and I totally appreciate it. My man, where are you from? Let me be the first to welcome you: Welcome to the stut, you'll fit in perfectly. I'm completely serious too.

BTW, that Teen Witch clip is the shit because I rocked out to that on
    Nickelodeon back in the day. Top that. She's a much better MC than him, IMO.