Seller Envy (Ebay Related)

MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
OK, maybe it's dumb to post this but I thought it was pretty funny.From time to time I'll watch seller bobdjukic auctions on Ebay. His html is a nightmare to read but he always seems to get top dollar so I get a kick out of watching his stuff. So tonight I'm killing some time and come accross this guy: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlplegends4uQQhtZ-1 His listing style had me cracking up...exact rip-off of bobdjukic's. the Todd Rundgren listing is classic! Any other examples of blatant seller worship out there? GOOD LUCK FINDING THIS LOW PRICE W/THIS QUALITY OF SAX!

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    is that the guys who always has shit like

GOOD LUCK FINDING ANOTHER STILL SEALED COPY OF THIS!

etc?

That guy gets the most ridiculous money for the most ordinary records.

• Yes, same guy...hard to read/overwritten descriptions but seems to pay off. I figured he was pretty well known.

I swear to god I've seen him get like $163.49 for random Sly and the Family Stone lp that he swore had to be "one of the first 5 copies pressed!"

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    "NICEST WHT LBL, PROMO COPY OF THIS WE'VE SEEN IN YEARS"

Very Dusty Groove! If I had the 'nice one!' graemlin I'd use it...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Hell fucking yeah

• "We grade ALL records under a strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight"
    This seems an odd thing to state. Basically means they're not grading the record by holding it under a strong lightbulb.

• Bob might be a bit eccentric with the descriptions... but he is a pro... knows his schitt... has high standards for what he picks up... and works the ebay hustle hard (and has been)

Careful you guys or it'll be a moment!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    "We grade ALL records under a strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight"
    This seems an odd thing to state. Basically means they're not grading the record by holding it under a strong lightbulb.

We do all grading after a good night's sleep, a balanced meal and coffee (but not too much), so we are alert but also calm, of a sound mind because, ultimately, it's all about the sound.

• "We grade ALL records under a strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight"
    ... But we're actually quite lame in our gradings but nobody ever dare leaving us a negative feedback, that's why we have a 5000+ positive rating