Steve Harvey

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
What's the deal with this foll? He's kinda mesmerizing in a weird way. For a comedian, he's not funny at all but yet I can't change the channel when he's on the tube. Something bout his crazy mustache and neatly trimmed hairline just trip me out. hahaDiscuss.

Comments

• jonthedjjonthedj 30 Posts
    "Original Kings of Comedy" Brilliant DVD- watch it if you haven't. Steve is hilarious. Lately I see him on network TV and mainstream movies and he can be lame at times... but his stand up is off the hook.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    What kind of name is "the Hi-Tops" for a 70's funk band? Sounds like an early 80's power pop band to me.

(On his sitcom THE STEVE HARVEY SHOW, Steve plays a former funk star teaching at a Chicago high school. Every now and then there are references to the Hi-Tops, his old band.)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I remember Steve wasn't funny neither was Cedric. I rememember that DVD overall kinda sucked. I remember DL Hughley being funny and Bernie Mac being funny too but the rest were wack.

ECEAP

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Steve is hilarious.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I remember Steve wasn't funny neither was Cedric. I rememember that DVD overall kinda sucked. I remember DL Hughley being funny and Bernie Mac being funny too but the rest were wack.

ECEAP

Steve pretty showed all the typical traits of "older folks": bagging on the youth's cloeths, music etc while claiming his generation's music was simply flawless and he's got some mesmering false teeth.

Cedric killed it.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

ECEAP

Steve pretty showed all the typical traits of "older folks": bagging on the youth's cloeths, music etc while claiming his generation's music was simply flawless and he's got some mesmering false teeth.

Bernie Mac[/b] killed it.

I love Cedric, but Bernie was the star of that show. Notice who went on last....wasn't nobody gonna follow Bernie.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

I agree. Bernie Mac was the standout on that one. Cedric I never really think is very funny, at least not on any of his recent material (any TV show, Johnson Family Vacation, on and on). Steve Harvey is OK, nothing standout, but he can be funny. I think he was actually funnier when he did an interview on the radio locally than he has been on actual "comedy" shows/tours. DL can be funny but (IMO) he needs to move more away from the sliver of Comicview material he's known for and more towards Bernie Mac status.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    I'm not the biggest fan but I think it's interesting that on his morning show on 100.3 FM out here they play "Greedy G" as background music

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    dude just lost his morning show here in LA to john salley

kinna wack, harvey did a lot for the hood, gave part of every paycheck to hood foundations here in LA...

• jonthedjjonthedj 30 Posts
    Everyone in Kings of Comedy was Damn funny... How can you diss Steve Harvey???
    Especially the scene where he takes that guy in the audience's coat... that had me rollin'. Modern Cedric i find wack but he was funny in that movie too. The part where hes talkin' bout how it would be when black men are driving spaceships... very funny.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    How can you diss Steve Harvey???
    Especially the scene where he takes that guy in the audience's coat... that had me rollin'.

Word. That shit was mad funny when Steve Harvey kept clownin' that thug dude in the front row. Harvey asked him how he made money and the thug dude said "Computer Technology." Harvey said yeah right, dude you can't even spell computer technology!"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Steve Harvey is not funny, and will never be funny. He did have one good moment picking on dude in the front row, but the average hood cat on the corner coulda did that. Cedric and Bernie Mac were showing their asses in KOC.