New record store coming to DC?

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Anybody know anything about "Red Onion Records" coming to DC? They are apparently building out on 18th Street NW (near T) and look to open next month. I welcome the competition and also need a place to shop on my days off. Any info appreciated. And if Red Onion's on the board then come out and say howdy.

Comments

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I haven't heard of it, but you know what? I wouldn't be surprised if having another store in your vicinity adds to your traffic/business instead of taking away, y'know? That's only like what, 4 blocks away? Perfect for walking between the two.

• I haven't heard of it, but you know what? I wouldn't be surprised if having another store in your vicinity adds to your traffic/business instead of taking away, y'know? That's only like what, 4 blocks away? Perfect for walking between the two.

Got a little more info: apparently this is a used book AND record store and the guy is moving up here from Harrisonburg, VA. His location is perfectly between Som Records, Crooked Beat and Second Story Books. DC will finally have a little record loop like the East Village, The Haight, South Street, and Little Five Points. It's all good.

• NevilleC,

Where are you located in the District? I will be in NOVA for XMAS and will drop in. Should be a nice trip. I'm in NYC to check $Checks shop too. Put aside your digital reggae 12"s and weird records that suck.