Austin Aftermath

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Here at work trying to shake the cobwebs out from a 3 day whirlwind ARC. Seems like less and less big discoveries/finds but it appeared that everyone did score some good stuff on the cheap. Great food......better music and some damn good folks to share it with.SS was represented well and it was a blast to talk to some of y'all.Ironfeet, who has to be the hardest working digger on the planet....never saw him take a break as he was digging deeper than most.... his partner in crime UTR were both a blast, thanks for making my kid feel like one of the gang.Friday night at the Hotel was smaller than usual but the music was face melting and keeping up partywise with the likes of Coffinjoe, Cool Chris and GeneP is no small feat....(though there were no naps for me batches!!!)Saturday night Dave was the host with the most at FOS and the music being spun there was next level for sure......Pointman played a gospel cut that made my brain explode and NRich wowed us with his ARC finds.....Good to see Andy N. the luckiest man on earth who's better half is any diggers dream....pretty AND digs!!!Thanks for letting us hang.Saturday night Part II at the Hotel broke up after 3:AM and I'm feeling it today.Later on tonight I'll post some finds......The one thing I was hoping to find didn't pan out as I never saw Harvey Canal!Thanks to everyone....it was a blast!

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    HarveyCanal was at the show for about 3 hours Saturday and then a couple of hours at that tail end of yesterday that were spent spent hauling off about 1500 rap records.

Only strutter I ran into was tuneup.

• Thanks everyone in Austin for looking out for a lurkin' ass mofo. The Texas Hospitality was in full effect. As for the show, I knocked off a few rap wants, upgraded a couple records, and overall had a blast. Thanks to R*ch and crew for the meal, FoS for the BBQ (and the sweet potatoes!) and everyone else for just being there. Good food, good people and good records, what else can you ask for?

• I had a blast! And the hospitality was incredible! Thanks to The man with Coolhands, The DR. Rockadelic (The FOOD was Great!), Count Coffin Joe, NRICH, Cool Chris, Gene P. and everyone else I forgot to mention! I have to say I did find some very cool weird stuff and I got the most from Dr Rocadelic with about 15-20 records in 1 shot and I forgot to check the to bottom boxes

And for those who missed out on the UndertheRadar VS. Ironfeet snoring battle, UndertheRadar was the Champ coming out on top with the teeth Grinding Snore

And the Friends of Sound was a nice spot! Found some good stuff! Thanks again to all yall!!! I hope to put a little compilation of what I found shortly....

OH and I all most forgot Coolhands I left one of my records in your shop please mail back when you get a chance you know the one!

• PAUL and L**** represented Cali nicely. Two chill, down-to-earth cats. Rock is right, Ironfeet STAYS diggin' in the crates.

It was an awesome weekend of great music and camraderie. Hope WFMU goes just as well for all who are doing that scene.

I found a ton of white dood records that I posted on Waxidermy.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    just taking a minute to say thanks to everyone i saw.....

Driving down this time was a bit of a mistake, in regards to the amount of time spent at the show and with all of you struttin folks....

saw my good friends Rockadelic (dude i owe you a mega sized margarita for all of your help....everyone should know that Rich is one top shelf guy...one of the best), the king of friendly Mr. Coffin Joe who truly is a super nice guy and one that deserves a wall mural as a testament to his greatness, Dave from Friends of Sound (I meant what i said in regards to the pictures and posters....and I'll probably get them rekkids out to you soon), Nrich who turned me on to a killer 45 and who is a super nice dude, Gene P i know you were there and it's too bad that we didn't get to chat, Harvey good to see you, Cool Chris who earns that tag name...really a solid guy. And if I'm forgetting to mention anyone else...you were just dandy too.

next time I'm spendin more time and gettin' some damn BBQ and some Hoover's action.

Talk to you all soon.

Cheers,

Aaron

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    just taking a minute to say thanks to everyone i saw.....

Driving down this time was a bit of a mistake, in regards to the amount of time spent at the show and with all of you struttin folks....

saw my good friends Rockadelic (dude i owe you a mega sized margarita for all of your help....everyone should know that Rich is one top shelf guy...one of the best), the king of friendly Mr. Coffin Joe who truly is a super nice guy and one that deserves a wall mural as a testament to his greatness, Dave from Friends of Sound (I meant what i said in regards to the pictures and posters....and I'll probably get them rekkids out to you soon), Nrich who turned me on to a killer 45 and who is a super nice dude, Gene P i know you were there and it's too bad that we didn't get to chat, Harvey good to see you, Cool Chris who earns that tag name...really a solid guy. And if I'm forgetting to mention anyone else...you were just dandy too.

next time I'm spendin more time and gettin' some damn BBQ and some Hoover's action.

Talk to you all soon.

Cheers,

Aaron

Aaron....great to see you too....I know the trip took it's toll and we missed you during the evening festivities. Next time fly into Dallas and spend a day digging up here and then I'll drive you down to ARC....see you next Fall!!!

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Raer was found, traded, ogled, and sometime then fondled.

Special shout out to DJCoolHands, DJCoolWife, and DJellyBean for the VIP treatment.

Everybody came with the heat at one point of the weekend. Just to endorse ARC, R*ch, I found that gospel record there 2-3 years back.

The Milwaukee-Chicago 45 crew represented hard this show. Northern funk exposure was delt, I learned about a couple 45's from yonder ways and a couple from my neck of the woods I didn't know about. Some serious trades are definately to come in the future.

CoffinJoe hooked me up with the Alton Ellis raer while Indiana Chris and Coolhands hashed out a trade next to us. Super dope.

Delroy from Jamaica was about the friendliest bastard I have ever met. If everyone in Jamaica is that friendly it must be a wonderful place to live. Except that I can only understand every third word spoken. He came correct with the Jamaican unproofed white rum Friday night at the Waxploitation show. I didn't know a thing about that stuff until that night. Noel made me a drink with it while I was playing up on stage. I took a first unsuspecting sip while cueing up another 45, it was so strong once it hit my mouth I spit-sprayed the crowd below. I'm sorry if I spit rum on any of you.

The TX crew rep'd well. Nrich found a damn record on the cheap I've been after for sometime now. Bastard! Coolhands was basically my record digging personal trainer, I would be ready to head out of ARC and then he would talk me into going through a few more boxes. One more! You can dig another box! Come one flip those records!

San Diego (which of course in German means a whale's vagina) were some hard workin' mofos for sure. Thanks Ironfootsies for the mixes. I don't care if you guys found records or not, you both live in an amazing city with the best weather in the country. You can find other ways to blow your time, like bringing the portable to the beach or whatever.

Cool Chris, who is honestly the only reason I still bring trades with me to Austin, kept it real as ever. Gotta be the only person I know who if he wanted to trade me a sealed record he claimed was good that I've never heard and haven't a clue of value I would most likely trade. Guy just shows up with a grip of crazy ass bay area shit I know nothing about and it's all dope as hell of course, I didn't get a chance to trade this time but I'm going to be calling.

• iconicon 86 Posts
    The 10 or so records Chris had in his box were worth more than my entire booth. All sealed in immaculate condition like they were recent pressings or something, of course they weren't, just super clean.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I had a blast! And the hospitality was incredible! Thanks to The man with Coolhands, The DR. Rockadelic (The FOOD was Great!), Count Coffin Joe, NRICH, Cool Chris, Gene P. and everyone else I forgot to mention! I have to say I did find some very cool weird stuff and I got the most from Dr Rocadelic with about 15-20 records in 1 shot and I forgot to check the to bottom boxes

And for those who missed out on the UndertheRadar VS. Ironfeet snoring battle, UndertheRadar was the Champ coming out on top with the teeth Grinding Snore

And the Friends of Sound was a nice spot! Found some good stuff! Thanks again to all yall!!! I hope to put a little compilation of what I found shortly....

OH and I all most forgot Coolhands I left one of my records in your shop please mail back when you get a chance you know the one!

WOW!!!! Just got done listening to the Manilla mix and it blew me away....NOW I know why you dig so deep!

PM me your mailing address so I can get a package out to you.

Saving "Magic Record" for the drive home.

• Good to see everyone again, TX constituants are always the epitome of graciousness.

Ironfeet, thnx for the 2 nice mixes. Love the sunshine pop stuff..

I guess it'll be a year before we do it again as they dont have a spot for the spring, right??

Maybe we'll get off our asses and start the 'youngmans' record show in MKE we've been talking about.

andy