Sal Watts RIP

teddyrossoteddyrosso 268 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Hi,your Solomon King record has arrived yesterday, but it was totally damaged. I received it warped and BROKEN !!! Look at the pictures in the attachment! Let me tell you something:If the record has not been broken when you mailed it out this only could happen because of your EXTREMELY BAD PACKAGE!! This is not a $ 5 record but a $ 277 record!!! And a $ 277 record needs more than a good package!!So I am not in the mood to take the loss of $ 277!! This is a nightmare to me! This is the most expensive record I have ever purchased through ebay and it arrived BROKEN, only because you are not able to pack it in the right way. So dont tell me that you are not responsable for damage during shipping!YOU ARE RESPONSABLE if you pack an extremely expensive record this way!! You have enough experience in shipping records to know that!!And dont tell me that I should have chosen insured shipping - NO INSURANCE would pay for a damage like this if you pack it this way! And why dont you send it by priority shipping?? It took nearly two weeks to arrive - this was never sent by airmail as I told you!So I dont want to have paid $ 277 for NOTHING!! Therefore please REFUND MY MONEY!! IT WAS YOUR FAULT!!If you are a serious and fair seller you will give a refund!If you dont refund the payment or send another Solomon King record I MUST leave negative feedback and I MUST report it to ebay and paypal!Please reply immediately!XXXI am the seller here, I must say to my defence, I probably could have packedit a bit better. But by the looks of it, it would'nt have made any difference!

Comments

• Same with the Wolgang Dauner lp, it's the german postal service "fuckin' it up" story all over again ..

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Man that sucks!

I have had that happen a couple of times with cats in europe(always just 2 cardboard slabs taped with no protection of the vinyl what so ever!)

I hope you get your money,product or something back!

Peace
    Adrian

• I sold this, so it's on my back really, although it wasn't packed all that bad. I will probably have to reinburst the buyer, if we can't get something decent out of german postal insurance laws.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    i received a mint copy of the coffy ost
    won it for 60 bucks
    dude packed it in a frail euro envelope
    snapped in half
    i sent it back to dude packed the way it should've been sent-in a raised cardboard mailer designed for records not fucking paper documents
    i got a refund but i'd rather have the wax
    was this solomon king ost the copy that was posted for sale on ebay within the last month?
    i wanted that shit

• yes

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    You really have to write "fragile" + "do not bend" in huge letters to avoid these mishaps. Although sometimes it gets ignored, it's always a benefit.

Some postal workers automatically assume that they can bend a package if it isn't marked/labeled for special care. Not saying that it's right, but it's often the case.

Take this from someone who used to work in mail.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    let me know if you have any problems with german sellers. i could try to call them or sth. bad packing is just nasty. people over here KNOW that you have to pack vinyl records well. there are special mailers for 30 cents over here. people selling records know that. german sellers are very sloppy and most will NEVER pack ANY record in an appropriate way. why? i don't know...

so let me know if there's anything i can do for you from here.

consider me your friend! i wanna help!

• fucking hell.

yesterday i got word from a Gemm customer that his record arrived cracked. It wasn't my fault because the record was packed perfectly safe & sent airmail day after purchase.

of course he wants a full refund. I say no. Gemm emails back saying that they want us to work this out. I reply to Gemm that there is nothing to work out, i fulfulled my end of the deal, no insurance was paid, end of story. Gemm emails back saying that a full refund has been issued to the buyer.

Moral of story, if you buy a record off gemm, you can get your money back. YOU DON'T NEED ANY PROOF OF DAMAGE. Gemm's sloppy ass will refund the buyer in full, no questions asked, in an attempt to look good to credit card companies. i wouldn't even post this on here but i'm assuming not many people will read this thread. Either way, i immediately removed about $3,000 worth of records from my Gemm account. This is worse than ebay chargebacks, at least on ebay you have feedback to wreckon with.

here is how gemm sells it to the sellers.

***There is potential for abuse of GEMM's refund policy by customers and that may be the cost of doing business through GEMM, mail order, and the internet.***

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    fucking hell.

yesterday i got word from a Gemm customer that his record arrived cracked. It wasn't my fault because the record was packed perfectly safe & sent airmail day after purchase.

of course he wants a full refund. I say no. Gemm emails back saying that they want us to work this out. I reply to Gemm that there is nothing to work out, i fulfulled my end of the deal, no insurance was paid, end of story. Gemm emails back saying that a full refund has been issued to the buyer.

Moral of story, if you buy a record off gemm, you can get your money back. YOU DON'T NEED ANY PROOF OF DAMAGE. Gemm's sloppy ass will refund the buyer in full, no questions asked, in an attempt to look good to credit card companies. i wouldn't even post this on here but i'm assuming not many people will read this thread. Either way, i immediately removed about $3,000 worth of records from my Gemm account. This is worse than ebay chargebacks, at least on ebay you have feedback to wreckon with.

here is how gemm sells it to the sellers.

***There is potential for abuse of GEMM's refund policy by customers and that may be the cost of doing business through GEMM, mail order, and the internet.***

feel free to pm me his name. i know some guys over here who would easily cheat on ANY foreign seller.

i recieved my frank roberts four lp (it's your thing) broke and that guy never replied to any of my emails. his packing was just terrible. i know his name and if i ever meet him in real life, i'll smack his ass! i'm pretty sure he sent it broke. the package was undamaged...

• I had a record broken recently by the Italian post, got pics, paid a full refund... waiting to see if the post will refund me. Probably not

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

feel free to pm me his name. i know some guys over here who would easily cheat on ANY foreign seller.

i recieved my frank roberts four lp (it's your thing) broke and that guy never replied to any of my emails. his packing was just terrible. i know his name and if i ever meet him in real life, i'll smack his ass! i'm pretty sure he sent it broke. the package was undamaged...

oh, by the way, that seller was also a german guy (from berlin). the only two records that arrived broke were sent by german sellers. so be careful.

the worst buyers are from france. seems like they always try to tell you that their record got lost. half of the french buyers are asking for refunds, so i decided to only send registered packages to france. i pay fo registry, because i had to give refunds six times already!

• Gemm always fucks the seller... even if a customer claims a never received record after a half year! ....happened to me with our great collectro marcofunk alias beppesoul.... if customer wants the refund, gemm cuts it from your balance!