L.I.E. Posse prize czec (random rap related)

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Found this weird 12" and can't seem to find any reference to it - wasn't in Mr Fresh's book:Lyrics In Effect (L.I.E.) Posse - A bit too smooth b/w Get the message 12"It's on the Dope Beat label, and the label itself is red with black text. Appears to be a fairly obscure kinda random rap thing. A-side is a rap that wouldn't sound that outta place on the funky skunk mix, with a loop of JBs 'same beat' and drum machine over the top. The b-side sounds more typically late 80s dre influenced. C'mon - I'm keeping within my one every 6months limit so no clowning!

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    C'mon,
    where ym random rap headz at?

• I know I have a Lyrics In Effect 12" somewhere alright but I cant remember the name of it. I'll have a root around for it later to see if its the same one...

• given the ever-flagging winds of random rap, the high ceiling on this is probably anywhere from $50-80 (abt the going price for the other, more known LIE Posse single, "Rough Material" (Dope Beat, 1989)) to $2,000 (depending on which permutation of the world's handful or so of insane trigger-happy heavyassweight random rap collectors already have this). I'm guessing it's somewhere between "Rough Material" and Raw Dope Posse; definitely less than Live and Direct Posse but way more than Kickin Live Posse.

can you mp3 it? I'm curious about this.

I'll be happy to sell it for the discount price of $1,000.

• given the ever-flagging winds of random rap, the high ceiling on this is probably anywhere from $50-80 (abt the going price for the other, more known LIE Posse single, "Rough Material" (Dope Beat, 1989)) to $2,000 (depending on which permutation of the world's handful or so of insane trigger-happy heavyassweight random rap collectors already have this). I'm guessing it's somewhere between "Rough Material" and Raw Dope Posse; definitely less than Live and Direct Posse but way more than Kickin Live Posse.

can you mp3 it? I'm curious about this.

rough material goes for a little over 50. i didnt know they had another 12
    is it good?

To those who wanna hear it - i would be happy to make a soundfile of it if only i had the ability to do so.

And yes, it is good. A-side is over a loop of the JB's 'same beat' and the rhyming reminds me of that 'dealing with aces' track that shadow used on 'funky skunk.' The b-side is a bit more westcoast sounding and I think its a Zapp loop or something similar.