HEDGE/CORN MAZES

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
these look so funhas anyone here ever done them? what do people do if they can't find their way out?

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    You ever see "The Shining?" Those can be kind of scary too! LOL

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i might be doing one for the first time this saturday out in Livermore someplace. My friend tells me they have guides inside the maze to prevent folks from freaking out. the mazes are man made crop formations but still pretty freaky if you find yourself alone in one. the adult ones take anywhere from 30minutes to upwards to 1.5 hours to finish if you dont ask for help. have fun.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

totally! there are a couple night corn mazes here locally which sound so awesome. they need to have a night maze where they have a bunch of fog machines overhead and blast nurse with wound or something

• My memory isn't very good but I remember there beign some big man-made maze my folks took me to when I was young. It was either 2 hours north or south of the city, can't recall.

I did love that shit though.

My memory isn't very good but I remember there beign some big man-made maze my folks took me to when I was young. It was either 2 hours north or south of the city, can't recall.

Was it the Dell'Osso farm maze in Lathrop? my friend said that this one took him and hour and a half and he started freaking out near the end cause everyone had gone.

rkwpark, which maze are going to in the bay area? i only know of the petaluma and lathrop one

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I guess I wasn't the only one who thougth about this movie when I saw the title of this thread.

its out in livermore.
    heres the webpage

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    what do people do if they can't find their way out?

the first time i did acid, my friends thought it would be fun to go to the hedge maze on Centre Island just off Toronto. it is at the south end of the Island, right by the picnic areas and it is a fraction of what is pictured above, for children really. i began to panic almost right away. i was 'fuck this' and decided to climb through the hedges to get out. to keep its shape, the hedges had wire running through them...which i got totally tangled in. i panicked even more and swore a lot and yelled for help. i finally got free and walked into a family picnic that was right on the other side. we stared at each other for what felt like a long time. my friends rescued me and took me to the beach so i could cool out.

**if you ever visit it - the way out is the same as the way in.

• these are the shit! i went to one in portland (sauvie island oregon but whatever) and took the map with me. my typography nerd ass could follow it and figure out which part of the drawing and letters we were in.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    In montreal, there's a maze in an big old warehouse. They move the walls every week. There was also a huge one with glass walls. That was a mindfcuk.

• I'm suppose to got to a haunted corn maze this weekend. Should be alot of fun.

• illest corn maze design evarrr:

• these look so fun

has anyone here ever done them? what do people do if they can't find their way out?

Yeah they are pretty fun...I did one last year in Indiana (couldn't find any pics online, it's shaped like a turkey), got lost (it was dark and my wife was reading the map wrong, haha). Did the same corn maze this year during the day, got through it in about 45 minutes.

First time we went through (in the dark), we were so happy we found the end...but it was actually the emergency exit. We spent so much time getting lost inside that we just sat out and waited for the rest of the crew to make it out.

The people in charge usually go in and get people if they're totally lost.

• You ever see "The Shining?" Those can be kind of scary too! LOL
    thats in estes park colorado. its real i seen it!

• i might be doing one for the first time this saturday out in Livermore someplace. My friend tells me they have guides inside the maze to prevent folks from freaking out. the mazes are man made crop formations but still pretty freaky if you find yourself alone in one. the adult ones take anywhere from 30minutes to upwards to 1.5 hours to finish if you dont ask for help. have fun.

I have pretty much never thought of crop pattern mazes until...this thread...and now...I MUST PARTAKE! I want to go soso bad. Where is the one in Livermore? Near the science lab? Mini Golf? Please provide w/info or any sort of maze-fun near the Oakland area.

these are the shit! i went to one in portland (sauvie island oregon but whatever) and took the map with me. my typography nerd ass could follow it and figure out which part of the drawing and letters we were in.

this is also hilarious to me...i can imagine nerdy thinking patterns...'damn slab serif! fooled me again!' ligatures prolly work well for this mazy stuff.

Where is the one in Livermore?

rkwpark posted a link to the livermore maze. that one says to call 2 days in advance

anyway, i found some pictures on flickr of mazes at night. it looks really scary

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    When I was living in the UK, I use to love to travel and hit up places with Hedge mazes.

Growing up tho, I use to be scured of the massive corn field by my house. Watching Children of the Corn @ age 10 and then going out there late at night with friends and trying to get lost was some fucked up shit.

Where is the one in Livermore?

rkwpark posted a link to the livermore maze. that one says to call 2 days in advance

i think the 2day advance reservation is for groups, im actually getting stoked for this, it beats going to great america or gyros world of terror.

i did the corn maze in lathrop, ca last night. this damn thing was 35 acres and took over an hour to complete. we walked in circles a few times.

the view from one of the elevated bridges

it was fun. still wish we had topiary mazes in the states though

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    thats in estes park colorado. its real i seen it!

That hedge maze wasn't real... they built it on the set.

I've stayed in that hotel before. Dope place, but no maze.

• I'm so dying to run thru one of them mazes!!! I think it would be hella fun! I wonder if they have them in Lincoln, NE????

I'm so dying to run thru one of them mazes!!! I think it would be hella fun! I wonder if they have them in Lincoln, NE????

there's two in nebraska

http://www.cornfieldmaze.com/nebraska.html

• I'm so dying to run thru one of them mazes!!! I think it would be hella fun! I wonder if they have them in Lincoln, NE????

this site will be very useful - too bad the one in NE isn't open on fridays..... I'ma try & get Soulhawk & some of the Motor City headz to head to the one in Lansing this sunday....

this site will be very useful - too bad the one in NE isn't open on fridays.....

Isn't the whole sate of NE a Frickin' corn maze?

I'm so dying to run thru one of them mazes!!! I think it would be hella fun! I wonder if they have them in Lincoln, NE????

this site will be very useful - too bad the one in NE isn't open on fridays.....

which one are you looking at? the Benson Farms one in Denton, NE is open on Fridays and is actually much closer to Lincoln than the other one.

the corn looks dead from the overhead shot though.

• which one are you looking at? the Benson Farms one in Denton, NE is open on Fridays and is actually much closer to Lincoln than the other one.

I looked at the one in Nickerson (I really have no clue where anything is in that state). i thought 85 miles was good.... I may go solo on friday!!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Is that a Port-o-John? WTF? Like the light at the end of the tunnel...