THE WINE THREAD

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
GOING ON YELLOWTAIL CAB SAUVPOST UP YOUR FAVES, CHEAP OR NOTI NEED TO MAKE A WINE RUN SOONDEAL

Comments

• champange of course and savioungblanc batches.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    champange of course and savioungblanc batches.

rad

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Young Mark,

Yellowtail is straight garbation. Plaese to get serious son. It's too late to post all the pictures now, but I will go BUCKWILD in this thread tomorrow morning with my cup of Yorkshire gold. Here is a preview pic from the wine cellar at Mom's crib. THE REALNESS................ Plaese believe it. You wanna battle? 1975 Chateau Lafite Rothschild. I'm rockin' doubles hommie.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

the best red wine on the cheap ($6 to $10)...hands down!

tasty champagne for a reasonable ($50-$60 ish) price

tasty champagne for a reasonable ($50-$60 ish) price

Veuve Clicquot orange label is $35 to $38 a bottle at Costco! Love it.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I'm pulling Napa raers on my days off.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I currently prefer Spanish and Portugese stuff, because the quality increased in recent years and it??s not as overprized as a lot of French and Italian stuff.
    Regarding white wine I dig the German stuff, esp. Riesling

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Young Mark,

Yellowtail is straight garbation. Plaese to get serious son. It's too late to post all the pictures now, but I will go BUCKWILD in this thread tomorrow morning with my cup of Yorkshire gold. Here is a preview pic from the wine cellar at Mom's crib. THE REALNESS................ Plaese believe it. You wanna battle? 1975 Chateau Lafite Rothschild. I'm rockin' doubles hommie.

1975 was a cracking vintage for Lafite Rothschild- that's close to a $1k of wine in those two bottles right there. What else is lurking in that cellar?

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Probably the complete opposite for real headz, but i like this time of year for wines. Holiday wines and the like, spiced apple wine even. Dump a bottle in the crock pot and let it go.

On the real stuff, i like oak aged over the stuff from steel casks. My lady has taken me out to a few wine tastings and we always have a good time.

• Yellowtail is straight garbation.

Cosign

I hate that in NYC, you have to go to a "wine store"

In Cali, you could buy a decent bottle at Longs Drugs!!!

• In Cali, you could buy a decent bottle at Trader Joe's!!!

• In Cali, you could buy a decent bottle at Trader Joe's!!!

somewhat less remarkable, as you can also do that in NYC - despite having to go to a separate Trader Joes "wine store", which the regular Trader Joes employees can't tell you the exact location of.

Damn blue laws.

I currently prefer Spanish and Portugese stuff, because the quality increased in recent years and it??s not as overprized as a lot of French and Italian stuff.

LOTS of good Spanish wines that are far cheaper than a lot of the French joints. "Muga Riojas" people.

• Yellowtail is straight garbation.

Yellowtail is the Budweiser of wine producing. There just looking for big numbers and watery flavor.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

How can I score an invite to Mom's crib?

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

LOTS of good Spanish wines that are far cheaper than a lot of the French joints. "Muga Riojas" people.

Good French wine is not expensive. I am drinking a great C??tes du Ventoux right now. Didn't cost more than 5 or 6 Euro. French wine is the best and that's a fact. Don't tell me about Californian or South African or wine, please. Or Riesling!! It's a culture that's running real deep. You can go to any big supermarket at shoppig mall in France and get the best wine. To me it's a beautiful thing how serious and passionate French people are when it comes to wine (and food in general off course).

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    French wine is the best and that's a fact. Don't tell me about Californian or South African or wine, please. Or Riesling!! It's a culture that's running real deep. You can go to any big supermarket at shoppig mall in France and get the best wine. To me it's a beautiful thing how serious and passionate French people are when it comes to wine (and food in general off course).

The days of French wine being the best is an antiquated idea. With global warming and atmosphere changes, good grapes will continue to flourish/emerge in newer regions than France and Italy. Talkin that "BEST" stuff is just silly.

Australia
    South Africa
    Chile
    Spain
    America
    Portugal
    and others are expanding the wine game(and have been).

There is no heirarchy.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I got a rack of Willamette Valley Pinot Noirs this weekend. Fuck all that frog juice.

Act like you know.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I got a rack of Willamette Valley Pinot Noirs this weekend. Fuck all that frog juice.

Act like you know.

Oregon stand up!!!

GOING ON YELLOWTAIL CAB SAUV

• Tej Ethiopian Honey Wine.

I love me some Awaze Tibs and Harar beer, but that fucking honey wine sucks Somali nutbags!

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    I rock Ravenswood for reds.

• I love me some Awaze Tibs and Harar beer, but that fucking honey wine sucks Somali nutbags!

You keep eating and drinking that stuff and see what happens to that gut, i'll be happily sipping my honey wine and maintaining my health over here.

What's gonna happen?

• DUNLAP SYNDROME

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    French wine is the best and that's a fact. Don't tell me about Californian or South African or wine, please. Or Riesling!! It's a culture that's running real deep. You can go to any big supermarket at shoppig mall in France and get the best wine. To me it's a beautiful thing how serious and passionate French people are when it comes to wine (and food in general off course).

The days of French wine being the best is an antiquated idea. With global warming and atmosphere changes, good grapes will continue to flourish/emerge in newer regions than France and Italy. Talkin that "BEST" stuff is just silly.

Australia
    South Africa
    Chile
    Spain
    America
    Portugal
    and others are expanding the wine game(and have been).

There is no heirarchy.

Call me silly but In my opinion there are more factors that make a good wine than the amount of sunshine. It's the soil too and who is doing it. No disrespect to countries like Chile, South Africa or Australia but these places have no history or culture when it comes to wine.

It's same with music. I love my Euro raers but when I have to pack up my 10 records for the Island there will be no MPS or Poets of Rhythm in my box. Strictly Coltrane and All Green.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

i eat a lot of pasta

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Act like you know.

Oregon stand up!!!

Texans who lived in Oregon for a little while stand up!!!