I'm (Prolly) spinning at Root Down tomorrow

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
As I'm making my to The City Of Angeles this weekend, I holled at Miles and he said I could get on the 1 & 2's for a little set. There's some other thing Miles & Egon is doing on saturday which I think I'll be bum rushing as well. So all strutters rep!!!!

Comments

• The sat night thing is dope- called funky sole. played up there a few times. well worth it. i will try and roll through one if not both...

• No disrespect and congrats on your gigs and whatnot but shouldn't this be posted in the announcements forum?

• I love it when people outside of moderators play hall cop

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I think this post is just fine here. I'd go and see georges too if i wasn't way out in the middle of nowhere...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    As I'm making my to The City Of Angeles this weekend, I holled at Miles and he said I could get on the 1 & 2's for a little set. There's some other thing Miles & Egon is doing on saturday which I think I'll be bum rushing as well. So all strutters rep!!!!

Dope. All of those guys are good dudes. I don't think I'll be able to make it () but rock that shit homie!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    No disrespect and congrats on your gigs and whatnot but shouldn't this be posted in the announcements forum?

eat a dick up and hiccup

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    rad I would go if I didn't have work

still got tons of 12"
    holler if you want a dael

• No disrespect and congrats on your gigs and whatnot but shouldn't this be posted in the announcements forum?

eat a dick up and hiccup

Mylanta (I keeed) - you've been PM'ed

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Fuck me, my perspective on Root down is: a mythical place where all my dreams come true.

i have heard of this night from folks in 5 countries (Sweden, NZ, Australia, Germany and the Netherlands) everyone raves about it.

saw a breakestra show a few years back and miles was one of the nicest dudes ive ever had the pleasure of chatting with.

wish i could be there.

fuck soulstrut rules sometimes.

• Fuck me, my perspective on Root down is: a mythical place where all my dreams come true.

i have heard of this night from folks in 5 countries (Sweden, NZ, Australia, Germany and the Netherlands) everyone raves about it.

it's a pretty awesome spot!! I didn't get to do my 1-2 thing cuz of my flight being delayed three hours. I arrived at the spot at 1am and Mark the 45 King was on the Microwave (I missed him doing his 45 thing) for his birthday jumpoff!!!! It was walking into an LA party and seeing NYC so fully repped!!! Crazy Legs was also in the house!!! It's an event not to be missed if you're coming to LA.

the holy trinity of funk nights in the US - Root Down, Funk Night in Detroit & Bumpshop in NYC.