Pelican eats pigeon

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar...icc=picbox&ct=5Children aghast as pelican swallows pigeon whole[/b]Families strolling through a London park were left shocked when a pelican picked up and swallowed an unsuspecting pigeon.The Eastern White pelican struggled with the desperately frantic pigeon in its beak for more than 20 minutes before swallowing it whole.The moment was caught on camera by photographer Cathal McNaughton, who was taking pictures of the wildlife in St James's Park.The pigeon was still alive when it reached the pelican's stomach, he said.

Comments

• just tryna eat damn why don't y'all get off this fool's case.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    a guy that i work with was deployed out to gitmo for security in the bay. he went to take a piss off the back of the boat when a pelican flew and landed about 3 feet off of him in the water. the damn pelican got directly in front of the stream and took it all in his mouth.

i'll never look at pelicans the same again.

• Wow...thats more disturbing than the pigons we saw eating a hot dog in san francisco.

Animals are going nuts, Whats next?.....Rabbits gang raping a deer?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    a guy that i work with was deployed out to gitmo for security in the bay. he went to take a piss off the back of the boat when a pelican flew and landed about 3 feet off of him in the water. the damn pelican got directly in front of the stream and took it all in his mouth.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Maybe it's cause I'm in New York, but there are a lot of club footed pigeons here. I have also seen pigeons eating pieces of chicken on multiple occasions. That Pelican is the mack though.

• Animals are going nuts, Whats next?.....Rabbits gang raping a deer?

Hopefully that'll make it onto YouTube.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Maybe it's cause I'm in New York, but there are a lot of club footed pigeons here. I have also seen pigeons eating pieces of chicken on multiple occasions. That Pelican is the mack though.

Yeah, we have a lot of stubby legged pigeons in SF too. You see them more around the business district and China town area. I always feel sorry for them.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

but did the bird look him in the eye? its just not the same if they dont look you in the eye...

oh, and:

just tryna eat damn why don't y'all get off this fool's case.

BA HAHAHAHAHA! just spat my coffee.

• Is it just me, or does that pigeon look completely resigned to the fact that he's lunch?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    Different Pelican, Different Pigeon, same result.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/249287/pelican_eats_pigeo

Good. dirty, little flying rats.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    That shit was ill.

Wouldn't live pigeon, thrashing with beak and feet present some, uh, dangers to an animal trying to swallow it live? I can't imagine that pelican's stomach lining looked so hot.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    just last week, a kid at the BART station screamed at a pigeon on the platform and it slapped me in the forehead with its wing as it flew away.

i don't feel bad for pigeons anymore

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    When I was younger I had a friend who would always chase pigeons. I swear to god he was 18 and acted like a 12 year-old.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Wouldn't live pigeon, thrashing with beak and feet present some, uh, dangers to an animal trying to swallow it live? I can't imagine that pelican's stomach lining looked so hot.

that's what i was thinking too.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    just last week, a kid at the BART station screamed at a pigeon on the platform and it slapped me in the forehead with its wing as it flew away.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

they just want to continue to fight with me

every day in Dam Square, Amsterdam tourists happily take photos of the pigeons climbing all over their children.

rats with wings.

stupid birds. cant even fly right.

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    when a big dude outbid you on ebay, you are...an..."unsuspecting pigeon"

graemlin please

thats a dove.

HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

• Lord. I see where some knuckle dragger got the idea for a Turducken.

Gotta hand it to him though - he's one determined mf. Imagine if your lunch was trying to escape like that.... would you you do the hard yards?

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

Yeah, we have a lot of stubby legged pigeons in SF too. You see them more around the business district and China town area. I always feel sorry for them.

I was at a Subway in Boston eating a sandwich a few years back when a one-legged pigeon hobbled up to my table to beg for food. I tossed it a piece of bread and it put down the leg it was hiding and ran over to get the bread. Goddamn gypsy pigeon faker!

STOP PIGEON DISABILITY FRAUD

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    The Pelican knows what's up. He got a free lunch. Whenever I eat Pigeon it costs me $12.99 for the damn thing and all I get it some spicy salt on the side...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I just had some pigeon w/ the aforementioned spicy salt on Monday. At the same meal I had some GEODUCK sliced extra thin, hah. I ate some of it raw and some of it quickly cooked in hotpot.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I just had some pigeon w/ the aforementioned spicy salt on Monday. At the same meal I had some GEODUCK sliced extra thin, hah. I ate some of it raw and some of it quickly cooked in hotpot.

The return of geoduck photoshop spam?

We can only hope...