AG

33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Continuing With more upcoming releases...I am looking forward to AG' Get Dirty Radio LP dropping in a month. I was pretty happy with the Madlib track when I heard it a year ago... Very Un-madlib like which to me is the bet thing he could do for AG.We got the 12" in and its pretty nice with a dope J Dilla track on the B side...Besides those two tracks I have only heard one other track from the Album.Anyone else checking for this release? I think its going to be solid.

Comments

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    damn thats not good... I am trying to get a promo to check it. The Frozen single is dope as fuck though.

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
    I'm always checking for AG.

He's one of my personal favorite MCs. From Runaway Slave to Full Scale he stayed tight, concise, + consistent..... even that Dirty Version record had some serious joints.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    What about Show's beat???? and Dimaond D's track?

• extremely disappointed by this. all the dj design beats were waaaaaaaaack.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    AG is on some shit.
    I've been rockin the promo for a while now. Its a good release. The 12" is very dope.

• I'm a huge AG fan this album was

I don't know who dj design is but he needs to NEVER make another beat for a rap album again. The lord finesse and showbiz songs were good.

I don't want to be like he should just be on DITC beats because i don't want to pigeonhole him, but he needs to stay farrrrrrrrr away from the wack beats on this album.

p.s. DJ DESIGN whoever you are. YOU SUCK!

Horrible album as far as beats go. AG holds it down as usual.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I heard the promo yesterday at the radio station I'm at. Y'all don't like the beats that much, but I felt like the biggest problem was A.G.'s lyrics. He is really showing his age and the fact that he hasn't changed that much since the DITC heyday. I thought that DJ Design's beats and Lord Finesse's tracks were solid, though Design has done better when he was with Foreign Legion. The real issue is that A.G. and Design have completely incompatible styles and the result doesn't really mesh like you want it to.

Certainly not , but not either.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I like the new single, but I prefer to reminisce about AG`s good old days.

• Yeah, not too good. I was feeling a handful of songs (maybe four), but the majority did nothing to me, lyrically and beat-wise.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    how come he stopped making lp's with show?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

DJ DESIGN is good people!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I have only heard the Madlib song (it's pretty cool, nothing to write home about - although it definitely doesn't "sound" like Madlib.) And I haven't heard the DJ Design joint but I have some shit that he's done in the past that is dope.