Heat vs. the Pistons (Game 3 whining)

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    big up to lindsay hunter. i got a love/hate relationship with him, but my man's got some SERIOUS heart... so old, but so good.

R$, didn't Lindsey almost hit you in his car last year or something??

Soo funny - please tell me that story is true!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Kobe was considered to be the next Jordan too, but it was obvious who was the glue of the winning Lakers.

WRONG!!! "the glue" didn't win shit before Kobe and he aint winning shit any time soon.........

Wade is the truth...but he can't sniff Kobe's nuts....different offense....different support...different style..different roles....different expectations...etc...etc...etc....

Wade is very nice...but PLEASE!!!!...send his ass to the Cavaliers then talk to me

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Kobe was considered to be the next Jordan too, but it was obvious who was the glue of the winning Lakers.

WRONG!!! "the glue" didn't win shit before Kobe and he aint winning shit any time soon.........

Wade is the truth...but he can't sniff Kobe's nuts....different offense....different support...different style..different roles....different expectations...etc...etc...etc....

Wade is very nice...but PLEASE!!!!...send his ass to the Cavaliers then talk to me

LOL this is exactly why we needed you Ed!!!!

If I or anyone else had said that, they would come off as a total herb.

oh god, that was funny as hell and true.

big up to lindsay hunter. i got a love/hate relationship with him, but my man's got some SERIOUS heart... so old, but so good.

WORD. nothing but love for Lindsey Hunter. Didn't he lose a brother or something a couple years ago? anyway yea, he had a lot of tough shit to go through, and I remember him being one of my favorite Lakers when he was on the team. He definitely got heart.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Man, the NBA is ready to make Dwayne Wade out to be Michael Jordan. The boy is good, but the only way to prove dude's greatness can only be if he didn't have Shaq.

What?

Dwyane took an average Marquette team to the Final Fucking Four and was averaging 16 ppg as a rookie, before Shaq joined the Heat. He will only become greater as time progresses.

Coselmed knows what's up! It only took one game for me to see that Wade was the truth. Errbody was all talkin' about Lebron and Carmelo when they came into the league, then I see Wade's 1st NBA game and I'm like "who the f**k is this dude???" (I don't follow college ball, but I learned about his exploits at Marquette later.) His 1st game he was sonnin' dudes like they were the rookies and he was the seasoned vet! Can he sniff Kobe's ballsac? (PASUE) I don't think he'd want to. Kobe is a great talent, one the greatest NBA talents ever IMO. But he is definitely lacking something, and I think it has something to do with his character more than anything else. Ego is important and every great player has it, but I think his goes over the line and alienates him from the dudes he plays with- NOT a good thing in a team sport. Trust me, if I'm starting an NBA team I would take D. Wade over Kobe every time.. I don't even have to think about that one.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Man, the NBA is ready to make Dwayne Wade out to be Michael Jordan. The boy is good, but the only way to prove dude's greatness can only be if he didn't have Shaq.

What?

Dwyane took an average Marquette team to the Final Fucking Four and was averaging 16 ppg as a rookie, before Shaq joined the Heat. He will only become greater as time progresses.

Coselmed knows what's up! It only took one game for me to see that Wade was the truth. Errbody was all talkin' about Lebron and Carmelo when they came into the league, then I see Wade's 1st NBA game and I'm like "who the f**k is this dude???" (I don't follow college ball, but I learned about his exploits at Marquette later.) His 1st game he was sonnin' dudes like they were the rookies and he was the seasoned vet! Can he sniff Kobe's ballsac? (PASUE) I don't think he'd want to. Kobe is a great talent, one the greatest NBA talents ever IMO. But he is definitely lacking something, and I think it has something to do with his character more than anything else. Ego is important and every great player has it, but I think his goes over the line and alienates him from the dudes he plays with- NOT a good thing in a team sport. Trust me, if I'm starting an NBA team I would take D. Wade over Kobe every time.. I don't even have to think about that one.

Why is everybody jumpin on the jock now!!!!!!!!! Nobody was chooseing Wade last year when he was incredible against Indiana. "Kobe I Lacking something." He has 3 rings---------------3 Rings. What else does he need. Im Not a fan of Kobe but cats' memories are so short when the "next Jordan" tag is waved. You should think about that one. Get off the bandwagon. No one was talkin Heat last year, it was all LEBRON,Stoudamire,and whoeverelse the NBA Machine hypnotized you with. Hey remember Stackhouse,JR Rider,McGrady,Vince Carter,Penny,........and the list goes on. If Wade wins with Shaq, good for him,but dont get it twisted like they will win more than Shaq's Lakers. Shaq's health has deteriorated in the past 3 seasons.
    Stan van Gundy is not Phil Jackson.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Why is everybody jumpin on the jock now!!!!!!!!! Nobody was chooseing Wade last year when he was incredible against Indiana.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Wade isn't even better than Iverson !!!......and I KNOW you guys aren't gonna tell me A.I is better than Kobe.....

which of the following players DOES NOT play in a offense where he runs off 50 screens before getting an open shot??????

Lebron
    Iverson
    Rip
    Wade
    Peja
    Kobe

if you chose Mr Bryant you would be correct

GIVE KOBE AN OFFENSE LIKE THAT ...HE'D RUN THE LEAGUE

have a nice day....time for work

Wade isn't even better than Iverson !!!......and I KNOW you guys aren't gonna tell me A.I is better than Kobe.....

which of the following players DOES NOT play in a offense where he runs off 50 screens before getting an open shot??????

Lebron
    Iverson
    Rip
    Wade
    Peja
    Kobe

if you chose Mr Bryant you would be correct

GIVE KOBE AN OFFENSE LIKE THAT ...HE'D RUN THE LEAGUE

have a nice day....time for work

Wade or Kobe dont win shit without Shaq...period.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Wade isn't even better than Iverson !!!-I disagree. The question is which player is more effective in playing as part of a team. I think the answer is clear on that one.[/b]

......and I KNOW you guys aren't gonna tell me A.I is better than Kobe.....- I can't call it.[/b]

Lebron- Great, well-balanced game. I'd like a little stronger D though.[/b]

Iverson- Tough player, good defender, takes poor shots which irks me.[/b]

Rip- Great offensively, could toughen up on the D.[/b]

Wade- Great, pretty well-balanced player all around.[/b]

Peja- One dimensional, lacks mental toughness, poor defender and rebounder.[/b]

Kobe- Great all-around player, but selfish offensively. Must assume a leadership role on his squad and make his teammates better.[/b]

if you chose Mr Bryant you would be correct- I wouldn't. He is divisive and has not grasped the team concept[/b]

GIVE KOBE AN OFFENSE LIKE THAT ...HE'D RUN THE LEAGUE-I disagree. Shaq and Phil were the difference, as we see by this year's meltdown of the Lakers.[/b]

have a nice day....time for work- You too.[/b]

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts

Errbody was all talkin' about Lebron and Carmelo when they came into the league,

Don't forget Darco

Just playin...

Wade isn't even better than Iverson !!!-I disagree. The question is which player is more effective in playing as part of a team. I think the answer is clear on that one.[/b]

......and I KNOW you guys aren't gonna tell me A.I is better than Kobe.....- I can't call it.[/b]

Kobe- Great all-around player, but selfish offensively. Must assume a leadership role on his squad and make his teammates better.[/b]

if you chose Mr Bryant you would be correct- I wouldn't. He is divisive and has not grasped the team concept[/b]

GIVE KOBE AN OFFENSE LIKE THAT ...HE'D RUN THE LEAGUE-I disagree. Shaq and Phil were the difference, as we see by this year's meltdown of the Lakers.[/b]

But kobe did plat within the team concept for the championship runs

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Stacks, Hamilton did a bang up job on Wade this past game.

Also I don't think Wade is as deadly on the pull-up, stop-and-pop right now as he will be in future years. He's got that incredible fade away jumper but if he's forced to hit from the perimeter all game he's a lot less of a deadly force. His ability to get to the hoop is what makes him so much more than your average guard imo...

Also I don't think Wade is as deadly on the pull-up, stop-and-pop right now as he will be in future years. He's got that incredible fade away jumper but if he's forced to hit from the perimeter all game he's a lot less of a deadly force. His ability to get to the hoop is what makes him so much more than your average guard imo...

Wade's defense isnt what it should be.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Yes, Rip did a great job. But, he needs to do this consistently. He's not known as a defensive "threat" as of yet, ala Bruce Bowen for an example.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Phil is right about Kobe's on and off-court personality that gets in the way of his game. i totally agree. and you put it nicely.

As far as the reality with the man everyone loves or hates. Batmon and Ed are RIGHT ON about his game and more importantly SITUATION. I didn't think about this myself til now, but the Lakers in the last 5 years never really "ran plays" for Kobe.

Still, the Lakers aren't in the playoffs and they get all this attention.
    Kobe has 3 rings and the haters talk like he is a complete failure.

we'll be back!!!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Phil is right about Kobe's on and off-court personality that gets in the way of his game. i totally agree. and you put it nicely.

Well, thank you very much. Don't get all aggy, though, Kobe lovers... your boy is, as I said, one of the most talented players in the history of the game IMO. I love watching the dude play- he's got that ability to kill you on both ends ala MJ. He's got 3 rings, but he should be working on #6 with the Diesel in LA right now.
    The whole reason I would take D. Wade over Kobe Bean has nothing to do with who's the greater talent (I'll give that to Kobe, but not by a hell of a lot), it's about who is the better team player and who is the better person, point blank. I can't see Dwyane (why his momma spell that boy name like that?) ever saying that he's tired of being Shaq's "sidekick"... only a serious egomaniac would ever think he'd be better off without Shaquille in the middle. Kobe wants to be Jordan, or even BIGGER than Jordan, and he felt like he couldn't do it while he was under Shaq's shadow. But even Jordan learned that he couldn't do it by himself- now I guess Kobe is starting to understand that, too (but as selfish as that dude is, maybe he still doesn't get it).

Wade's defense isnt what it should be.

Says who?

2004-05 NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE SECOND TEAM
    Forward Tayshaun Prince, Detroit
    Center Marcus Camby, Denver
    Guard Chauncey Billups, Detroit
    Forward Andrei Kirilenko, Utah
    Guard Jason Kidd, New Jersey
    Guard Dwyane Wade, Miami[/b]

Wade's Biggest Weakness...Only AI did it better.

Ranks #2 in the NBA in Turnovers Per Game(4.17)

hope he's ok for the next game.

i agree with most of the points you made.

I can't see Dwyane ever saying that he's tired of being Shaq's "sidekick"...

Shaq is awefully leaner and quieter with Miami though isn't he?

Kobe wants to be Jordan, or even BIGGER than Jordan, and he felt like he couldn't do it while he was under Shaq's shadow.

From day one, i don't think people liked him, selfish/insecure/loner/prettyboy who people were hyping up to be the next Jordan. He made a couple enemies along the way by throwing nasty reverse dunks, lean-in 4 point plays at the end of regulation, and droppin' 40 points on everyone's home team, all the while doing it with his pretty face and not-so-likeable personality (which I see as insecurity). I see his 3 rings like Nas's Illmatic, nawmean? a blessing and a curse. And from day one, I don't think he really enjoyed his stay at "Big Aerostotle"'s domain. Hell, come to think of it now, maybe that's why he got all introverted and became all isolated from the rest of the Laker members, who were fine with big daddy, as long as him and Kobe were winning them rings.

nice to actually discuss some shit in a calm manner. it used to be "FUCK THAT BITCH KOBE! DIE DIE DIE!". shi-t i ain't hating on nobody, D-Wade is sick as fuck. Although I have only seen "highlights" not entire games, where I could make more accurate judgments about his whole game.

okay, i just realized I had said "big aristotle" and big daddy, not to mention there is "Big Diesel", and "Superman".....I think it's safe to say, there was more than one BIG EGO besides Jellie Bean Jr.

3-2...

Hope pistons fans feel better after all the touch fouls the refs were calling against the heat tonight. I RESPECT the pistons but...
    acts like a bitch alot.

• either way, miami just reclaimed home court advantage, which probably assures that this will turn into a 7 game series in which I still believe detroit will pull through.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Ralph... I thought this was a really poorly officiated game on both sides.

I think the officials have yet to make up their minds - are they gonna let them play? are they gonna be strict? They call pat/touch fouls, flops, etc but then miss huge ones. I don't know.

It's not bias, it's just all over the place. I like consistency in officiating. I think Albert said at one point, "I can't see where the officials are going with all of these tiny fouls".

Well, thank you very much. Don't get all aggy, though, Kobe lovers... your boy is, as I said, one of the most talented players in the history of the game IMO. I love watching the dude play- he's got that ability to kill you on both ends ala MJ. He's got 3 rings, but he should be working on #6 with the Diesel in LA right now.
    The whole reason I would take D. Wade over Kobe Bean has nothing to do with who's the greater talent (I'll give that to Kobe, but not by a hell of a lot), it's about who is the better team player and who is the better person, point blank. I can't see Dwyane (why his momma spell that boy name like that?) ever saying that he's tired of being Shaq's "sidekick"... only a serious egomaniac would ever think he'd be better off without Shaquille in the middle. Kobe wants to be Jordan, or even BIGGER than Jordan, and he felt like he couldn't do it while he was under Shaq's shadow. But even Jordan learned that he couldn't do it by himself- now I guess Kobe is starting to understand that, too (but as selfish as that dude is, maybe he still doesn't get it).

Better team player???
    Put Wade on the Clippers and see how much of a team player he stays.
    Look at Jordan with Washington.
    Would you have deferred to Shaq if he came to training camp 35 pounds overweight?If you were Kobe after 3 championship seasons, seeing the man your supposed to defer to,not care about his weight(team play?),wouldnt you do what it takes to win? You cant judge Wade right now on better team play vs. Kobe right now. Judge after The Heat have 3 rings.

i agree with most of the points you made.

I can't see Dwyane ever saying that he's tired of being Shaq's "sidekick"...

Shaq is awefully leaner and quieter with Miami though isn't he?
    okay, i just realized I had said "big aristotle" and big daddy, not to mention there is "Big Diesel", and "Superman".....I think it's safe to say, there was more than one BIG EGO besides Jellie Bean Jr.

Somebody finally said it. The media makes Shaq to be the goodguy.His ego is crazy huge. It Takes 2 to Tango!!!!! Shaq is far from an Angel.

But kobe did plat within the team concept for the championship runs

Yeah sure, it was really obvious with his play this past season. I swear, some of you guys must look through your "partisan goggles" when you watch a player you're fans of play. I call Iverson (I'm a Sixer fan) as I see him. Fucked up play is fucked up play no matter how you slice it. Kobe showed his true, unreigned colors (i.e., selfish as hell) when Phil and Shaq departed. It showed me that those guys were the glue that held his sometimes erratic, selfish offensive play in check. Who did that on the squad last year??? It just goes to show that you don't make a fool a king (unless of course you're a red state American voter)[/b]

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Kobe is not going to play in the triangle if Phil isnt running it. Come on.Im not a Kobe fan. True colors---3 years vs one year? what kind of evaluuation is that. Yes he's fucked up and selfish but he submerged it for 3 rings,son. Iverson went to the championship when Brown moved him to shooting guard with Snow at the point, allowing Iverson to shoot at will. Kobe went nut deservingly so after Shaq left. He broke up the team so he could be the engine with role players surrounding him. Fuck the Lakers, but dont wipe away accomplishments.

Kobe is not going to play in the triangle if Phil isnt running it. Come on.Im not a Kobe fan. True colors---3 years vs one year? what kind of evaluuation is that. Yes he's fucked up and selfish but he submerged it for 3 rings,son. Iverson went to the championship when Brown moved him to shooting guard with Snow at the point, allowing Iverson to shoot at will. Kobe went nut deservingly so after Shaq left. He broke up the team so he could be the engine with role players surrounding him. Fuck the Lakers, but dont wipe away accomplishments.

Hey Batmon,

You're making my point. Kobe played a more disciplined offensive game when Phil and Shaq were around. It's interesting how he forgot how to play disciplined offense when said two guys departed. Shaq still played a team-oriented, unselfish style of play with his NEW team, yet Kobe found it difficult to do the same with his SAME organization. I'm not expecting the Lakers to be championship-bound or anything, I'm just saying that it appears that he was more unbridled without Phil and Shaq, and his game suffered accordingly (e.g., lowest shooting percentage of his career and more turnovers).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey Batmon,

You're making my point. Kobe played a more disciplined offensive game when Phil and Shaq were around. It's interesting how he forgot how to play disciplined offense when said two guys departed. Shaq still played a team-oriented, unselfish style of play with his NEW team, yet Kobe found it difficult to do the same with his SAME organization. I'm not expecting the Lakers to be championship-bound or anything, I'm just saying that it appears that he was more unbridled without Phil and Shaq, and his game suffered accordingly (e.g., lowest shooting percentage of his career and more turnovers).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Shaq is going to play team ball because the entire franchise revolves around him.
    By the way Im an Indiana Pacers fan.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

I think the officials have yet to make up their minds - are they gonna let them play? are they gonna be strict? They call pat/touch fouls, flops, etc but then miss huge ones. I don't know.

It's not bias, it's just all over the place. I like consistency in officiating. I think Albert said at one point, "I can't see where the officials are going with all of these tiny fouls".

could not agree with you more, last game the foul that first was called as a blocking foul on wade, but the offical changed his mind SO late and called it as an offensive on sheed (which lead to a tech on LB) is a huge indicator of wishy-washy officials.

i want the d to take it, and i know we can, we just cant have our guards shoot that many times without getting our big guys involved...and arroyo should never shoot the ball...3 BRICKS in a row! man. i havent lost faith, detroit has done this before, and i honestly do feel like we are unstopable when we have to dig ourselves outta the hole. i just feel like im gonna lose a couple years off my life because of this stress.

could not agree with you more, last game the foul that first was called as a blocking foul on wade, but the offical changed his mind SO late and called it as an offensive on sheed (which lead to a tech on LB) is a huge indicator of wishy-washy officials.

i want the d to take it, and i know we can, we just cant have our guards shoot that many times without getting our big guys involved...and arroyo should never shoot the ball...3 BRICKS in a row! man. i havent lost faith, detroit has done this before, and i honestly do feel like we are unstopable when we have to dig ourselves outta the hole. i just feel like im gonna lose a couple years off my life because of this stress.

I want Detroit to win but I dont know man, I'm weary. Coming back against Indiana is different than coming back on Miami. Keep hope alive. Sometimes playing comeback is daunting.