Heat vs. the Pistons (Game 3 whining)

bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Was this by far the worst officiated game I've seen. How does Shaq get away with the wrap-around EVERYTIME HE IS IN THE PAINT! and how does Chauncy get his lip split no real foul is called in his favor. i love my team, and i know we did suck it up, but part of me feels like we were just frustrated... worst game ever.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I'm not a huge fan, but dude was hitting his FT's in the 4th. Maybe Miami can start to get a little respect now. Wade had a quiet 2nd half and the pistons still got run on! Everyone acts like they don't even deserve to play in the ECF.....On to Game 4.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Was this by far the worst officiated game I've seen. How does Shaq get away with the wrap-around EVERYTIME HE IS IN THE PAINT! and how does Chauncy get his lip split no real foul is called in his favor. i love my team, and i know we did suck it up, but part of me feels like we were just frustrated... worst game ever.

I thought Billups hit his mouth on the floor and thats why he started bleeding... Shaq's been doing that for too long, they let him do it... on the other hand people be beating him up too, if you can imagine that so...

• I HATE blaming games on officiating, but after seeing this shit first hand...

it's really hard not to do.

dwayne wade didn't even get touched at the end of the first half when they called the last foul...shaq wrap arounds and countless other touch fouls. it seems like the officials wanted to make this a western conference game last night (i.e. run and gun type ball, less d)...i really can't believe what i saw at the game. very dissappointing.

a major turning point was after detroit reclaimed the lead then rasoul butler made the 4 pt play, which was preceeded by another 3. 7 pts in 30 seconds after detroit shut them down nearly the whole quarter is demoralizing.

the bottom line was that detroit put more than enough points on the board to win the game, they just couldn't play their d (mainly b/c of the officiating imo). either way, miami just reclaimed home court advantage, which probably assures that this will turn into a 7 game series in which I still believe detroit will pull through.

btw...dwayne wade is something for chicago to be proud of...that dude is nuts.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    either way, miami just reclaimed home court advantage, which probably assures that this will turn into a 7 game series in which I still believe detroit will pull through.

As much as I support and love the Heat...I think this is true. either way, it's going to be a good series.

• Granted, the officiating wasn't great, but the Pistons got twice as many shots in the fourth quarter and hit like a quarter of them. Ben Wallace was shooting threes when they were only down 10 with like three or four minutes left. It just looked like they gave up.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    just saw these... those officials should be shot.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    damn! if those aren't fouls, i don't know what is...

• yeah you're right actually, that's bullshit. League wants the heat in the finals I guess.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Okay, yeah - I'm nervous about tonight.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Granted, the officiating wasn't great, but the Pistons got twice as many shots in the fourth quarter and hit like a quarter of them.

Exactly...All the officiating in the world ain't gonna help Detroit score. It's painful to watch Chauncey and Rip shoot the Rock.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    Granted, the officiating wasn't great, but the Pistons got twice as many shots in the fourth quarter and hit like a quarter of them.

Exactly...All the officiating in the world ain't gonna help Detroit score...

this is the last time im going to whine... but those two techs that we got was a direct result of frustration due to bad officiating. if you feel like the officials are not being fair, its hard to get your game straight... i dunno, maybe thats a sign of a great player--someone who can own their skills regardless of an onslaught of bad calls.

SO EFFIN NERVOUS FOR TONIGHT!!!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    With all this noise about Larry Brown leaving for Cleveland it can't be good for team morale - talk radio yakkers are already predicting a loss, fatalist mfuggers...

---

YOU ARE WATCHING HISTORY IN THE MAKING! ARE YOU READY?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Detroit will be fine..Do Not Worry

With all this noise about Larry Brown leaving for Cleveland it can't be good for team morale - talk radio yakkers are already predicting a loss, fatalist mfuggers...

---

From what I've heard though, nobody in the organization is bothered by the Larry to Cleveland thing. Everyone is like "who cares? we know Larry is going to make a decision but we know we have a job to do!" I think it's just bad timing, cause it's all anybody (else) wants to talk about right now.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Detroit will be fine..Do Not Worry

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    Brown was contacted yesterday by The Associated Press as he watched a Star Wars movie with his daughter, Brown refused to comment other than to say: "If I'm healthy, my goal is to be the coach of the Detroit Pistons. That's the only thing that's really real."

im really pissed off at the cavs ops. such unneccs press ish to deal with.

That's what I'm talkin' about!!

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

booooooooooooo... at least you'll be in a good mood tomorrow for you first day on the new gig... find out the lay of the computer land before you go jumping on ebay and SS...

booooooooooooo... at least you'll be in a good mood tomorrow for you first day on the new gig... find out the lay of the computer land before you go jumping on ebay and SS...

Good plan! I'm actually gonna try to be SS free from 9 to 5 for a couple of days (heh, we'll see how long that lasts).

Salary Drewn on the horizon!

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    this series lookin better than the finals gonna be...

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    GAME 4 - yeah buddy. Rip is a beast.

Man, the NBA is ready to make Dwayne Wade out to be Michael Jordan. The boy is good, but the only way to prove dude's greatness can only be if he didn't have Shaq.

I think the Pistons have the Heat where they need them. It's obvious... just get the physical centers in foul trouble, more room to focus on Wade. Pistons have enough big men to take it to them.

I think the Pistons have the Heat where they need them. It's obvious... just get the physical centers in foul trouble, more room to focus on Wade. Pistons have enough big men to take it to them.

That said, GOD BLESS ELDEN CAMPBELL!!!

[i]The newest addition the Black Skull Grabbers Club

Man, the NBA is ready to make Dwayne Wade out to be Michael Jordan. The boy is good, but the only way to prove dude's greatness can only be if he didn't have Shaq.

What?

Dwyane took an average Marquette team to the Final Fucking Four and was averaging 16 ppg as a rookie, before Shaq joined the Heat. He will only become greater as time progresses.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

What?

Dwyane took an average Marquette team to the Final Fucking Four and was averaging 16 ppg as a rookie, before Shaq joined the Heat. He will only become greater as time progresses.

DWYANE WADE IS BUILT FOR THIS![/b]

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Yo, I don't ever remember Michael Jordan winning a championship by himself either. Ever heard of Scottie Pippen? Mike had help too, so that's a really lame-duck argument.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Yo, I don't ever remember Michael Jordan winning a championship by himself either. Ever heard of Scottie Pippen? Mike had help too, so that's a really lame-duck argument.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    Not necessarily my point... Kobe was considered to be the next Jordan too, but it was obvious who was the glue of the winning Lakers. I think Wade is only going to get better. In fact, I think he's frighteningly good. He's young though, so he's still makes dunderhead mistakes. All I'm saying is that Wade is doing well primarily due to the Shaq factor and that should always be a factor when people talk about how great he's doing.

Oh... and the Mike and Scottie dynamic is different that Shaq and an awesome guard.

Anyway... go Pistons.

• Man, the NBA is ready to make Dwayne Wade out to be Michael Jordan. The boy is good, but the only way to prove dude's greatness can only be if he didn't have Shaq.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    Not necessarily my point... Kobe was considered to be the next Jordan too, but it was obvious who was the glue of the winning Lakers. I think Wade is only going to get better. In fact, I think he's frighteningly good. He's young though, so he's still makes dunderhead mistakes. All I'm saying is that Wade is doing well primarily due to the Shaq factor and that should always be a factor when people talk about how great he's doing.

Oh... and the Mike and Scottie dynamic is different that Shaq and an awesome guard.

Anyway... go Pistons.

Shaq hasn't won anything without Kobe, so until he does, you can kill that argument.

There's a younger player out there who I'd take over Wade if I were starting a team (not to say that I don't think he's absolutely sick).

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

Anyway... go Pistons.

Anyway... go Pistons.

Anyway... go Pistons.

Anyway... go Pistons.

big up to lindsay hunter. i got a love/hate relationship with him, but my man's got some SERIOUS heart... so old, but so good.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Anyway... go Pistons.

I totally agree. Go Heat (since my Sixers have gon' fishin')!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak