Crate Digging Discreetly With WIfi From Phone/palm

2»

Comments

• It comes into play when you are holding a boner in your hands - perhaps your own - and you want to know if it's the real deal.

This comment is hilarious on so many levels.
    It transcends AYO into realms unfathomed by mortal minds.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    How much was that greek record, that you needed to look it up on popsike/ebay/gemm/cdandlp/google/soulstrut/waxidermy?

If that was $1, that is some weak sauce. Cover/photo alone is worth it for $1.

That shit just takes away all the fun. And imagine how many $10-30 records you'll be skipping on because they ain't "Da Raer???".

• I have two friends that call me (their friend who owns a record store) regularly from thrift stores and even other record stores to see if they should buy records they're looking at. I don't mind except when they call from a store with a listening station. Did you listen to the record?!?! Did you like it? Can you afford it?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    If its a Record Store, priced on the heavy side, with No listening station and a No Portable rule, and something looks interesting, then fuck it. I've done it. I called Guzzo, I think. Maybe Iron Monkey.

Also, I once killed a man.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    funny how shit gets twisted

please let me explain since everyone is so interested

someone {a good friend who is a "paid " man with deep pockets and lots of ingrained generosity]
    gave his inner circle of friends a palm/phone that he himself loves using.

i have never had a palm with a keypad and internet access-wicked,now i am broader than bdwy

so there i am in the store

i see that greek bouzouki joint

its priced 14.99 sealed in the new arrivals bin

i am friends with the owner and i think i could talk him dowm but his assistant is on the floor and he has no say in the matter.

to me its a dollar record

but I'm at first not sure if its greek/polish or russian

there is no english on the back cover.

then i see 1973 on the back hidden in the corner of the label on the lp and look again at the cover and mini skirts and how dude is hendrixing that bouzouki behind his neck
    upon further scrutiny the back it says
    'LYRA","POP eleven" and "Athen"
    googled that and greek stuff came up but no real info

now what......its not the greek ball of eyes or whatever -but who knows

put it on the side and continue to dig

mind you since i have been collecting records[20 years] i have never used a portable.
    unless i found a vast basement/warehouse and i have unlimited access and assortment of unknowns to deal with[this has only happened a few times so far]

so i pull another sealed lp that i don't know.

-tim rose "through rose colored glasses"-columbia no date, paste on,no musicians listed
    priced 9.99 i google that
    up pops -britsh beat/pop worth 10-15 sterling 1970,oop,reissued etc
    cool i snag it
    turns out there are sick loud cracking drums like BP or IM on that shit with a phat intro on a track that i have to sample and loop
    also another tune on that lp sounds like it came off the
    "twink think pink" joint for a minute.

so to conclude this lame boring azz story about me digging:

by the time i was finished cleansing the store and its amazing dolla bins the owner comes in
    hands me a pound of cheese
    i show him the greek lp in question and he gives it to me for free.
    i drop 19 dollars on private folk/instrumental acoustic guitar[basho/keaggy/hedges] some funk and soul -that first martha valez lp on polydor which i posted a picture of in the weekend finds thread,odita coates and a big suprise- some HEAVY FUNK GOSPEL/RELIGOUS SHIT-
    A wicked blistering live "up with people "lp that has a really good drummer and it sounds like a raw funk 45 on a few cuts.

the end